1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Forget Bell vs Brown next season...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by EnglishSteeler, Mar 17, 2019.

1. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    We had a thread asking who we thought would have a better season out of Bell or Brown. Making this more Steeler relevant who do you think will have a better season...

Conner vs Bell
    JuJu vs Brown

Personally i think Bell may outperform Conner due to the fact as it stands it will be the safest way to protect Darnold in his second year and how pass-happy we are as an offensive unit.

I do feel that JuJu will outperform Brown though. I don't rate Carr and think the whole organisation will be so desperate to prove what a coup getting Brown was they will force the ball to him far too much despite the fact he will be in double coverage more often than not. That and the fact that unless the Raiders draft instant impact players they are the worst team in their division

2. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Pittsburgh uses their starter backs in a workhorse role, which is against the grain of the league. We know the Jets will use him as a workhorse, but will he truly have the high percentage of snaps he had here? Don’t know. I also know the Jets line is bad, and their receivers don’t scare me.

So, considering we were the pass heaviest team in the league and Conner still had almost 1,000 yards in 12 games... I’m gonna take James Conner there.

JuJu vs AB.. dunno. The Raiders are putting quite the O-Line around Carr. I also think Tyrell taking the safeties deep down the field will open up opps for AB. Not to mention, they have 4 picks in the top 35. I’ll take AB there.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I really think JuJu and Conner both outperform them.

I think we will see just how much AB benefitted having Ben as his QB, plus the Steelers threw the ball more than any other team last season. Bet that tweet AB sent out early in the year about trade me and find out in regards to Ben making him will come back and bite him in the ass.

And I think Bell will suffer from being away from the game for so long plus playing for the Jets.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    JuJu is going to lead the league in receiving.

Conner is going to go beast. Not sure if he'll out do Bell, but the steelers offense will be better than the Jets and Raiders.

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's a tall order for Ju Ju. Despite what a king sized douche AB was, he was flat out greatness on the field. Bell's style of running and use as a receiver are no longer unique, without an O line and smart QB I could see Bell being just above average.

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You forgot that you are going to will the $500,000,000 PowerBall:smiley1:

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Based on the past, it's more likely than not that neither Bell nor Conner finish the season injury free, so the question could be moot. AB and JuJu are both studs and should finish the season in one piece but neither will be league leaders - AB will have to get used to a new QB and team schemes and JuJu will have to learn how to play without AB getting double covered on the opposite side. I hope I'm wrong and both Conner and JuJu play awesome injury free ball this next season, but..................

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He out performed him last year in yards but not in TD's. The question is how well he will do with the added attention DC's will show him as the number 1.

AB's stats will suffer too going from Ben to Carr and a worse Raider team.

9. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Don't know about that bruh, Juju benefited from having AB on the other side of the field too. We don't have anyone to ease the tension from Juju unless we acquire one. But, we'll see that's for sure.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    JuJu has 1426 yards. AB had 1200 and change. How much of a drop off do you anticipate? More than 200 yards? JuJu is a very good WR, I don’t expect a huge drop off without AB. He’ll absolutely hit 1,000 yards, minimum.

Back to AB, do you think he will put up better production with Carr than with Ben?

It’s really not far fetched to think JuJu will outperform AB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Its also not beyond the realms of possibility that by october or november the raiders have a rookie throwing to AB. I dont think Carr is even close to being Gruden's guy

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, thats very possible.

And now this, hopefully the Raiders are on Hard Knocks this year :lolol: