1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Will Never Win Another Super Bowl.......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Junebug, Mar 21, 2019.

1. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Make no mistake, Tomlin's job is on the line this season. We all know the winning percentage of Mike Tomlin but there has been a lot of talk in the media about the team being mismanaged by the coach even though they were winning. It is coming full circle and the fact Tomlin still hasn't been given an extension speaks volumes and he knows it. Should the Steelers miss the playoffs this will be Tomlin's last season, he will be let go on black Monday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Doesn't mean he is right either.

3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    IS making the playoffs all that is expected and good enough to give Tomlin another extension? I'll leave that one up to the Rooneys.

4. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I see this team struggling to get in, and then having a "one and done" playoff game, if we even make it that far. I know you all are trying, and wanting to be positive, but as we stand right now, we're just an "average" team. After thinking about it for a day or so, I'm tending to agree with Cowherd. I see Ben lasting another two years at best, and I don't see him leading us to a Superbowl....... let alone winning one....... either. Hope I'm wrong, but right now, I just don't see it happening. What I do see....is a MAJOR shakeup after Ben is gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm sticking with my 7-9 prediction. Offense will have it's moments, but defense will be status quo with struggles.

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I believe we have the on-field talent to win another one but as the Browns are about to find out, it takes a lot more than on-field talent.

If our ownership/management hasn't had some serious come to Jesus meetings it will be more of the same BS.

If Tomlin can't change his personality and become a leader and run a tight ship, it might get even worse.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Ben won his last superbowl in the 08 season, played feb 1, 09, so based on his 10 year absence from winning one even when he had better teams to play with than this present one, I think it's safe to say he wont win another one...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The draft hasn't happened yet, and you're already making your lame predictions :shrug:.

9. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers will not get a player at #20 that will be ready to go, day one, of the '19 season... unless it's a Guard or a TE. Steelers need a CB, ILB, OLB and Safety that is ready to go day one. This will not happen with the draft. 9 times out of 10... 2nd-7th round picks are either busts or take years to develop.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah well they have 10 picks, they could move up to get a impact player. They could also get a impact player at #20, Bush, Butler, Hockenson :shrug:. They don't need a OLB or CB that is ready to go from day one, they have their starters at those positions, they need depth at those positions.

11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Fans dont want to hear that, havent you read on this board they are going to the superbowl this year...;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

Yea he only hit for 70 percent of his nfl picks last year picking 5 games a week.... Nobody comes close to that.... I guess he is a total fking idiot..... And his best bets are close to 80 percent.... He has no idea what he is talking about.........

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So it’s not a guarantee?

• Like Like x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    With the #20th selection in the NFL draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select Jarvis Alvin Archer!

"Known for his quick instincts on and off the field with hybrid capability of punting and FB, he is a sure fit for this Steelers team desperately needing that explosive player on defense".

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  15. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016

That is just picking games.... Colin is pretty good at that but saying the 35/1 to win sbl steelers are not gonna win is not exactly going out on limb.... Ben has 3 maybe 4 years left. There is a lot of hoping.. Those are pretty good odds.... Steelers just need to get in and you never know..... chiefs will most likely be missing tyreek hill to a long suspension and there defense is horrendous and lost there 2 best defensive players. So besides the chiefs and Pats who is really that much better than them?? If they could draft a inside linebacker that could step right in they are really not that far off........

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Jaguars will whoop the Steelers with Foles at QB. Chargers are better than the Steelers at present. Colts have a better roster, too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The fact Mustard concurs, furthers that hope. ;)

And I didn't say Mustard's an idiot, he just appears to be caught in a perpetual state of melancholy (which is quite infectious in these parts). This MB didn't exist for last SB win, so don't know if the outlook was any better back then. I like to keep an open positive attitude about my team, otherwise why even watch or follow them. Morbid curiosity???? :shrug:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  18. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    People are in panic mode with the loss of Brown and Bell.

The reality is, this team has done consistently well with the loss of previous talent. They will continue to do so.

The Steelers will be just fine.

And just like all the "pay the man" Bell supporters, they will vanish from site when they see the Steelers not doing as bad as they're proclaiming. We will see.

I'm calling playoffs next year.

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I have total faith in JuJu and Conner. The offense will be productive. The defense is the elephant in the room that all of the rose-colored glasses wearers seem to be overlooking. Steelers did what they always did... get journeyman free agents, plug them in and hope they somehow improve the areas where the Steelers have had the same deficiencies for years. It's not working. And there's a really good chance it's not going to work again since many of the coaches were retained and the talent is still average to below-average in several areas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    It's not melancholy, it's being realistic and knowing the Steelers limitations. This team is nowhere near dominant in it's current state... due to lack of talent in certain positions and coaching deficiencies. Now the AFC Championship vs. Chargers in January of 95... that was me being sad, melancholy... whatever you want to call it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Are you nuts??!! I give him TWO at the most. Tom Brady, he ain't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Took a colossal melt down for you to hit your prediction last season. Don't get all full of yourself.

You're no more realistic than people saying they will play well next season. It's like you need to tell yourself you're being realistic all the time so you can believe your own :bscow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I begrudgingly agreed to this. I hung on to the winning record theory right up to the end of the New England game last year. That was such a cluster I realized we weren’t paying attention to the details.

Games are won or lost on a few plays and s few details.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Don’t read anything into the lack of a contract extension at the moment. It does not speak to anything, yet. Mr Rooney said that he will address this in time. The last two extensions came in July and August.

25. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    Calm down with jags and yes chargers do have more talent but the steelers had probably most talented team for years and how far did that get them? And get out of here with the colts...... Wouldnt be surprised if Luck got hurt again... He is due