1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How much would you trade up for #10 in the draft.. Poll

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Mar 23, 2019.

1. 1st Round

2.4%
  2. 1st and 2nd round

14.3%
  3. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round (66ovr)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round (122ovr)

9.5%
  5. 1st, 2nd, both 3rds

2.4%
  6. 1st, 2nd, both 3rds, and 4 fourth.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I would not trade up to #10

71.4%
  1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Harrison blasted the snap right thru the back of the end zone. Steelers lost because of it.:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    And I believe that while Ben might be an idiot at times I believe he is all about winning and I believe he still has greatness left. As a matter of fact, if you read all of my posts you will see that I believe we have one of the top five or six offenses in the league still.

The problem as I see it, is just like the Browns are about to find out, it takes a lot more than on-field talent to win a Superbowl. We have a head coach who Fosters an undisciplined atmosphere that is permeating the entire organization. And we have an owner who has steadfastly endorsed that head coach over the number of years that he has created a toxic environment.

I have not read, or heard, a single thing that makes me believe that Tomlin is going to change anything about his philosophy or that Rooney is going to do anything about changing our head coach.

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Here is a trade from last year:

Oakland traded its first-round (No. 10) to Arizona for the Cardinals’ first- (No. 15), third- (No. 79), fifth-round (No. 152) picks.

That was only 5 spots.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't think Tomlin will change either because he believes in treating the players like men and follows what Tony Dungy taught him except in the area of running a small meritocracy within his team philosophy. He has a tendency to give players the benefit of the doubt based on what they do on the field. It really didn't backfire on him with Ben and for the better part of 6 or 7 years with AB is was working to keep his star receiver happy while undermining the discipline of the rest of the non star players. I think he might have reason to believe that he can't operate that way any longer. There isn't much you , me or joe the plumber can do about it at this point until the season gets under way.

As far as Art Rooney II goes he is doing what his family has always done, not micromanaging the franchise to death. You are right if he was a Jerry Jones, a Danial Synder or other wannabe player owner who lives vicariously through his connection to his team, he would have fired Tomlin years ago when this first started to create problems in the locker room and the Steelers would be in the same boat as all the teams that constantly changed every four years chasing the goal but always putting their team further behind. I'm not sure he hasn't served notice to his staff but I am sure if he has we won't find out about it until change is made. If there isn't improvement this year I don't see Tomlin getting an extension and the search for the four head coach in over 50 years will begin. No matter who that is I can say with confidence that it will be someone who believes in a punishing run game and a smothering defense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    This is my thinking as well stay at 20 and use your picks to move up in the 2nd it will cost a ton less.

6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    according to the draft trade value chart, that's about right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Well if Bush is there at 15, then the Steelers would have enough to move up and get him hypothetically.

I would pull the trigger seeing this teams need for a rangy ILB and it being reported the Ravens potentially would look to move up ahead of us to snab him if he was falling.

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Our first, third, and seventh to Washington is really close on the value board to go from 20 to 15.

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Or that.

I'm hoping GMs see that Bush is not a top 15 talent and watch him fall. I do think he's a good mid to late round 1st pick and perfect for the Steelers.

If contention with division rivals, move up IMO if one of the two scenarios mentioned.

Antonio Brown for a solid ILB starter with potential for more. I will take it.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    If you think he will be a good mid to late first round pick and is perfect for the Steelers then why isn't he a top 15 pick?

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Did you by chance read what you just typed?

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I did what's the problem? Did you see what I quoted?

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I did see what you quoted. I understood it. Therefore your response seemed illogical. IMHO

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That's fine I didn't think I was talking to you but I went back and read what MCam wrote and I misread what he was saying. He said he hoped GM's didn't think of Bush as a top 15 talent I thought Mcam said he didn't think he was a top 15 talent. @mcam my bad for misreading your post.

Nice to know I have someone watching everything I post thanks Jeh :smiley1:

15. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    We aren't one player away, we are a lot of players away so I voted not to move up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

Yeah actually as this thread has evolved, I've done more research into Bush. (check my Bush thread for more in the draft room for more info) Initially, I would have moved up to 10 giving up a whole lot in this draft to do so. IMO a top 15 talent should be a perennial Pro-bowler in the NFL.

After checking Bush out a little more, I see him as a serviceable starter for the Steelers immediately with plenty of things to work on. So his draft grade for me went from #10 to 1st round 15 to 32 (hence mid grade)

So i believe now both Bush to be a 1st rd 15-32 ovr grade and also hope NFL GMs see the same and let him fall to where we could get him.

I'd trade up to 15 but not #10 anymore. The only reason I'd trade up at all would be to prevent other teams from doing so. I've heard the Ravens are targeting him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I think you are coming around to my way of thinking....lol. I just don't see this guy as a star and I don't want him at 10-15-20. I feel a lot like you a top 15 has to be special and sitting here at 20 isn't far off that. I also feel there are special players in this draft as well. The one thing to keep an eye on is with the news of Gronk retiring the Pats may be looking to move up now even more for one of the Iowa TE's and it might be with a team who's need is ILB.

18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Here’s a glance at how the Patriots’ board is shaping up before the final draft order is unveiled.

New England’s Projected 2019 Draft Picks

• First round: No. 32 overall – original
    • Second round: No. 56 overall – via Chicago
    • Second round: No. 64 overall – original
    • Third round: No. 73 overall – via Detroit
    • Third round: Nate Solder compensatory
    • Third round: Malcolm Butler compensatory
    • Fourth round: original
    • Fifth round: Danny Amendola compensatory
    • Seventh round: via Philadelphia
    • Seventh round: via Cleveland
    • Seventh round: original
    • Seventh round: Cameron Fleming compensatory
    Why not us:shrug:....NEs 1st and how many of their 2nds and 3rds to move up to 20? I feel they will be going more all out than usual not only to get 7 but to get the Kraft stench to subside. Why not us?:shrug:;). We can fill a lot of holes for now and the future......

19. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    There is no way we trade that far up the draft. I could see moving a few spots if a guy we really want is still there as our pick nears but I simply do not see this team giving up what it would take to get to 10.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I am here to serve.

21. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It's hard to see Kraft's bottom line showing no where but up :roflmao: