1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Mock Draft has Both Devins gone by Pick 11 overall

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mcam, Mar 16, 2019.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-2019-nfl-mock-draft-10-steelers-fill-ab-void

Not everyone is optimistic as some on this board and elsewhere that one of the Devin's are going to fall to the Steelers at 20.

Unfortunately the Steeler may have to give up way too much to trade up to that level.

There is a HUGE gaping hole at ILB which has 1st round pick all over it.

They have the Steelers picking Marquise Brown. :facepalm:

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  3. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Devin White @#10
    Devin Bush @ #11

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If that is the case, Pittsburgh is likely to trade up to acquire Brian Burns. He is just about everything one would want in a 3-4 OLB. Add the fact he will only be 21 in addition to Bud's final year and the team would not have to postpone the pass rushing issue for another year.

Beyond Dupree, there really is not another option
    Why wait for one? Acquire the player with the highest ceiling in the draft.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Going in to another season without a solution at LB would be very disappointing but both Bush and White are likely out of reach. Steelers would have to trade up to the top 10-15 and even then they may both be gone.

Denver are sure to take a LB at 10, Bucs and Bengals among others may be looking to take a LB as well.

6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    One more aspect I forgot earlier.

In all honesty, if Devin White is not there for Cincy, they are likely to select the best available offensive lineman on their board. Given the fact that, even with Devin White, they still would not be able to actually put up points due to Andy Dalton being knocked around like a pinball in a pinball machine, my bet would be Andre Dillard.

At the same time though, Cincy passing up on Ed Oliver would not shock nor suprise me but amaze me due to the continial ineptitude.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  7. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Mocks are mocks. Not worried, we’ll select the best player available according to Colbert, not ESPN or NFL.com

• Like Like x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Bucs?! Without a doubt. Bengals and Broncos?! I would have pause for both. Elway might have Joe Flacco but how much can you trust him to stay healthy after suffering a back injury?! Besides, if Elway is truly in awe of Drew Lock, chances are they will draft him.

For Cincy, yes, a linebacker is a glaring need for certain. That being said, beyond the likes of Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams and Andre Dillard, one is drawing blanks for the offensive tackles within the top 10. Besides, Andy will not last if he keeps getting hit.

Among the teams that do worry me is the New York Football Giants. With their 17th pick, who knows?! There are reports that have surfaced that they are not interested in Dwayne Haskins like many thought. That team truly can go any way they want.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Likely to trade up? Are you basing this on our historical reputation for moving up in the draft?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I just watched Burns’ highlights.. he looks like a stud.. he would be an immediate upgrade over Bud.

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

No.

I am basing this on how much longer Ben has left. Furthermore, I am also basing this on Mason's own clock should he be the "next one".

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bungles need a TE more than LB help.

13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't think we trade up for Burns.

I think the only player we trade up for in round 1 is Devin White. If we are going to burn additional capital I think they will only go after a "can't miss, sure thing" type of player.

I'm still confident Devin Bush will be there at #20. ILB is historically undervalued, and the fact he is 5'11 will scare teams off. Add average tape to that and I think he is sitting there at #20.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

the only thing he has going is speed. 34 solo tackles doesn't really project to a can't miss ILB in the top 20 players. thats what scares me about bush not his size. long from wvu is that size and has that speed and he makes tackles. not a lot of difference in the two from what i have seen, except that one plays the spot more as a LB. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think Bush makes it to twenty, but if he doesn't, the Steelers shouldn't panic. Perhaps they'll take Wilson or wait awhile for Pratt, Long, Edwards, Coney, etc. In fact, if they miss out on White, Bush, and Wilson in the first round or two, I'd like to see them use a couple of their ten draft picks on two of these other guys. Double dip on ILB and see who can supplant what we have.

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Make no mistake. I also believe Devin Bush will be available at 20. His size and limitations will hurt his stock for certain. Of that I will not disagree.

That being said, there is one major issue with the current historical context of ILBs though. Players like Patrick Willis, Bobby Wagner, Ryan Shazier and others have been shattering that mold; Patrick himself being the progenitor. In other words, the game is changing.

What is also going to be accounted for is today's NFL Offensive System. Way too many teams are acquiring players from positions that have more versatility than they did 20 to 30 years ago. Most recently, players like Jaylon Smith, Myles Jack, Tremaine Edmunds, Leighton Vander Esch, Fred Warner and others are not just great players or ones with great potential but also represent the new paradigm the NFL must take to deal with these new threats.

In short?! To best an uber athlete on offense, you need an uber athlete on defense. More speficially, the "traffic cop" in the middle must be able to do more than just simply stuff the run and defend in zone coverage.