1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fort and McCullers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by chitown steeler3, Mar 14, 2019.

1. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I agree

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm not a big fan of the signing << pun intended. Just because McCullers hasn't shown much except being a huge individual. The positive is they signed him for the league vet minimum.

With 10 picks in the draft, I'm hoping the Steelers look for depth at this position in the later rounds.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Ummm it's seek and destroy were all about Metallica now... Get with the program! Hahahahaha

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah with 10 picks, having digger here and a deep class of DL in the draft makes this move even more head scratching. Dan offers nothing absolutely nothing I spent a lot of time watching him when he was in the game, which let me point out wasn't much by the end of the season(that is the weird part of him coming back) and he was bad. A guy his size should at least offer more than being a teddy bear.....jmo :smiley1:

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The organization is drunk on his size, the only thing he offers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Maybe 11 picks if they trade Dupree. That I would be all in on! Some team is just salivating over seeing him 10 yards behind the QB, standing there like a buffoon after a play is over, looking quite uncomfortable covering, playing patty cake with any offensive player, getting owned with ease. He is like an orange cone. But some team i'm sure would take a flier on him being a starter on the mighty Steeler defense. But alas, we will see him and his mediocre play. A 9.2 mistake. Great job Colbert.

McCullers :eek: 9 lives for a player they really don't know what to do with and that has done nothing. Great job Colbert.

Like said, Fort could start over both ILBers. Our 1st selection should be an ILBer with one later on.

My issue is WHO will be responsible for this defense? Need plug and play players that don't need a major amount of coaching because lets be fair here, do you trust the coaching of the defense?

7. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    We're going to the 4-3! J/K. With Fort gone, wonder which LB won't be able to cover wide receivers on 3rd down now? Talent can't overcome bad schemes anyway, good luck in Philly.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    A little sad to see Fort go a little sadder to see McCullers is not. For a guy as big as McCullers is I can't believe how many times he gets put on his heels on first contact. You would think that by now they would have coached him to get lower and lock down his position.
    I agree with most he might not make it out of camp if they draft or sign just about any younger big body.

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    He actually has a couple plays where he does extremely well pushing the guard into the backfield.

The problem is IMO the dude is just lazy and doesn't have it. No consistency. Someone needs to get him Peed off before going out to play. Withhold a cheeseburger or something.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am not sure what the Steelers see in Mccullers, he should have been gone a long time ago.
    why I am even taliking about him as a Steeler pisses me off. Thanks Coach T.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I like your consistency