1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Moncrief to the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Heidi Williams, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Its you who isn’t getting this. You keep acting like the team needs to be updated through the media to know what’s going on, they were there! So what we have learned after the fact, they lived it, they already knew. So when you see AB tweeting out that Tomlin was telling them he quit on them, that’s what they were dealing with that week. Those links are bs, just damage control at the time. He wasn’t communicating with the team, wasn’t answering Tomlin, Rooney or players efforts to reach him.

I’m not twisting anything, I’m pointing out that week had a lot to do with the whole team performing bad, it wasn’t just JuJu. They also had no time to put a game plan in place for not having AB. AB also left the stadium in the middle of the game. I don’t think they had to wait for the media to tell them that one either.

JuJu had 1426 yards last season, I’m sure his play won’t fall off the cliff without AB. They need more than him though, can’t do it alone. If Washington is a bust, that’s a big deal. They have JuJu and Moncrief and don’t know what we have in the later yet.

Also, Washington is a second round pick, why wouldn’t I have concerns about him stepping up? That would be a hell of a wast of a draft pick. He hasn’t shown a whole lot to be optimistic. Hopefully he steps up.

I thought the cow quip was funny :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Naw I do get it but I don't think it was a circus like your saying. It defiantly was an issue of course it was and yeah it did have an affect on the game play I will not dispute that at all. But you want to dismiss the numbers of that game and that isn't right either. I am not saying it was just Juju alone there were a lot of issues however the show must go on and the Steelers were playing for their playoff lives. They were also playing vs a team that stunk and was full of backups. For Juju and the rest of this team to struggle was not very encouraging for our future. That does include Washington even with his 3 for 3 day.

Ok Juju did have a great season last year but might that be cause so did AB and his 1297 yards and 168 targets all while being doubled and Juju singled? Juju was doubled less than 1% of the time and put up great numbers. Now the questions are can he do that being doubled(my number one concern) and can Washington put up Juju-like numbers? These are two very big question to our success this season don't you think? However adding Moncrief and probably a rookie is gonna help Washington a lot more than Juju imo. Juju will see the doubles all the time and him answering the bell and coming up big will me more important than if Washington steps up. Maybe if Washington got more opportunity he could have shown more, he did very well at the end of the year with the opportunity he was given and thats all you can do. If Ben don't throw to ya you can't make plays right?

The cow thing was funny for the record....lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Heres hoping they all do their part this season, NY :drinks:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Heck yeah my friend like I said the bottom line to me is wins and the main goal......getting #7 brotha! :drinks::herewego!:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    has this video been uploaded yet? Nelson, Moncrief, Barron... will help next year, not bad FA pick ups

6. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    How dare you tell me not to moncrief!!!!!
    You're not the boss of me....
    I'll moncrief when I want to moncrief!!!!!

7. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    It's your party and you'll moncrief if you want to.
    Moncrief if you want to, moncrief if you want to.
    You would moncrief too, if it happened to you.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1