1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How much would you trade up for #10 in the draft.. Poll

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Mar 23, 2019.

1. 1st Round

2.4%
  2. 1st and 2nd round

14.3%
  3. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round (66ovr)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round (122ovr)

9.5%
  5. 1st, 2nd, both 3rds

2.4%
  6. 1st, 2nd, both 3rds, and 4 fourth.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I would not trade up to #10

71.4%
  1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Pretty much it's an overall consensus that this is where Devin White and Devin Bush go. White is a favorite to go to the Broncos with Bush shortly after not expected to make it past the Bengals with the release of Burfict.

Here are our draft picks

• First Round - 20th pick overall
    • Second Round - 52nd pick overall
    • Third Round - 66th pick overall - from Oakland Raiders (Antonio Brown trade)
    • Third Round - 83rd pick overall
    • Fourth Round - 122nd pick overall
    • Fifth Round - 141st pick overall - from Oakland Raiders (Antonio Brown trade)
    • Sixth Round - 175th pick overall - from Oakland Raiders (Ryan Switzer trade)
    • Sixth Round - 192nd pick overall
    • Sixth Round - 207th pick overall - from Arizona Cardinals (Marcus Gilbert trade)
    • Seventh Round - 219th pick overall - from Tampa Bay (J.J. Wilcox trade)
    How much do you trade to move up to #10 and why?

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I could see giving up a mid round pick to move up a couple spots in the first if needed, but I wouldn’t sacrifice my higher picks to move up to 10.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would give up a 1st and 3rd, and a 5th or 6th. I'm not giving up a 2nd, this team has holes to fill.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not trading up, tons of good players at 20 if White and Bush aren't there and still good ILB's in the 2nd and 3rd round. Where I want to see us use our picks to move is is in rounds 2 and 3. This draft is very deep in rounds 2-4. jmo

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Probably a 1st, 3rd, and 5th is what Colbert would be willing to trade to move up, and I'd definitely be good with that. I have a feeling both the Devins are gone at 15.

The Steelers, Ravens, and now Bengals all have a need at ILB. Most now have the Bengals picking up Devin Bush with the release of Burfict.

I'm definitely pro moving up if it means we can nab Devin Bush.

Seeing Devin White is seen as a top 5 pick in some drafts, he'll be long gone. Checking out the draft combine, White moves like a safety. Very fluid in his movements. He's going to be really good i think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    FYI here is the draft picks for them teams:

Rats:
    » Round 1: No. 22 overall
    » Round 3: Nos. 85, 102
    » Round 4: Nos. 113 (from Broncos), 123
    » Round 5: No. 160
    » Round 6: Nos. 191 (from Titans), 193

Bungals:

» Round 1: No. 11 overall
    » Round 2: No. 42
    » Round 3: No. 72
    » Round 4: No. 110
    » Round 5: No. 149
    » Round 6: Nos. 183, 198 (from Cowboys), 210, 211, 213
    » Round 7: No. 223

7. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Be funny if we move up to 10 then the Bengals move up to 9.. Pretty much be the story of the Steelers lately right there

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    They'd have to pull a quick one at the last minute.

Don't let anyone see your cards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Thanks yeah the Ravens aren't in a great position to move up, but they have a glaring hole at ILB. It has been rumored, that if Bush fell they'd look to move ahead of the STeelers to grab Bush. Would be a good strategy for them if I were in their shoes. Not only would they strengthen their position, but weaken on of their primary division rivals.

As for Cincy, they are definitely looking at ILB in the draft https://247sports.com/nfl/cincinnat...-Bengals-visiting-with-Devin-White-130349364/

They appear hopeful that Devin White would be available. Did not find anything regarding Devin Bush for them, which doesn't necessarily mean much.

Some board mock drafts have Devin White going at #5 to the Buccaneers while others have him going #10 to the Denver Broncos.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think White and Bush are being overrated and overhyped. I like both guys at pick #20, but I wouldn't give up any significant draft capital to move up for either one. Also, the restructuring of Williams' contract and signing of Barron tell me that the team is likely looking elsewhere in the 1st round.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I am a bit surprised that all voters except me as of now are not in support of moving up from #20 to snab Devin Bush.

I see the Barron signing as more of a security measure not one in an effort to replace both Foote and Burnett in the Steelers "Dime" package.

IMO they are in desperate need of a rangy ILB.

Barron might replace Burnett, but who replaces Foote?

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    The price is too steep in draft capitol for a team with many holes to fill, pick 20 will have a ton of options. TE is the only position they haven't filled through FA, where they've lost a player. (I would consider losing Fort and gaining Barron a wash)

13. SteelAU

SteelAU Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    I don't see how some of you think we can get a 'good' ILB in the later rounds that are going to be a starter and fill that void needed. There are only 2 legit, as possible starters, and they are both Devin.

We went through this last year, and HOPED to get R. Smith from GA to fill Shazier's spot, and by sitting on our hands, someone jumped us to get him.
    Now move to this year, and it is a fairly accurate assessment that both Devin's will not be around by our pick 20, and most are sure the last ILB taken will be at #11(Bengals).

I want White more than Bush, but if we allow both to be gone, and we wait to 2nd-3rd rounds to get an potential ILB, we will go into the season again w/o a strong defense at that position.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t like reaching for need, and in my view giving up a 2 or 3 to move up in this very deep defensive draft is a reach for need. I think Barron replaces Fort, and the 3rd safety is drafted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I totally disagree with these posts, first off what you are forgetting is Barron is brought in to fill that ILB/S role that we use to have with Shazier and tried to replace with Burnett. We are not going to have VW, Bush, Barron, Edmunds, Davis, Haden, Nelson and Hilton on the field at the same time. Barron and Bush are going to be playing the same position in the "dollar" defense and no way VW is coming off the field since we invested so much into him, maybe I am wrong on this.

Have you two watched any of Bush's game films? I watched 2 Ohio St and ND and I don't see all the fuss over him....wow he can run big deal I watched the ND QB run aways from him several times......Lamar Jackson says high! There are plenty of ILB's that off the same thing in the 2nd and 3rd, Edwards, Pratt and Coney are just a few.

Also we still have Bostic to replace Fort or Foote :smiley1: when we do go back to the standard 3-4 or 4-3. We would have Barron, VW, Bostic and a rookie to share the 2 spots in our base D.

16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Ok fair enough. The problem is it's yet to be seen if a safety can actually fill the dime linebacker position. Burnett got torched at it last year. The other two they put in were Marcus Allen and Mike Hilton. Both were exploited by running right at them.

So still a bit concerned there. I guess Terrell Edmunds could step up, but that's yet to be seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Vince Williams came off of the field last year on 3rd down. The "dime" package utilized Foote and mostly Burnett as the linebackers. Wish they just called it Nickel which is what it was with a safety playing linebacker.

The other two that filled in for Burnett was Marcus Allen and Mike Hilton, who both were unspectacular.

The issue isn't the base 3-4 defense, which was operated out of 30% of the time.

The issue was the nickel/dime defenses, which were run 66% of the time combined. https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/steelers-2018-final-defensive-charting/

Bostic also was a huge liability in the pass.

If they could find a 3-LB, it would provide flexibility with defensive packages.

Bush had some not so great games, but then shows flashes of being a fine prospect.

He might be a reach at 10 ovr, but IMO not much of one and could provide a huge upgrade to what is currently been exploited at ILB.

18. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Um, since the first option on the poll is trade our first round only, I vote that. Trading #20 for #10 seems like a good deal

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Kevin Colbert has already been on record in stating that he is not willing to trade the future for one player. Why he would enact a complete 180 on this would be something I have not the foggiest. Should neither Devin be available by then, so be it.

Plenty of options at pick 20. The 25th, 28th and 29th are all key dates; Iowa, Florida State and Ole Miss in that order. I expect some of the Steelers top brass to be there. For that matter, I am hoping Pittsburgh brings the house to Florida State's Pro Day.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Foote? Did he come out of retirement?

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    It is hard to really say when we don't know what they are trying to do. Everything I read say Tomlin like this Dollar defense and that was why we drafted Edmunds. In this defense Watt and Dud would be the DE's with Barron being the ILB/S and right now Davis and Edmunds being the other 2 safeties, Haden, Nelson and Hilton are the CB's. At least that is the way I am seeing it right now who knows how it will play out.

I agree with the 3 down LB and imo they are there, Edwards, Pratt, Coney, Smith are all good. My problem with Bush is he has these not so good games vs teams with NFL caliber players but his "good" games come vs lesser quality.....red flag for me and certainly not worth trading up. jmo

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Looking at one of those draft pick value sites, it looks like our 4th, 5th, 3 6ths, and 7th equate to a mid round 3rd. I would take that trade but doubt anyone would give it. Then we would have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Add Steeler players and I like your idea. I think we could save one of those choices.

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What about trading out of the 1st round if the Devin's are gone and picking up more picks.

• Like Like x 1
  25. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

Wooooooooooooooppppss.. No I mean fart.

No FORT ;)