1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jesse James takes shot at Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FootballAnalyst98, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Look, it's really simple. I have been a devout Steeler fan for nearly 50 years and it's not because I am a homer, I grew up an hour north of Pittsburgh and that's what started it. Since then it's because they were an organization that was run properly and put a great product on the field. I will always be a Steeler fan but the glory days appear to be over. There is no other team looking more inept right now than the once proud Steelers and I am not afraid to call a spade a spade.

Those of you who choose to believe that this is just one of those things that NFL teams go through are either intentionally avoiding the reality that this ownership/management has operated under for 3-5 years now because you can't face reality, or you simply don't care; maybe you just like the color of the uniforms.

If you think that the 3-5 years of stupidity which lead to the Bryant, Brown and Bell fiascos is just a hiccup, you haven't really been paying attention.

If you think that Tomlin's mis-management of the players and lack of on field discipline just happened overnight, you haven't really been paying attention.

If you think that the owner going in front of national news media and making it clear that the Steelers were getting rid of AB wasn't the reason we got nothing in return for possibly the best WR ever, you have never really paid attention to the NFL.

If you think that Colbert saying it was Ben and 52 kids won't have an adverse effect on the 2019 locker room, you simply don't understand the NFL.

2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You may be right. For me, the difference is that they dont pay us, so we shouldn't allow their BS to spoil our sunny dispositions (lol). These guys are being paid to entertain us. Take it for what it's worth - not much in the grand scheme of things.

I probably will get skewered for this comment and people will say "you're not a real fan, blah blah blah," but I'm impressed with what the brownies are doing and I'm looking forward to seeing how they improve. Purely to be entertained.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Here's the difference .... for me. Fans whine and complain about draft picks, and game plans, and play calling, etc. I never did too much of that for the simple reason that I figured that even the worst head coach in the NFL knew a little more than me about NFL football, most certainly the Steelers who were the model franchise!

This is way different! Art allowed Tomlin to create a toxic environment. Art allowed Colbert to alienate the entire locker room. Art allowed the Steelers to digress to one of those teams players don't want to play for. Instead of Art doing something to stop the downward spiral, he endorsed it and added to it with his statement about parting ways with AB.

If the guy driving the ship keeps running it aground and saying there is nothing wrong, you have to start to question his capabilities. And until he does something to show that he is fixing the problem, he "is" the problem ..... and it ain't goin away!

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Did you sleep through the 80s?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Nope! But despite the fact that they weren't dominant in the 80's they weren't embarrassing either and their issues were talent not buffoonery!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Lame ass article, trying to pile on with the narrative from AB about Ben. The writer talked to Josh Harris and Isaac Redman, and Redman disagreed with the writer thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah he and Redman were going back and forth on twitter with Redman claiming he twisted his statements to fit his story.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Which makes perfect sense considering the trouble Ben used to have was due in part to hanging out with the wrong people.

When AB melts down with the Raiders, it will be Bens fault too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    So, because I either don't agree with you or see things differently, I can't face reality, don't care, maybe happen to like the color of the uniforms, or I'm not paying attention. Not sure what any of this has to do with being able to face reality or why you are equating the NFL to reality for that matter. You make a number of ass umptions because I happen to be a homer. Some people act like being a homer is a bad thing...I'm actually proud to wear the badge. I am none of those things you mentioned, I just happen to choose to move on from it and look forward to the next chapter. In another post you say you don't comment much on draft picks because you figure even bad coaches know more about football than you, but you believe you know more about owning a team than the owners? I would argue that you have better odds of knowing as much as a coach as you do knowing how to own a team. Anyhow, I do happen to like the color of their uniforms so there is that!

• Like Like x 1