1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Now they've ruined the off-season too!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Rooney's forgot more about football than most of you will ever know.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He did. Not anymore imo, father time is knocking down his door.

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I didn't think it possible but, Stone's obsessive hatred for Rooney is even worse than my obsessive hatred of the Chargers!:eek:
    The difference is, I never go to a Charger message board!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Trust me there is no hatred, I just don't get why grown men can't accept what is right in front of them. I guess it's easier for some people to deny reality than accept it.:eek:

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Dude don’t be obnoxious. I laid out a rational take in my previous reply. You disagree, it’s your opinion and not a popular one. Everything you wrote was disputable.

When a person is the only one in a room to believe something, some self awareness wouldn’t hurt, perhaps he is the one that’s wrong.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Too late! 7 pages too late!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think it's quite popular, maybe not with a select few here but in general, and if you think those things are disputable, there is no sense in discussing it further. Sad.

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    When did Bell ever say he was going to show up? I remember him saying the exact opposite, then missing a playoff game walk thru to exemplify his point.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    First thing you said that isn't loopy.

It's not popular in this thread. Probably not very popular outside of it either. While you are at it, why not blame Rooney for world hunger. About as absurd as everything else you've written on this topic.

I though I recalled leading up to last season that he did but if he wasn't directly quoted saying it, his teammates came out and said he told them he was coming.

• Like Like x 1
  10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That might be right. I was referring to the ESPN interview Bell did the week of the Jax playoff game, when he said he would retire or sit out for a year before he played under the tag again. One of the linemen (I can't remember who) alluded to Bell showing up at some point but I can't remember the details and at this point, I don't care enough to look it up.

11. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    There you go with "reality" again. This is entertainment not reality, well unless this is all someone has in life maybe. I think the bigger issue is that you give your opinion, follow it up with "indisputable fact", and then wonder why no one can "discuss" this with you. You claim that lots of people feel the way you do but find that on this message board that isn't the case. We have a very large contingent of Steeler fans where I live, and I can honestly tell you none of them have ever mentioned sharing your point of view. If you are looking for a healthy debate, I really think you need to reevaluate your delivery because when you post, what some of us are getting is that you believe your opinion is fact and any one who disagrees is less of a human if they don't see it your way. Put like that, it is kind of one sided isn't it?

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He's in Cleveland. Not going to find much love for the Rooneys there. Too bad he doesn't realize there is a whole world outside of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Stop the name calling, stop making foolish references, and accept that a lot of Steeler fans are pissed. A lot of that anger goes toward Rooney because he is supposed to be in charge and this is the 4th year in a row where the BS has overshadowed the on-field play. You don't have to like it, you don't have to agree, but you damn sure can't say it isn't real.

Edited to add: Maybe you can say it isn't real but please don't act like that makes you special. I don't like taxes but I know they are real!

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well... 2 years ago we were 13-3, and a questionable call away from 14-2. We lost in the playoffs on the field, not due to the BS that you reference. 3 years ago we started 4-5, and rebounded to win 9 in a row to reach the AFCCG. The failure was on the field in New England (poor coverage, poor pass rush, Bell injured in the 1st quarter, Sammie Coates and Cobi Hamilton (where are they now?) as key receivers.

We’ve had issues, but this notion that there’s been a massive decline is an overreaction. Really a huge overreaction IMO. The majority of NFL teams are positioned worse for 2019 success than the Steelers.

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    For both of your information I grew up an hour north of Pittsburgh and have been a Rooney bigot my entire life. Not because I am a homer or a cheerleader, but because they earned it! You can be a homer and be proud of that, every fan has that right.

If Rooney fixes this I will sing his praises and become a Rooney bigot again, as for right now he is walking around with his head in the clouds while the Steelers are a cluster-**** and have been for a few years. AS far as my presentation being one-sided, I have stated simple facts and some people just keep saying "no it's not" that's not a debate. If"YOU" want a healthy debate, try taking my facts and explaining why you believe they are not really facts.

16. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    In my opinion, Mike Tomlin should have been fired. If you believe, as I do, that Tomlin has been our biggest problem in recent seasons, you have to take issue with Art for retaining him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m going to wait and see how this coming year plays out now that the main distractions are no longer on the team.
    Go Steelers!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Not to mention that none of the Art apologists will even discuss how it was Art, not AB, who caused us to get next to nothing for him in a trade.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m not sure why you feel that everybody needs to be as angry as you are about the Rooney’s?

You think the situation is bad and others think and it’s not that bad. Who really cares?

20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You keep misquoting me, I'm not angry. I said a lot of people are angry. I guess it's hard to read correctly when your head is in the sand:cool:

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    More insults? That’s pretty much why nobody really wants to discuss anything with you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You're not angry, just a "Rooney bigot" whatever that is.
    Real Steel?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I guess we both have a bad rap; you for telling everyone they are wrong and me for telling you you are wrong. It's just a discussion.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm one of the more negative people here, but I think the offense won't miss a beat without AB. It wouldn't surprise me if the offense was more productive in '19 than '18... since Ben doesn't have to coddle AB.

Defense on the other hand... :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I honestly don't understand why people choose to look at win-loss rather than what could have been. The Steelers squandered away countless opportunities to leave the Patriots, and the rest of the league, in their dust.

Answer this honestly; do you think the Steelers have been under-achievers or over-achievers in the last 3-4 years?