1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2019 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 27, 2019.

1. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Guaranteed he’ll be a patriot if not!

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Edleman the 2nd??????? Kind of just the guy Brady like right?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I'm hanging my hat on LSU TE Foster Moreau

5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Sorry to buck the trend, I gotta go with the best available player, and select Damien Harris RB Alabama, he just feels like a power Steelers runner.

6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am voting Warring as well.

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd go RB Saunders from PSU.

8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I will also go Sanders here. Since the Steelers haven't brought in another viable back during FA, it's safe to assume the are going to pick one. Getting Miles Sanders at this point in the draft is a steal, and it fills a need.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't get it where is all the love coming from for Warring, what am I missing? Very little football experience, wasn't a starter much and needs a lot of work. I know he can learn a lot but IMO we need a more polished guy here in the 4th, I am not sure taking a project guy while we are in a win now mode is worth it. There are so many other players available right now that offer more right away like RB's Snell, Saunders and Harris. Wr's Humphrey and Renfrow can come in without being projects. Some other TE's available that are ranked higher and what NFL.com has to say about them. FYI they compare Oliver to McDonald.

Warring:

Kahale Kuio Kalani Michael Wodehouse Warring was a latecomer to football, starring instead in just about every other sport possible (water polo, basketball, cross county, swimming, soccer and tennis) during his time at Sonora High School in California. His one season on the gridiron gained enough interest from SDSU that he was given a shot as a walk-on. Warring redshirted the 2015 season while bulking up, and then played in four games as a reserve (2-17-8.5, two touchdowns) the following year before a broken foot cut the year short. Coaches gave him a scholarship before the 2017 season, and he ended up starting 3 of 13 games played (18-248-13.8, three TD). Warring only started twice in 12 games played in 2018 but was still named honorable mention All-Mountain West because he led the Aztecs with 31 receptions (which went for 372 yards, 12.0 average, and three scores). He did not play in the team's bowl game due to a hamstring injury suffered in the regular-season finale.

Smith:

Smith applied for early entry in the 2019 NFL Draft to become the sixth tight end from Stanford since 2012 to be selected in the top four rounds. That reputation as "Tight End U" helped the Cardinal land Smith, a five-star recruit from Marcus, Texas. He redshirted the 2016 season and then played in 14 games as a key reserve the following year (23 catches, 414 yards, 18.0 ypc, five touchdowns). Smith's performance against USC in the Pac-12 Championship Game that year caught the eyes of scouts (4 catches, 80 yards, 20.0 average, two touchdowns). He was even more productive as a junior despite missing the final three games with a foot injury, earning second-team All-Pac-12 honors and being named a Mackey Award finalist by catching 47 throws for 635 yards (13.5 average) and two scores in 10 starts.

Oliver:

Oliver was recruited to play a rush end/linebacker by San Jose State out of Paso Robles, as he was an All-State player on that side of the ball. However, the Spartans suffered injuries at the tight end position, and he had experience as a receiver in high school. Oliver actually started four games as a true freshman in 2015, making four catches for 36 yards (9.0 average) and scoring in the fourth quarter of the AutoNation Cure Bowl. Though his receiving totals were meager in 2016 (3-26-8.7, one TD), coaches started him in 9 of 12 games played. Oliver was a larger part of the offense in his junior season, catching 35 passes for 296 yards (8.5 average) and scoring once in 12 games (11 starts). He nearly doubled his yards per reception as a senior, averaging 12.7 yards on his team-high 56 catches (709 total) and scoring four times to earn first-team All-Mountain West Conference honors.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Tape. There’s not much out there, but what is there shows exceptional potential. IMO only Fant and maybe Hockenson show as much potential to be explosive in the passing game. He is very fast for his size, fluid in his movements and high points the ball (which makes sense as a former basketball player). His blocking effort is high, and his blocking techniques already look as good to me as Fant’s. I’m looking at him as a guy who has 1st round physical traits with enough good techniques on tape to project him as an NFL starter by 2020 or 2021. My other choice here at TE would be Moreau, but I while I see Moreau helping more in 2019 (largely as a blocker), I see Warring being a better player in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I guess I don't see it, I haven't watched his tape so I am going on what I have been reading. However Oliver number are just as good and with more production.

Oliver 4.63 6'5" 249lbs 331/2" arms 10 3/4 hands
    Warring 4.67 6'5" 252lbs 323/4 arms 9 3/4 hands

Add to the fact we are in the 4th round and drafting a project at a position of need don't impress me much when IMO we are in win now mode. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Lets call this, no one is going to catch Warring, he's the winner.

Lodge got no love at all, crazy, ya'll can kiss my ass :beee:

After brushing up on Warring though, he is a good pick. I hadn't seen him, I was looking at Dax Raymond for TE but I think 4th is too early for him.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I really hate this draft..........:cray:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The secret is to pick a team near the Steelers... all the hard work has been done for you.

~Drunk GM

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Kahale Warring...

doug2.jpg

If no one gets the reference your missing one of the great shows on right now :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  16. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Not that visits are ever an indicator..... but..... Damien....my man

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    It seems we are losing steam, who's up Seattle?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Their time expired. Denver is up. Anyone can pick for them, GM quit.

• Like Like x 1