1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Now they've ruined the off-season too!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You think I'm full of **** and I know you are:smiley1:

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Let’s just keep it about the Steelers.

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He just likes to open his mouth and prove it, no thinking involved.

4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Careful lunatic! You are the one who acts like a pissed-off cheerleader.

And I doubt if you are even cute in your short skirt and pom poms.

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's fair. And believe me, I wish just one of you guys who keep saying it will all be fine would provide a reason why you say that? And saying you trust the Rooney's is not an answer as there are no more "Rooney's", there is Art II and virtually 100% of what we have seen from him spells disaster. For God sake the man acted flabbergasted that a reporter used the word "circus" in reference to the Steelers. He is either a world class liar or a world class dolt!

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    More like damage control. Rooney isn't a bare your dirty laundry in public type of guy.

What he said about AB was straying way outside of his comfort zone. Which tells you how mad he was about AB.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I wish I understood where people get their impressions of Art II?

All I have to go on is the steady decline in discipline and the steady increase of the circus as he has become the man in charge. I agree that the former Rooney's in charge of the Steelers were not the type to air dirty laundry, in fact they were the best at keeping it in house and quiet. On the other hand, Art II has allowed a public cluster-**** to grow mold and take on a life of it's own.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The others didn't have to deal with social media the way Art does. They didn't do anything different to keep things in house, they had no iron fist over players.

Theres been plenty of controversies over the years, at least no one on the team today has shot at a helicopter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I miss Ernie.

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I get all that and I have no doubt that today's social media and omni-present media in general is very different than Dan or Art Sr. and so Art II can't be held to their standard but what I don't get is why he appears to be one of the biggest buffoons out of all the owners at the current moment, a moment when every team has the same media related issues to deal with that he does.

Social media or media in general are not the cause for Art II allowing Tomlin to methodically create the toxic environment that has become the Steelers locker room.

Social media or media in general are not the cause for Art II allowing issues with prima donna players to grow to the point of cancer.

Social media or media in general are not the cause for Art II making a public statement which resulted in the team getting next to nothing for the best WR in the game.

Social media or media in general are not the cause for Art II allowing Colbert to make statements which will create animosity in the 2019 locker room.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You have your opinion and I have mine. I have faith in the Rooney’s.

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    What Rooney's?

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The Rooney’s that own the Steelers.

14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Name them?

15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't live anywhere near Pittsburgh so, I don't ever see any stories about the Rooneys. Maybe, just maybe, the "problem" with Rooney is simply YOUR perception of him. Looking at what you've posted, just in this thread, it seems as though Art must have peed in your corn flakes! You make him sound like Spanos!
    Relax. The Steelers will be fine doing it "the Steeler way"!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I guess I can quit my job too since I am certain to win the Power Ball:clapping:

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Then, you can buy the team and run it any way you want! Brilliant!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Actually the Rooney’s aren’t the sole owners anymore. They have an ownership group now. But the Rooney’s run the team.

19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You must be a politician! Name the Rooney's who "run" the team. And while you're at it, tell us what each of them is responsible for?

20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    No way! Then everyone will call me an idiot!:smiley1:

I'm as big a Steeler fan as anyone but I have yet to find anyone who can tell me why they believe Art II knows what he's doing. His ancestry doesn't count, his heritage doesn't count, only his recent past performance (3-5 years) ..... and nobody has even made an attempt to list why his past performance makes them warm and comfortable.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The last three Super Bowls that the Steelers were in Art II was the team president and owner. I’m confident that the Rooney’s will continue to field a highly competitive team year in and year out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Art Rooney jr. is the Vice President.
    Dan Rooney jr. is Player Personal coordinator.

23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well he doesn't fire coaches.....wait is that good or bad....

24. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    …..as opposed to...……?:smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Why don't other teams/owners seem to struggle with social media to the extent the Steelers do? Is it individual knucklehead players here or are there policies in place regarding it elsewhere I wonder. It's probably something the Steelers should consider. (facebook live from the locker room should have ended it imo)

• Winner Winner x 1