1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Roster Bonus and Extension

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Mar 17, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Again I did say we needed playmakers back there......:shrug:

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Please Steelers be very careful.

4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    And if somehow Butler and Tomlin can have the boys ready to play every week I think our talent on D can be solid and easily carried by the O. We will know right away if we see the D all running around pointing and barking at each other when the ball is snapped.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    2 years ago when Mike Mitchell was calling the onfield logistics there was a lot of this. I don’t remember as much last year. Maybe I just missed it. But having a decent field general will fix this more than MT or Butler?

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I saw a lot of it early this year and then it calmed down. Another reason why Shazier was such a loss!

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Burnett was brought in last year to be that communicator. He was out the first six games. We inserted a rookie. That could be part of the early problem? Burnett will be gone. A lot will depend on if Edmunds can handle these duties in only his second year. Or is this going to be passed on to someone who may not even be on the roster, and we are starting from scratch.

I think we got off topic here from the OP. This could be a stand alone post?

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    That's the problem with this defense, they rely on the O to carry them. They need to want the O to rely on them. Big Ben has a tendency to implode for awhile just about every game I've seen him play lately.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes for as much blame as the D gets the O hasn't been as prolific and consistent as they should be with all that talent. If the O was more consistent it would make the job of the D much easier. How many times have we seen the D play well only to fall apart at the end of games because they spend more time on the field than they should. We hardly ever put together a solid game on both O and D....

The O shoukd be setting the tone in games and we see them floundering around way more than they should ,especially early in games. To me that's a lack of proper gameplanning and preparation. Which leads to sub par performances.