1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Barron to sign

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PolamaluBlitz, Mar 17, 2019.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    IMO....would of kept Fort....cut Dupree and added Houston....and gave up our 2nd for Littleton and added a safety in the draft( 3rd round) Hooker,Thornhill,Rapp,Savage....jmo.

• Like Like x 3
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Mark Barron could be a "bridge" to the future. Mark Barron will be the current option for us. I still expect Pittsburgh to acquire a DIME option in Round 3. Hopefully Amani Hooker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Littleton is not an option it is more than just giving up a 2nd round pick, the Rams have total control and can match anything.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Here is what I found on the tender, so not only would be offer more money but then we would also lose a pick. We could have offered Littleton 2 for 12 and if the Rams passed we would lose the 2nd round pick along with the salary.

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    FYI cap space before the Barron signing:

Team Cap Space: $6,880,759

6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    You have to pay someone. We just gave Barron 12 mil. I would rather have Littleton ( younger and better). Im sure we could of structured his contract in a way to secure him this year and we will have way more cap space next year. I read that NE got Welker and Hogan as RFAs. It didn't seem that impossible and it worked out well for them. I would say. It's looking like if we want one of the Devins we will be giving up draft capital to move up for one of them. IMO Littleton is worth a 2nd in this draft. Leaves the 1st wide open....

7. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Why not just sign a legit star free agent? Instead we...

Bud Dupree - $9.2M

Mark Barron - $6M

Anthony Chickillo - $4M

That’s $19.2 million. Lmao.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Fair points about the Devins but this kind of stuff just don't happen. We would of had to offer a Mosley like contract for the Rams not to mact it and we aren't doing that right? Welker and Hogan might have been RFA's but that is just 2 these guys don't get signed.

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This is coming up as blocked. Also, from everything I've read, his level of play dropped significantly in 2018 and he is 29, so he could already be in decline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Who cares if it happens or doesn't. We have a stronger need than the talent available in the draft offers. Moving up could possibly cost us our 20 and a 3rd....so is a 2nd for Littleton a bad move. Mosely contract...no way. They are strapped for cash. They can't go from that 2nd round tender price tag to a big contract if they could he wouldn't be a RFA. Anyway doesn't hurt to try...

11. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    He was injured early in the season and missed some time. He ended up playing very well later on and especially throughout the playoffs.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I found some highlights online. It looks like the guy can hit, but I wonder if he will be out there on first downs.

13. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Good insurance:yeehaw::herewego!:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    Well, right now we have TJ Watt and several other :dontknow: LBs.

15. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
  16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That number doesn’t include Moncrief either. His contract details haven’t been released yet.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    It's not about caring it's about the likely hood of it happening. You think you are the only one to think wow let me give up a 2nd and offer a contract? I am pretty sure(well maybe) our front office and others would give up a 2nd in a heartbeat if it were that easy. Don't you think the Jets would have given a 2nd instead of paying CJ 17 mil? There is more to it I am not sure what I don't know all the ins and outs. The Rams are in just about the same place as us when it comes to cap space. Team Cap Space: $8,767,895 so whatever we can afford so can they.

Your right it couldn't hurt to make an offer but for some reason unknown to us these kind of things just don't happen.

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Not sure what the prob it I cot it right off youtube, as for his play dropping off that is why I said 2017......

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Maybe the Steelers plan on moving Barron back to safety. :shrug:

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Did you see the guaranteed money being handed out?

Steelers were never in play for any big name FA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    ILB better be the 1st pick. Even ol Colbert said it was a mistake not to draft one last year. Well, here you go Colbert, hopefully you don't make the same mistake again.

Barron will get a chance to compete. Really now look at what they have. Vince could use some competition. And Bostic is not the answer. That was only a stop gap. Should be gone or used as a back up. A couple of Devins are out there. One would look fine in Black&Gold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    General rule is to have a somewhat "complete" roster going into the draft so you have more flexibility. We still need major help to the back 7, DEs and depth at WR/RB/TE but there are no obvious holes now. Money wise Ben will restructure and there's no way Burnette is sticking around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know every teams specific needs and I don't know how many teams feel they are in a position to have to give up a 2nd round pick. It also might have to do with where a team is picking. Maybe they're particular need isn't worth a pick in the top 15 in the 2nd round. I dont think it's as hard as you think it is. I just can't quantify the need for each particular team. I can only speak for us and it's a definite need. Especially when the GM is on record saying its one of his biggest mistakes. Time will tell. Let's see how the draft pans out. I don't want to hear you when we have to trade up for Bush ,knowing how much you love him:shrug:;). Also the Jets don't have a 2nd round pick ......so :razz:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    LMAO, listen if we trade up for Bush I can promise you that you won't be hearing me because I will be in the demo business. I will be redecorating my house from the inside out........

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Be sure to have a video camera running when we pick :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2