1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    For those who think AB's melt down was just an act and could have stayed this season and not cause problems, you're wrong. He's flipping mental. The 3rd and 5th are going to look pretty good by the end of the season.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I hope you are right!

3. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I don’t give a **** about Antonio Brown. I hope he gets 60 receptions for 862 yards

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:hmm:

I have read that Tomlin and Art Rooney II could have called his bluff about this. :lolol:

Not that would have made much of a difference though. Antonio Brown is a phenomenal player but requires phenomenal maintenance. For a team undergoing a culture change, keeping him is counter productive.

Tomlin is regaining what he once lost; his locker room. Whether or not if it was too late remains to be seen. We will have to wait and see for that matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Glad they didn't, it's not a bluff. I wasn't sure myself but he's losing his marbles.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Let him.

Every choice has consequences. He bet big time on himself. Like Le'Veon Bell, he will lose all the same. It is just a matter of time as to how violent "Mr. Time Bomb" explodes.

I can say this for certain. When that happens, viewer discretion is advised. Something bad will happen for certain on National TV.

7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yes the public love-in with Gruden and Carr is all very well during the off season but give it a season and let’s see. They will scheme every way they can to get him the ball but Carr is a limited QB at the end of the day and just doesn’t have the range that Ben does.

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    AB didn't cause this saga? He didn't make himself look like the next T.O. chapter in the NFL? Get back on your meds, your lack of acumen is growing.

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Does this mean that you think the Cheats are NOT going to win it all this year? We have a year off from the constant "Pats rule" posts?

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Look, we all get that you have some sort of "special" relationship with Rooney but instead of just insulting people who have a different opinion than yours, why don't you try this?

When I say that Rooney screwed the pooch by going on national TV and announcing that we didn't want AB, and that helped drive the price down, try pointing out why that had no impact?

When I say that Rooney is either oblivious to, or simply doesn't care, about the fact that Tomlin has created a toxic environment that players want out of, try pointing out why the environment Tomlin has built is really a good one?

When I say that Rooney condoned Colbert making his "1 man and 52 boys" announcement which will alienate the 52 guys in locker room not named Ben, try pointing out why that announcement was a good thing?

When I point out that the Steelers have blown countless opportunities over the last few years, while Rooney steadfastly says nothing is wrong, try pointing out that the Steelers really are doing the best they can with the on-field talent?

When I say that Rooney is the guy in charge and the Steelers drama, toxic environment, loss of talent, piss poor coaching, and general loss of luster have all methodically grown under his control, try pointing out that none of those things really happened?

It's kinda how a debate, discussion, argument, and especially a sports forum work!

Or just keep acting like a cheerleader, flail your pom-poms, scream for your boyfriend the QB to throw a home run and make sure to wear your panties, those skirts are short ya know.

11. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Now they got Landry Jones

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Steelers twitter feed has Conners first rushing TD. CelebratING with him is Juju, hunter, Outlaw, whole OL, Ben and strangely absent the congrats for him......AB

13. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    He’s an angry beta male.

14. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    What does this mean. Can someone translate. Im not understanding it. Maybe the second twit was in reply to something else and needs context?

15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    They are a composite. One from a little while ago, and one the day he was traded. I do't believe there is ever any context or decoder ring when it comes to him.

16. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Maybe because the second one is has 0 truth or basis in reality to it, Im not getting it. Is that the point?

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You don't like Rooney? Who knew?

18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ummmmmm…………….

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah. He just crapped that out...it wasn't a reply or in context other than just the news of his trade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2019/03/26/steelers-antonio-brown-shot-at-juju-smith-schuster/

It's really sad he's now taking shots at Ju Ju who made comments about Ben being a good leader.

"Do not listen to any NFL player who haven’t got paid yet! They will do and say anything to make sure they going to get paid even if it’s compromising integrity or anything ! sad but true"

Seriously this guy is becoming a leach that won't go away. He can't understand how someone can actually be a good person and not be as petty as he is.

I predict Ju Ju will get a nice contract from the Steelers and he will actually honor it being a good person throughout.

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    AB trying to question another player integrity :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  22. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I know it's a laughing joke. I loved his interview where he talks about "holding players accountable".

Oh BOY get the popcorn! This is going to be quite entertaining. They should make a Gruden exploding bobble head lol

:popcorn:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Don't even know the man.

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm going to take a stab at this because sometimes I am a glutton for punishment.

He did not go on TV and say that the Steelers didn't want AB. What he did say was that they are listening to offers, that he had reached out Brown but hadn't talked to him and when asked if he could see Brown still in Pittsburgh he said that it was a hard road to envision because of the scorched earth campaign Brown was running on multiple platforms. Even after the meeting in Florida it was AB that first said they agreed it was time to move on, I think Art was still trying to talk sense to him and get to the bottom of why Brown was acting this way and it was all about money in the end.

This is one of your favorite go to phrases, can you give some examples of the "toxic" locker room? How far back are we talking about and which players are wanting to get out? I agree that Tomlin's meritocracy approach has created problems which have had some negative results however lets not paint with a broad brush. Bell was basically MIA for a season and a half and when there was a pretty model player in the locker room. The media created more drama by asking Tomlin and the players about him constantly. The Brown situation with the facebook live, the off campus housing at TC and his missing at strange times and being late may have bothered some of the guys but they all said they took it in stride. The anthem protests he left up to the team to make a decision as a team. As far as guys wanting out Jesse James wanted the drama and a lot of that is created by the media as well to be gone but lets be real here, the Lions offered him starter money and the Steelers didn't that is why he left not a toxic locker room.

This part once again you are misquoting and it appears to back up your position. KC never said 1 man and 52 boys, the actual phrase was that it was Ben and 52 kids. If you look at Superbowl experience Ben is the only member of the team left with any, he has been to 3 of them and by comparison that does make the rest seem like kids. I'm going to be 45 in August and most of my cousins will be between that and 55 but when we get together for family reunions even though most of us have seen almost 5 decades we are still called the kids, no disrespect intended. anyone taking offense at being called a kid in terms of experience is just looking something to complain about. AR2 did the right thing and completely ignored this because it is a nothing statement and reacting to it serves no purpose.

They have blown some really solid opportunities there is no denying that, sometimes it is football related, sometimes it is coaching or front office. Not every move is going to work and sometimes the best talent in the world can be beat on any given Sunday. art Rooney believes in his proven formula, are there better ways? Sure there are but he believes in the process and when the time comes to move on from Tomlin and his staff I believe he will but you don't torpedo everything you have believed in because there are a few bumps in the road.

When you lump all those things together you make a solid point the problem being some are real and some are perceived by the fan base. The Drama and Toxic environment are less real and certainly have been dealt with so far. the loss of talent happens, we all knew there was no way if Ben, Brown and Bell kept performing that in the age of free agency and salary cap that there was any way to keep all three. We all thought ok lock up Brown, extend Ben and see what Bell wants. Bell wanted the moon and held out, Brown was rewarded but once he saw OBJ get more money, he turned in a greedy cancer. I can't really argue against the piss poor coaching, it is still the most baffling aspect of the Tomlin era that they can come up with a brilliant game plan versus a quality opponent and then crap the bed versus bottom feeders. I can't for the life of me explain why they wait until Friday to install plays versus the team they are playing. So yeah that is real but when you look at the record and results its hard to scrap your coaching staff based on these head scratchers. I don't think they have lost their luster it is more like the late 80's when they need a breath of fresh air and not a total tear down and rebuild but that is just me.

In conclusion why you have some valid points and it isn't something we haven't discussed before the rest is a house of cards built on shifting sand aimed at the people who hold the control to make changes and who aren't doing what you think they should. You could be very very right and it will tumble down this coming season or it might not be as bad as you are seeing it.

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    First let me say that it's nice to see someone willing to discuss/debate rather than have a child-like reaction as if someone called their daddy a bad name.

Rooney announced "it's hard envision Brown being on the 2019 team". He also stated that "it was time to move on".

Maybe it's the chicken and the egg issue, Brown and Bell and Bryant and James might all be bitches; or maybe they are all a product of a system? Ben has clearly stated that the team is undisciplined and unaccountable. The team plays with a lack of discipline. I tend to look to the common denominator.

I honestly don't see much difference in the semantics of how I said it vs "Ben and 52 kids". Any football player, at any level of his NFL career, is not going to like being categorized that way.

I lump it all together because it has been a slow building fire for a few years now, everyone acts like this is a one-off incident and it isn't. The Bryant issue, Brown becoming more and more of a spoiled brat left unchecked, Bell becoming more and more of a spoiled brat left unchecked, Ben announcing that the team is undisciplined and unaccountable in 2016, undisciplined play on the field costing the team numerous opportunities over several years, the team losing to teams they should beat far too often, your GM making a public statement that undoubtedly inflamed numerous players, Brown being allowed to come and go as he pleases sends a distinct message, Keith Butler not knowing who he is playing against the day before a critical game.

This is all happening under Rooney's watch and yet he acts genuinely surprised that someone would refer to the Steelers as a circus? I get that he can't come out and say "yeah, Tomlin is in for a real scolding" but for God sake .... do something! And before anyone says that he isn't being given time to do something I contend that he should have done something after each of the last three seasons and didn't because it has progressively gotten worse.