1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bells a Jet

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 13, 2019.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not concerned about the board at all. It's when people like you take it to a personal insane level. I'm invested at all. It's a sport. The players,coaches,owners and networks get paid a hefty salary. When ever have you received an investment check from the steeler's organization?! You need therapy. But, you are right about one thing ... why would I waste my time ... going back and forth with an irrational person. So, I apologize for ruining your hate session.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I have 2 cousins who are/were English teachers. I'll let them know that they're not "anyone special". Their sister is a mathematics teacher, Is she not special either, or is it just English teachers?

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    This thread has gone completely off the rails. As fun as all the popcorn is, it's getting out of hand.

Stick to the topic of discussion. Debate the argument. Keep the personal stuff out of it. Pro tip: when you attack the person, not the argument, you've already conceded defeat.

Back on track, or I see no reason not to lock this thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No! I stated the end game. We want it alive longer than Bells career in New York. You'll ruin it!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I agree with him on this one. It doesn't take anyone special to reach. Hell, I reach for my beer all of the time. In fact, Im going to reach into the fridge for a couple in an hour of so.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Despite your ridiculous claim, you seem very concerned. If you don't care at all what happens to the team, you're on the wrong board. I hope you get the help you need to work out your attachment issues to some of these players.

That was annoying for you. I won't ask because you seem to lack the integrity to be honest. Just making up motivations for people, characterizing them as irrational because you don't like what they are saying, is a poor and dishonest rhetorical approach. Do better.

Your characterization of my posts is ludicrous. It's a discussion board. I discuss. Bell is still relevant in part because he's still taking shots at his old team to try to excuse his own mistakes. You clearly don't understand the difference between hate and disdain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    [
    Don’t be hatin

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I suddenly felt inspired to visit my fridge :drinks:

I’m glad you got that in before this series is locked.

9. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I'll bet that the Jets are happy to hear this.......:rolleyes:

He doesn't want to focus 100% on football.

Think they have buyers remorse yet?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    ^^^^^^^
    Anyone else notice that Bells eyes are bloodshot? :eek:

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I did.

Chances are he will likely be suspended sometime before either Jets Training Camp or the Pre-Season.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Some of the Youtube comments are even more intriguing than the statements made by Le'Veon Bell. Then again, said statements do not surprise me. Here is what does.

Contrary to popular belief, the contract is (rather should be), at its core, a confirmation letter to the organization. It is not a "Pink Slip" to enact or indulge in any behavior one desires. A contract is essentially a "pact" of sorts to the organization that has offered their services to the player in exchange for their abilities; we have given you compensation and now it is required that your end of the deal must be met.

While I do understand the notiom that the average NFL Player's career is three years, holding out to maximize that players overall financial margin can be high risk, high reward depending on whom the player is. For example, Aaron Donald. He is worth every penny.

Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown on the other hand?!?!

[​IMG]

13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The puppy dog stare is an epic way to end this thread lmao.

Or I could the following vid where Le'veon talks about his departure from the Burgh

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2019/03/19/leveon-bell-interview-new-york-jets-pittsburgh-steelers

I personally don't care if people have their feelings hurt when Ben treats this game as business.

It's not like Le'veon or Antonio show much of someone you want to be hanging around.

I admire Ben for keeping to himself. I also think both what Bell just did with this vid and what Brown has done is MOSTLY to SAVE FACE.

But yeah I'm sure their ego was slighted also.

14. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  16. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Pretty interesting point of view from a former #MeMeMe player and media type.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Interesting around 18:00 when he starts talking about his two contract offers. He said the first one was all about money, but the second was about security.

That really explains a lot. Can you imagine trying to work out a deal with someone like that? How can you offer him something to satisfy him when he really doesn't even know what he wants?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    LevBell dissin Ben now, wow... who’s next? Stand up and be counted!

LevBell complaining he wasn’t focus of gameplan... what is he smoking? How many touches has he gotten per year? Give me a break.

Hey...we’ll see... as the Macho Man says....the cream rises to the top!

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    How hilarious is it going to be if he has to give back some of that 25 million for failing a drug test or even more if it void the contract before he is even in camp.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m still holding out hope that ISIS somehow gets ahold of Bell and tortures this scumbag.

22. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I just finished the last few minutes of the interview.
    Very insightful. The whole thing.

I really came away with the impression that he's really a wishy-washy person. I don't think he's a very confident guy and not very sure of himself. His mind seems to wonder as thoughts pop in and out of his head. Definitely has a hard time expressing himself. When asked if he told anyone if he was going to sign the contract (franchise tag) and report, he couldn't definitively answer the question. He said that he didn't tell the Steelers, but did tell his agent that. And his mom. Maybe. And maybe a friend too.

He keeps saying that things are different in New York than in Pittsburgh and he's realized that the way things are in New York are the way that they are supposed to be. But he never says specifically what those things are. About as close as he comes is the example of when he's a rookie and he wanted to run a certain play and Tomlin told him to just run the ball, and he contrasts that with sitting down with Adam Gase and discussing what he likes and what he wants to do in NY. He says that he's treated as an equal in NY unlike Pittsburgh, but he does concede that as the years went on he WAS getting treated more like an equal. Confusing.

Taking what he's saying as truth, I think what escapes him is that this in natural not only in the NFL but in every single job in America. Of course the new guy, the green guy, isn't going to have the say or the input of a much older more seasoned person. As you get older and mature and prove your value, you naturally should have more input. And he admits to that happening.

This was a totally bizarre and confusing interview. As I said above, imagine trying to negotiate with a guy like that who is literally all over the place and isn't sure of what he wants. It had to be a nightmare.

23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Meh, that's a bit extreme. I don't want to see anyone die. Watching the interview, I think he's been humbled though. .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I couldn't watch the whole video, it makes me dumber every second I watched.

Of course being a successful free agent player..... any team is going to greet you differently than if you are a young punk college draft pick that needs to prove themselves.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah maybe a bit extreme. How about the guy from the Joe Dirt movie gets ahold of him for a while?