1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Will Never Win Another Super Bowl.......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Junebug, Mar 21, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    His contract runs through 2020, he won't get fired before then.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It would take a total implosion this year.

3. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Good points. The defense got progressively better as the season went on last year. I'm not sure exactly why the pass defense especially was horrid besides we all know the meltdown of Artie Burns. Some of the blame goes to the players and some to the coaches.

I'm optimistic in the free agent pickups. I think they're all upgrades over what we have currently in Burns, Burnett. Obviously a veteran free agent WR was needed, and think we have one with some upside.

I think the Steelers are going to make moves to trade up and get most likely Devin Bush. This team led the league in sacks last year. I think they can do so again.

If the Steelers defense bombs this year, time for changes in the coaching department. I still think they can get it together and have some talent, but we'll see. We do need Ben to have a great year and stay healthy. He is the X factor whether people want to admit it or not IMO.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    0-16 tomlin 5 year extension

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Homer, unrealistic, rose-colored glasses...all these descriptors just for being positive and wanting to believe in something. Let me give it a try, we suck, 0-16, no one likes Ben (not even his mother), MT is the worst coach, Rooneys have no idea how to manage a team, we only select busts in the first round, and we will never win another Superbowl...ever! Oh yeah, forgot to quantify all that with, "But I really do love the Steelers, I'm just being realistic!" Nope, I don't feel better about the team or myself, so I guess I'll go back to remaining hopeful and wear those labels with pride!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He might. The new Madden will be out soon enough.:cool:

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We’re fans of the team. We’re supposed to support the team and be hopeful and optimistic.
    Somewhere along the line some really miserable people have decided that the norm is supposed to be overly critical of the team.
    Still don’t understand why someone joins a Steelers fans message board only to complain nonstop about the team they’re supposed to be a fan of?

I wouldn’t join a Steelers hater club and talk good about the Steelers nonstop.
    If you’re a fan of the team act like it already.

To each their own I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    th.jpg

This is a place to VENT. If you don't approve then please go find a message board where all posters are like you with horse blinders on. Go ahead, i'll wait...

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    To each his own is the proper way to look at it . The only problem is that some posters on both sides of the fence ,actually have a hard time grasping and practicing the concept

10. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018

Take some time and go read the posts on just about every other team that has a forum like this one. And that is pretty much every team in the NFL. You'll find they ALL are FULL of people COMPLAINING about "THEIR" team......they sound just like us.......it's just what it is.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    What a copout. So criticism = misery? :facepalm:

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    In some cases, yes!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    What's fun about these boards is that with your 7-9 prediction I can spout a 10-6 playoff run position and review later to find out who was wrong all along.

Is the debbie downer perspective even accurate? It's like having an optimistic outlook regarding the 2019 Steelers is a charity event.

We will find out eventually...

To see who the king is of this :bscow: show truly is :cool:

14. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Conner was already putting up numbers similar to Bell before he got hurt. Still have the best o-line in football. Juju is a star. I feel like Washington will have a break out year. They will still be a top 10 offense. Can the defense play? We shall see. But just as its dumb to crown a super bowl winner in March, its dumb to say a team will never win one again with a player who still on the roster.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The sad thing is... I hope you're right and I'm wrong. But yet I'm considered to be a miserable person because I criticize my favorite team on the basis of facts, truth and given history. I hope the Steelers can win the Super Bowl every year.... but I believe the Steelers at their current state are not the best they can be... due to sub-par talent at certain positions and coaching deficiencies. All of which have been prevalent for many seasons.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I can select 5 games a week and hit 70 percent dude. It's not like he is picking all tough ones. Pretty sure it's safe to say the Patriots will beat the jets man. Dont defend that idiot to me. Sell stupid some place else

• Like Like x 2
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    How quick people forget that Foles sucked as a starter.

He's a back up QB in this league.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

Against the spread <edit>........... <edit>

Mod edit: Thats a sure way to lose posting privileges. Keep that stuff to yourself.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 2
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    ....and a SB winning QB. He played very well to get them there and he played very well in the SB. You have to give him credit for that.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    [QUOTE="tyler christopher, post: 670451, member: 1976"Mod edit: We'll chalk the outburst up to frustration. I don't catch every post like this. But please refrain from this in the future. [/QUOTE]
    Going going.....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2019
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He seems to thrive in the back up roll. Less pressure?

I don't expect his second stint as a starter to go any better than the first time.

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If he doesn't quit throwing to the other team he won't.
    Steelers MUST get back to a better run/pass ratio for the Steelers to
    accomplish TEAM goals not build Ben R. stats.

• Winner Winner x 2
  24. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

And this bothered you?

25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    We're gonna find out I guess. The think is with the way JAX. is built he doesn't have to be great. He just has to be better than the **** show Bortles was. They have a great D that can benefit from not having a QB that goes three and out most of the game. Last year was a down year for them and I think the ineptitude of their O finally dragged the whole team down. I expect a bounce back year for them.....jmo.