1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Full blown conspiracy theory, not really!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Stone, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I have said for years that the NFL's smokescreen involving concussions, and injuries in general, is nothing but window dressing. The NFL doesn't give a flying leap about player injury beyond the extent of the image it puts on them. All the rule changes, the protocol, the tent, the defenseless receiver, etc. is, for the most part, a cover up for the real problem.

The real problem is that the NFL turns a blind eye to HGH (Human Growth Hormone) and PED (Performance Enhancing Drug) use. Why? Because we morbid fans love the violence of the game and we love to shell out countless millions to watch it, be it on TV or live in person; and the NFL knows this.

If you wanted to eliminate 80% of the injuries in the NFL, simply have a zero tolerance policy for HGH and PED. Think about it, you have players with un-natural speed, strength, and agility colliding with each other coupled with the natural adrenaline that football brings out in players, and what do you think is going to happen? I think it was Fast Willie Parker who said the players in the NFL were little more than modern day gladiators making millions for the owners.

If you know any former players well enough that they will tell you the truth, or if you are the type who can follow the smoke and find the fire, you know that HGH and PED use is simply something you have to do if you want to keep your job in the NFL because everyone else is doing it.

I for one, would be willing to watch football the way it used to be and be thrilled by the natural ability that is brought about by the modern day dedication to diet and exercise that would make these guys big enough, fast enough, and strong enough to be pretty darned entertaining without HGH and PED use.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This isn't something new. Steroid use was very common in the 70s! Shooting players up with pain killers and sending them back in the game? A weekly occurrence. I got to know Walt Sweeney pretty well after he retired and he had a long history of drug abuse and addiction to pain killers that the Chargers doctors prescribed. He sued the NFL and won! Then lost on appeal. He ended up living on a small sailboat.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm sure you are correct that it was common in the 70's but I don't think it was anything like it is now. I think back then 20% of players used PED's, now I'd bet it's closer to 80%

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I think the use on the Raiders was close to 100%...……...except for Stabler. He just used alcohol!!

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Nah, it was probably high for the O-line and D-line but not the QB's, WR's, RB's, DB's, I think you'd have to admit that it was probably pretty high on the Steelers too but now it's simply a given for nearly everyone.

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Most definitely on defense. Lyle Alzado anyone? all the teams had steroid users 'cause it wasn't banned.