1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Pathetic. I was as mad as anyone for the compensation they received but now I'm really glad they dumped him and got what they did for him. There is ZERO chance it could have worked with him here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
  3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yeah any time he fades from the media limelight, he does something to put him back in it.

Classic narcissist. He's about the worst case I've ever seen.

Gruden really has his hands full. It is guaranteed there will be issues.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    At this point he's a hot potato you don't want to hold last. I expect kicking and screaming tantrums on his way out of the NFL. One thing we know he will not go quietly.

He's flipped his rocker with all the money and fame got to his head. He didn't have the emotional intelligence and maturity to handle it all. Now he's a lost cause and ticking time bomb sure to explode at the slightest perception of challenge to his ego.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm sure Rosenhaus LOVES the fact that Brown just aired how he does business publicly. It's not like the guy does not negotiate for many of the high-profile NFL stars or anything.

I would love to know what the Patriots stated the'd be willing to give up for Brown.

I guess ultimately it was less than a 3rd and 5th Oakland pick, which is pretty telling as it sounds like Brown would have definitely chose to go there.

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This is the exact same logic I have used about why Colbert and Rooney should have kept their mouths shut but it seems that when it's someone in the Steelers organization it's sacrilege to discuss it. In business, what you say behind closed doors is very different than what you should say in public, even if it's 100% truth.

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Well stone, most of us know what was said behind closed doors in Steeler land was NOT what was said in public. Time you started using that space between your ears.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Please just go away! You said once you blocked me, do it again please? I don't like fighting an unarmed man and you are clearly unarmed in an intelligent discussion.

11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    New contract demands from AB to Belicheat? That probably is why the Pats passed on Mr. Great chest.

12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Your chicken little impersonation is too hilarious to have blocked. I only stated that I will not feed your agenda of Steeler Armageddon Einstein.

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Shouldn't you be in school? Grade school is tough to make up!

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    That's enough, folks. Let's save the name calling for Brown and Bell and get back on topic. :)

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
  16. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    For what it’s worth... I also don’t think Colbert should have made the “52 kids” comment. He’s usually very tactful, and I was surprised he said it. You’d think if there were, I don’t know, multiple stories about our culture going sour that you wouldn’t want to perpetuate them with that quote. Not to mention, you want to put down 98.5% of the locker room? Hmm. Understand his point about superbowls... poor analogy.

There’s not even any value to be gained in saying it. The comment lacked tact and strategy altogether.

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Am I the only one who thinks that, at Rooney's age, anyone under 35 is a "kid"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Look at this clown, I have never seen a athlete go around bragging about being the highest paid at their position. So he didn't want to leave because of Ben, it was all about the money the whole time :shrug:.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Yeah maybe Art Rooney Sr ;)

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I meant Colbert...…..

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Saw an article on 247 today that speculated on the Steelers had almost locked up a trade to get the 9th overall pick in a trade for Brown so that they could get one of the Devin's. That is until Brown torpedoed it. Also had some big reaches on why they might take Hakeem Butler in the first if the aren't any linebackers named Devin left. Something about his working out with Calvin Johnson whose father in law is a Steelers scout and how that scout was seen at Iowa States pro day this week.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think anyone under 35 is a kid”. ;)

23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Me too!

24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    All this bravado Antonio is sharing with the world directly tells me that he does miss Pittsburgh. Rather, let me state this a different way. Seems as if Antonio is still bitter how everything got to this point leading to his defection but he seems saddened at himself indirectly at the fact that everything got to that point.

Again, it does seem crazy and asinine to believe so. Here is my major reason as to why I believe this. Before I get to it though, consider this: just about every major Sports Media Outlet knows about who and what Antonio Brown is. As such, Antonio knows he is being talked about, better or worse, to a great extent and said story will carry itself into the regular season. That only leaves one real question; who or what is Antonio after?!

My response?! He is not after the Steelers or JuJu even though he is making it seem that way; the media doing much of his dirty work no less. What Antonio Brown really is going for seems to be one thing; self verification. To me, he wants to validate himself as the "winner" while implying he was a "loser" all the same.

Just how I am seeing it anyways.

25. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I'm a little confused at what you're thanking...IMHO, you were getting pulled into the same avenue of non-productive discourse.

Guess I've always thought it equally the burden of a person feeling personally attacked to avoid counterattack and spin the downward cycle. JMHO