1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Barron to sign

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PolamaluBlitz, Mar 17, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

We won't hold that against ya......the steeler glenn part! :roflmao::shrug:

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You guys should check out some of the clips from the game versus the Saints, which they say was Barron's best game, not that it will change your minds. When he shoots the gap, he shoots the gap. Unlike VWilliams who pick's the first open gap he sees, jumps in it and gets gobbled up in the block, missing the RB completely. Barron fires through the gap and gets the running back, he isn't looking to plug a hole, he is making the play. I'd feel much better with him as a dime backer or paired with Bostic in run support

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Been trying to tell people he was very good the second half of the season and especially the playoffs. He was injured in the early part. I've read a couple opinions that he was the Rams' best D player in the playoffs. They cut him intending to sign him back but he walked away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If they could work with long jr. From WVU, he does the same thing. He just wasn't tasked with downfield coverage. Not that I don't think he couldn't do it, just that he wasn't asked to do it. He is a good tackler. He wraps the legs and the play is over. Barron gives us time to teach these rookies. I think barron has to help.:cool:

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If he was the best player on that defense for even half a season, they wouldn't be cutting him and hoping they could re-sign him.

6. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    No one said that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If he keeps the number 26, I will dance a a dance of glee and ordering that jersey the moment it becomes available.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My friends Joe Hayden ain't getting any younger, yes CB is in play as are ILB,OLB,Safety
    and TE. I have no idea which way they will go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers have done well on offense with free agents during the popcorn era.

Mewelde Moore
    Jericho Cotchery
    DeAngelo Williams
    Vance McDonald

....just to name a few. But on defense, Steelers pick up scrubs except for Haden.

10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I like the signing. He was signed to replace Burnett as the Dime linebacker. Unlike Burnett, he has real experience lining up as a linebacker, not just playing up in the box.

I also don't believe this means they still aren't targeting an ILB with #1.

I think it does give them an insurance policy. 6 mill yeah it's a good bit, but he only has a two year deal.

I think he can help now. Good signing.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    All the draftniks has Bush as a top 20 player, so I will take their opinion over yours :shrug:.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You can’t believe those draftniks. Last year they had Terrell Edmunds as a third rounder and he went in the first.

• Like Like x 2
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    And that's fine you can do that.......they also had Leonard as a 3rd rounder! :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Just giving my opinion you don't have to like or agree with it!:shrug: The draft is a crap shoot and anyone can be right or wrong especially when there is a 50-50 chance.:shrug:

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, you said you read a couple of opinions that said Barron was the best player on the Rams' defense the second half of the season. So were you lying then or did you forget the contents of your own post?

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    And he played like a third-rounder, at best.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    McDonald wasn't a free agent. The Steelers got him in a trade with the 49ers.

17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, but so did somebody named Troy in his rookie year.

18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    OK, I stand corrected. Wasn't Bettis in the same situation? We traded with Rams to get him.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That guy had first-round talent. He also had a history of dominant play in college. Edmunds has neither.

20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    We'll see. Not gonna give up on Edmunds just yet. Dupree on the other hand.... :facepalm:

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is correct. The Steelers traded for Bettis. They made the deal during the 1996 draft. They got Bettis and a third-round pick and gave up their second-round choice in that draft and a fourth-rounder in 1997.

What I forgot is the Rams made the deal after taking Lawrence Phillips sixth overall in the draft. Ouch.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I never said we should be giving up on him. Edmunds could certainly become a solid NFL starter. I just don't see him becoming a better player than Leonard, who was rated higher going into the draft and already earned All-Pro honors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    That's not what I said at all. Read it again.

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Wanted to share this with you since we have been talking about this:

Lions signed Rams restricted free agent RB Malcolm Brown to an offer sheet.
    The Rams now have five days to match the offer. The terms are undisclosed. Since Brown is a former undrafted free agent who was tendered at the original-round level, the Rams will receive no compensation if they choose not to match. The Rams' No. 2 running back last season, Brown was unable to step in for an injured Todd Gurley late in the year after breaking his collarbone. He also dealt with a knee issue in 2017. A big-time recruit who underachieved at Texas, Brown has averaged a replacement-level 4.0 yards per carry for his career. He would be an upgrade on LeGarrette Blount.

RELATED:
    19 Mar 2019, 17:55

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Ah, I see what I missed. The overall point still works. If he was really that valuable, he would have never been cut. If the Rams cared about keeping him, they wouldn't have taken the risk.