1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Baseball Season

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Mar 28, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Any baseball fans here, who do you like and what is your predictions?

I am a Mets fan :( and my prediction is the Yanks over the Cards. What say you????????

2. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Even more difficult to follow this than NFL over here. I'm a Twins fan so if the season ended today I'd be a happy man!! Especially given we're facing Bryce shortly....

Dodgers over the Yankees for me

• Like Like x 2
  3. EnglishSteeler

Jan 17, 2019
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah man they killed the Mets and Degrom last night ending one heck of a streak for him. If they hit like that man they are gonna be hard to keep up with.

5. EnglishSteeler

Jan 17, 2019
    I fear inconsistency will be our downfall. We have power through the line up though for sure

• Like Like x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah probably I haven't followed the Twins much so I don't know much about they but i got to see first hand how much power they have watching them rough up the Mets last night. :(

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The Pirates will manage to grab defeat from the jaws of victory and by the midsummer classic will still be in striking distance of a wild card before purging the roster again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. EnglishSteeler

Jan 17, 2019
    Twins outmanouvered last night showing why we ultimately finish way back

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah 10 walks is not a formula for success. At one point in the Mets 6 run inning they walked 6 out of 7 and the other was a HBP....not good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Damn buccos are eye balling 7 straight L's. D'backs need to register as sex offenders for that raping and the pin he Doyers are next in line. Long season young team that the older I get I start following more well them and the Dodgers begrudgingly on he AM dial due to old family traits... Along with the fact that they're all I get interrupting my AM sports talk shows on the left coast.

11. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    7 straight... Since polanco came back? Weird. Correct me if I'm wrong I'm not the biggest peanut cracking fan in the world of stickball

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    It seems ever since the Pirates reliever broke Goldschmidt's arm a few years ago and knocked them out of the Western Div pennant race, they have murdered the Bucs, especially in Pgh. With the exception of a rare west coast win streak about 4-5 years ago, the Pirates have NEVER faired well at Chavez Ravine in LA. I've been here since '65 and can't tell you how many times my heart's been broken by the Blue Crew especially with late inning come backs. Didn't matter who we trotted out there - Clemente, Stargell, Bonds, Van Slyke, Giles, McCutcheon, Bell, Polanco - Pirates always lose to the Bums. When the Bucs took 1-0 and 5-1 leads over the weekend, I turned the radio off, knowing it was the kiss of death, and guess what? I was right. And to make matters even worse, the Dodgers are the only MLB team to black out all games, home and away unless you are a cable subscriber to Time Warner Spectrum. They even black out all games on DTV's MLB package which is just fine with me, I hate that franchise!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Yeah I live in Bakersfield they're always on the AM dial

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't much care for baseball but, being in San Diego in the early 60s, chances are you were a Dodger fan! The first game I ever went to was in '63. We drove up to Chavez Ravine (a major undertaking at the time) to see Koufax pitch. I fell asleep in the 3rd. So, I don't always follow baseball, but when I do...……...DODGERS!
    That being said: Fernando Valenzuela!
    Fernando Valenzuela!
    He came from Sonora to Tommy Lasorda's Dodger Blue!

15. EnglishSteeler

Jan 17, 2019
    Can't quite believe where the twins are over a third of the way through the season. Spreading the hits through the team and playing very efficient baseball

• Like Like x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes they are and it is good to see a "small market" team do well. My Mets on the other hand are killing me as usual, lol.

17. EnglishSteeler

Jan 17, 2019
    Unfortunately our season will inevitably end with a postseason sweep by either the yankees or astros

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Hey you never know but one thing for sure at least you will make it. No matter what the Mets do they will still be looking from the outside in.........

19. EnglishSteeler

Jan 17, 2019
    The futility of being a Twins fan. All sorts of HR records and still swept by the Yanks in October. This time it was even more lopsided :facepalm:

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Hey try being a Met fan we live in the shadows of the Yankees everyday.........Heads up man Twin had a good season

21. EnglishSteeler

Jan 17, 2019
    I feel you my man. It just always has to be them! I'd rather anyone but them!

• Like Like x 1
  22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

What is nice right now for me is rooting not really so much for a team as I am against a team(s). I am rooting like heck for the Cards just so I can laugh at the "Buffalo" Braves another year. I am also rooting for whoever plays the Yanks..........

23. EnglishSteeler

Jan 17, 2019
    Spot on. Anyone but the Yanks first for me. Which now extends to rooting for the Astros as fear the Yanks would breeze by the Rays

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Ha ha Dodgers. Have lived in So Cal for over 50 years now and have never rooted for Dodgers (except when they play the Yankees). Smart me - still a Pirate fan :facepalm: But even the lowly Pirates took the the Cards to 5 games in the NLDS in 2013. Love it when the billion dollar MLB teams fan out so quickly in post season with one of the highest paid players pitching. :dancing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Loved the Cards sending the Buffalo Braves packing and I gave up when the Dodgers were up 3-0......wow! Now as much as I would love to see the Rays win tonight I have more faith in the Astros vs the Yanks than the Rays.

• Agree Agree x 1