1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Will Never Win Another Super Bowl.......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Junebug, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    ........according to Colin Cowherd, on his show today.

2. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Cowherd is known for his pro-steelers outlook so i for one am very concerned by this..........

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Sadly, Cowherd is right as long as popcorn is still the HC.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Oh well. Life goes on

• Like Like x 1
  5. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The fact he said that, gives me hope. He is an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Guess I stop watching for a few years. Nice talking to you guys, but it’s preordained that we’re out of contention! Bummer

Cowherd has been Pro-Steelers, and we haven’t won it all. Probably better that he be anti-Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I was gonna start a new thread but I figured I'd just piggy back off this one.. Now that all the past drama has been removed....I suppose . All the players and coaches should be moving on in preparation of next season. We've managed to pick up a few FAs that should help and should be able to solidify some other weaknesses in the draft.
    Everyone including players and coaches I would presume are going to come into this next season with a chip on their shoulders. Ben will be in great shape. He will be saying all the right things. Tomlin I expect will be attempting to put his best foot forward as well.

The question is with everyone seemingly against us and the team using that fact as extra motivation. What if this team manages to underachieve again? Possibly missing the playoffs altogether or having a early and underwhelming exit. I know there are many that feel Tomlin should be gone yesterday but there are some that feel his non losing record affords him more time. If we fail to meet expectations yet again what should the ramifications be? Shoukd Ben and Tomlin be joined at the hip regarding their futures? Can you see the current group of players being able to thrive under a new coaching regime? Remember when Tomlin came in he had coordinators in place to lean on. A new coach would be bringing in a entirety new staff most likely. Especially considering I feel we don't have upper echelon coordinators. Especially the DC....

There are many questions and thoughts that can go into this . Feel free to add your own....

IMO.... Ben and Tomlin should be trying to finish what they started and should they fail to put together a very solid season with all the extra motivation that has been afforded them. I think it's time to go in a different direction with both. I just feel if they are ever gonna answer the bell. This would be the season to do it. If not ,I think this union has run it's course .....JMO.

The smart move for the organization would be ,not to extend either. Have Tomlin coaching for his coaching life for this year and next( unless we miss the playoffs) and Ben playing on the franchise tag after this season. I'm sure that thought will go over like a fart in church around here but it's the smart thing to do. Unless Ben is signing a home team discount,which doesn't seem very likely considering how long his contract, that they knew was coming ,is taking to get done....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    It’s very unlikely that the Steelers will win another SB with Ben but things often don’t work out as expected. Past Steelers teams have been galvanised by the underdog tag.

If the FA signings work out, Boswell sorts his s**t out and they find an impact player in the draft there is absolutely no reason the Steelers cannot make a run in 2019. There are not many rosters clearly better than the Steelers even post AB

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    You know how much fun it's going to be WHEN the Steelers win the SB this year?
    I'm salivating over the salt and tears already.

• Like x 9
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic x 1
  10. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Plus, Cowturd is WRONG much more than he's right!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    we have a better team this year then last so we will at least make the playoffs. superbowl? I think it's in the cards but when is the question

12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Doesn't mean he's wrong though

13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Depends how fast defense can get back on track.... its their defense drafting past few years makes me skeptical.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, I think this is shaping up for that very thing to happen.

Bens going to be on a mission, he'd love nothing more to win a SB after those two good for nothing bums left town.

No more drama to distract them.

Haden and Nelson will improve the secondary.

Barron will do the job that Burnett couldn't stay on the field to do.

Things we need a little luck on, finding an impact ILB in the draft, Tomlin/Butler having a good year and Washington to arrive.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I like Colin and the HERD. He's fair compared to the rest and I often agree with him.
    On this one, I don't.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I say, "I guess there is only one thing left to do. Win the whole f**king thing!" And that overrides anything Cowherd says. Your welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  18. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
  19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    This. Unless we have a leader (somebody, anybody) step up & make the defense mean & hungry.

20. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course not but the statement itself is ignorant. It's no different than my opinion. Which is he will

21. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015

This team has very few players signed beyond 2020 and [almost] no one signed beyond 2021. It sure looks to me like we're working with a two year window, which coincides with Tomlin's contract and, what might be fairly considered as, the end of a useful Ben. I think no matter what happens this year, we'll wind it all back up and try again in 2020. After that, and with a potential 2021 work stoppage, it's a pretty vast unknown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Only time will tell. Will Tomlin feel the pressure? Or will it all be popcorn when they fail to make the playoffs. Again.

I personally don't like the defensive coaching. This has been a major problem. Why was Butler retained? Tomlin gets involved and it's a no better result.Their needs to be improvement, please make a stop when needed. This has been a thing of the past. I'm not that optimistic.

Cowherd is NOT pro Steelers. He ranted on and on being from the Seattle area when we beat the seahags. He is anti Steelers.

Hopefully with the two drama queens gone this team can settle down and just play sound football. But let us not forget who turned the other cheek when this was happening. That's right, the head coach. Big year for Tomlin. And Ben.

• Like Like x 1
  23. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    So Cowherd is an idiot for saying the same thing that half this board has been saying since New Years Eve?

I guess that makes half this board idiots too. Hmmm, could that really be?

24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I believe the Steelers are headed for bad times but one never knows. Would be funny if after all the year of being predicted to win it they turn around and win it when predicted to suck.

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    If Tomlin doesn't feel pressure, direct and indirect, we are in deep ****!

I just want to see the D ready to play, I am sick of watching five guys barking and pointing at each other, running around like chickens with their heads cut off, at the moment the ball is snapped!

I'm afraid of what might happen if Tomlin is given strict orders to end the drama, it's just not in his style to run a disciplined team.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019