1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

F Brown!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dobbler-33, Apr 7, 2019.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    There hasn't been much passion since 2010. Hopefully that changes this year. Steelers are at their best when they are underdogs and flying underneath the media radar.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if true, I can't give him credit for that. He created that monster in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah back in the day with Tampa Gruden got so fed up with Keyshawn Johnson, he just sent him home from the team, and told him not to return. Now Gruden has to deal with the biggest diva WR of recent memory.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe. But I’m thinking this just kept growing. Exactly when do you get rid of one of the best players in football?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Tolerated, certainly. Created, that’s all on AB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    to the point of burning his stupid ass Jersey. color rush with Rooney patch..will try and save the patch tho..

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Save patch. Give jersey to homeless person.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    3FDB7284-F0F9-4E15-82F3-34555C75F3F7.png

• Like Like x 2
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Somebody must have gotten to AB, he said he wasn't going to give the media anymore fake ammo :facepalm:. AB attack on JuJu backfired, so he will probably shut up for awhile :shrug:.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    AB leads the league in victimhood.

11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, he isn't a better talent. Brown is faster. His quickness and ability to gain separation from defenders is as good or better than anybody in the NFL. Smith-Schuster is a fantastic player, but he's not Brown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They gave up one of the top 20 or so players in the league for peanuts. They lost.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Showing everybody that the Steelers will cave if a player has the will to take them on. The damage from that trade goes beyond giving up an elite talent while still taking a big cap hit for a 3 and a 5.

The Steelers are worse than they were at the end of the season. Even if I granted the argument that they are better off with him gone, they still had to do it for pennies on the dollar because Brown screwed them over. Brown beat them. Accept it.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They gave themselves a chance to compete next season as opposed to keeping that cancer on the team which would have sunk them for sure.

Steelers won. Accept it.

Actually no one won but the Steelers did the right thing jettisoning him at any cost.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    brilliant :)

16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  17. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Didn't he just say that the Raiders were looking to trade for Wilson as well? Sounds like he has a lot to say and will say whatever to anyone that will listen. I am pretty sure an ex coach of a team isn't gonna know what that teams plans are, just saying. For the record I don't disagree with what he is saying about AB, I just don't have much stock in what he says right now.:smiley1:

PS

This was talked about on the opening drive with Charlie Wiess and Ross Tucker so I am not making stuff up. Charlie reached out to friend and asked if Wilson was on the trade block and they said no.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No one won? Brown wanted out of town. He got that. He wanted a new contract with more guaranteed money. He got that. He seemed to want to stick it to the Steelers and he got that, too.

What did he lose? His reputation? You really think people will care if he goes out and plays well this coming season? Do you really think he cares?

Brown won. The Steelers lost. They took a major hit in terms of talent. They didn't get nearly enough in return. They showed that they lack the will or strength to stand up to one of their own players. If any Steeler doesn't like his contract in the future, he can simply act like a jackass for a few weeks and they will cave. That was the message they sent. I don't understand why that concept is so difficult for so many of you. Maybe you just don't want to believe it, but that's exactly what happened.

Brown won. The Steelers lost.

I get the concept of addition by subtraction, but with the subtraction is that big, it doesn't apply. Brown could have made it work. He chose not to and the Steelers folded. Given that they took the big cap hit either way, they would have been better off keeping him than selling for pennies on the dollar. If that means benching him or suspending him for insubordination, so be it. At some point, they have to stop letting players roll over them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

It depends on the meaning of, "won." Barry Foster, Gary Anderson and Eric Green initially looked as if they had won but then they got to watch the Steelers on TV at the Super Bowl.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You really think Brown cares about that? He wanted his money. If he cared about winning, he'd have refused Oakland, too.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Get back to me when Browns numbers suffer and missing the playoffs multiple seasons and let me know if he still won. You're lying to yourself if you think that doesn't matters to him. Especially the stats.

Please stop overselling the now everyone knows how to get out of a contract with Pittsburgh. As I said, he didn't invent that.

He got more money which is what he was after most but a win win for everyone involved would have been if he never lost his marbles and continued to honor his contract. Brown would continue putting up great stats and Steelers would have retained and benefited from having his talents.

I can say just as easily that the Steelers won by getting rid of him. He absolutely would have derailed the season. According to you he "won" but hes still spouting off and jealous about JuJu. You really think he could have made it work if he stayed? Just stop.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not overselling anything. I never said he invented it, but this was high profile and the team clearly folded.

Brown won. He got what he wanted. Maybe his career goes in the toilet from here, but he was clearly most interested in getting paid.

The Steelers failed to control this from the beginning. They let things get to this point. They mismanaged Brown to the point that he knew he could pull this crap.

You don't know what Brown would have done if the Steelers told him he can whine all he wants, but he's got a contract and they are holding him to it. You're speculating. My argument isn't based solely on speculation. It is based on nine years of production and the piss-poor return the team got in the trade.

23. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

I think in time, he will.

24. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
  25. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Should Brown really be saying anything about fumbling away playoff chances when he literally didn't show up in last year's biggest game because he threw a tantrum like a little child? He's as insane as Mendenhall.