1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Prospect visit tracker

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Mar 2, 2019.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Steelers Depot said they went to dinner with Winovich from Michigan ... wow that guy has a motor, and is a good tackler.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

Duel Michigan players?:cool:

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Karl Dunbar was with MT and KC in Clemson. Christian Wilkins?? That'd be sweet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Wilkins is going to be a special player. Skill, production, character and intelligence.

I'd be surprised if he drops to #20. Seems like more of a 4-3 guy although he could play 3-4 DE I'm sure but with Heyward and Tuitt, seems like an unlikely selection.

Unless we are looking at moving to a 4-3.

Dexter Lawrence as a 3-4 NT could be an option too. Ferrell as a potential 3-4 OLB too although he really strikes me more as a 4-3 DE.

Lots of players we could be looking for at Clemson including Laman and Mullen.

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would think they'd use him with a rotation with Hargrave. He's an inch taller and 10 or so pounds heavier. Both are disruptive from the inside. Those two fresh all game would be warm butter on a stack of pancakes.. But I believe he could fill in at DE when needed as well. It seems LT Walton has fallen out of favor, but they re-signed Alualu. They may look for a more traditional DE in the mid to late rounds.

Unfortunately they gave that p.o.s mccullers a two year deal, but I don't imagine it would be for much. They could keep him or cut him after camp??

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Teryl Austin was spotted at Michigan State's Pro Day today. Justin Layne and Khari Willis were the two defensive backs that participated today.

If this is any indication, should the board not break well in Round Two and if Layne is still there somehow, don't be surprised if we nab him. He is still learning but is an ascending player. Best football ahead of him at only 21 years of age. That being said though, as I said, somehow. He is likely a top 50 selection. Would have to trade up to acquire him.

9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    March 18th

Temple – Unknown Personnel Member

Notable Prospects – CB Rock Ya-Sin, RB Ryquell Anderson

Michigan State – Area Scout Dan Colbert, Multiple Other Unknown Personnel Members

Notable Prospects – RB LJ Scott, CB Justin Layne, TE Matt Sokol

PSAC Regional Pro Day – Area Scout Mark Gorscak

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Corner seems to be solidly in play for the 2nd round. With the draft capital we’ve acquired, a trade up in either the 1st or 2nd is starting to seem more likely than not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I had no idea what the PSAC pro day was, not living in the area so here's an article for anyone else...

https://triblive.com/sports/small-schools-nfl-hopefuls-keep-dream-alive-at-second-annual-pro-day/

• Like Like x 1
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Looks like Tom Bradley was at Penn State prob looking at Amani Oruwariye and Colbert and Dunbar and Olsavsky were at Alabama

The contingent at Alabama has me worried to be honest. Not a fan of much there this year besides Buggs their DT. Of the guys we have a chance at anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep. It seems that way for certain. Artie's days are likely done. A shame really as I was hoping to develop into something special.

Question remains, who is the current incumbents?! Only ones I see that are in consideration would be Justin Layne or Amani Oruwariye?! Time will tell.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    did they meet with Mullen at Clemson pro day? He very well could be in the running too.

I'm rooting for Wilson over bush. I think the upside is there.:cool:

15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    We’ll also note any Pro Day dinners at the bottom. Last year, they dined with Terrell Edmunds, James Washington, and Joshua Frazier before drafting them.

Reported Scheduled Visits (1 of 30)

WR Miles Boykin – Notre Dame

Pro Day Dinners

OLB Chase Winovich – Michigan

Workout/Visits

SS Mike Edwards – Kentucky (unknown if it’s workout or visit)

16. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I for one would love it. can never have enough dline players. several times last year you could see heyward and tuitt out of gas.

17. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I might prefer getting Wilson in the 2nd to getting Bush in the 1st, but straight up I take Bush over Wilson. If we got a top player at another position in the 1st and Wilson in the 2nd, I’d be ok with that. Actually, I’d really like that, but I have a feeling Wilson goes in the 40’s.

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I thought we could get Wilson at two myself. I'd love burns and then mack. Mullen and wr, maybe Jennings from wvu. 4th moreau.:cool:

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Add Julian Love to the list of cornerbacks now in play for Round Two. Improved his 40 time to 4.45 this time around. Add in his better numbers via the agility drills between the Combine and Pro Days and he is a very good prospect. Issue remains is he a slot option or boundary option for us in the future should he be picked?!

Here is Terryl Austin working with him. Have to admire that footwork.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

as you know i like him a lot but i think he landed himself in the first. he's a good cover corner, he just doesn't get many picks. :cool:

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I doubt it personally.

While this year's group of corners are not talented like they were in the 2018 draft, there is still plenty of corners to pick from on Day's Two and Three. Even among the late first round teams, there will likely be talent that will be too hard to pass up.

23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I think he’s always been in play for someone at the bottom of round 1 or top of round 2. The probability of him being available to us at pick #52 has been low all along based on his film IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I believe Mullen and oruwariye are in play for us after the first.:cool:

25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Both Colbert, Tomlin and Inside Linebackers Coach Jerry Oslavsky were at the West Virgina Pro Day today. David Long, Yodny Cajuste, David Sills and Gary Jennings are the likeliest prosepcts here.

Biggest note here is Jerry being there. David Long could not do much testing wise due to his sprained ankle. That being said though, he still went through positional drills. Got good reviews from what I read.

I need to do more research on him. That being said though, for the time being, Pittsburgh is keeping their eyes peeled. No guarantee that Devin Bush Jr. makes it that far now.

• Informative Informative x 1