1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Looney/Tomlin: Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Mar 27, 2019.

1. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Step down Art. Let your son run the team. You are clueless.

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2...hat-mayve-cost-pittsburgh-a-playoff-spot.html

And while Art Rooney II had told reporters prior to heading to Phoenix that he wasn’t interested in expanding replay, he told reporters Tuesday that endorsement of the competition committee (which Mike Tomlin sits on) and the prominence of some postseason interference calls and non-calls pushed the reform over the line.

Aditi Kinkhabwala

@AKinkhabwala
    #Steelers owner Art Rooney said yes, what happened in the postseason was an impetus for change. But he said the competition committee being 8-0 on this carried a lot of weight, and reiterated that it is “a narrow change.”

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I don't agree with the concept of not being able to review a ****ty call.

With that said, Art Rooney is just fine where he is.

And yes that play was huge which definitely was a huge factor to why the Steelers lost that game. Even Sean Peyton acknowledges that.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't agree with Art stepping down, God knows what would happen with his son. I just wish he knew when to talk and when not to; talk to Tomlin, not the media.

As far as reviewing ****ty calls, it's about time. If they don't do something about HGH and PED's we will have new rules every three years and then new rules to fix the rules they just made.

4. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I do question ownership's desire to actually win championships. Also Brown talking up the Patriots off camera just goes to show that he was never a true Steeler. No self-respecting Steeler (or any player of any other team) would be talking up any team other than their own let alone the cheaters off camera. I know they have to do it on camera because that's the preferred media narrative and they'll create a lot of noise if you don't kiss up to their idols, but don't do it off camera. It kind of just shows that you don't really have any loyalty to, or confidence in, your team. I'm sure a lot of players are this way not just Brown but I hate it.

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Can you imagine a Steelers player going a step further and asking Tom Brady for his jersey to hang on the wall at home...

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Did he do this too?

7. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Someone mentioned, who would want to be a ref? With one pair of eyes during live action, you are expected to make the right call instantly. You will be judged by what can be recorded by 8 cameras in slow motion, and played over and over for the next 5 minutes.

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I honestly believe the refs are growing tired of the foolish rules and when that happens .... well welcome to the NFL.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    AB?, not that I know of.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Oh, Ben did it. Not cool, Ben.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The players don't have the same hatred that fans do. That's just the reality of todays pro sports

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think Ben is saying "go ahead ****mook, deflate these balls"

13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    They're in it only for the money and are just well paid gladiators of the modern era. A regular meat market each and every draft. Not the same players a generation ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Yeah, that and the huge salaries are why I think a lot of players are not so concerned about winning anymore.

15. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    If it is anything like me, the left hand would be disgusted to know what the right hand was doing.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just to clarify, most of us are still talking football.

17. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    uhhhh sure jeh. i totally was too - yea let's go with that.

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes, players do this all the time it's a non-issue.

If you have a chance to get your hands on a jersey from one of the greats who's going to the Hall of Fame and can show the provenance of it, then you do it.

After-all, as long as that guy wasn't taking food out your mouth or attacking your family, it's just a game that you play for a living.

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    It is the same guys. Remember in the 70's most of the guys had second jobs. They didn't have the thought of "Hey that guys game worn jersey might be worth something down the road" or "hey that would be cool to display in my office someday".

I can tell you Baseball players and Basketball players routinely do this as well. I've visited a very well paid closing pitchers' house and he's shown me his wall of jerseys he collected over his years of playing.

Not a big deal as a player you can respect a guys prowess on the field and want to have a piece of memorabilia.

As a fan?! Hell no I wouldn't display it around my house, but I'd hold onto it and sell it later.