1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Is AB Welcomed to Retire a Steeler?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 08SteelCurtain, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. No

66 vote(s)
    84.6%
  1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
  2. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    James said he enjoyed his time playing for the Steelers, but admitted to being “glad to get away” from the drama. He added that the Antonio Brown trade “had to happen” because things were “out of control” by the end of the season.

That pretty much sums it up.

It's a new day, distractions gone, some new hard working players joining the team, things looking good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It's been a circus recently with Bell and Brown mostly. Ben needs to chill his radio show and all would be calm in Pittsburgh.

Except for Ju Ju Gatorade endorsements which is allowed lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It's actually 7 now me included.

Thinking of growing a mustache and dying it blonde with big plans of getting fired from work in order to land guaranteed money in a new job before even starting.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I voted yes, but have mixed feelings. I am ok with it barely because of his contributions to our wins over his career with us, but "welcome" seems a bit too strong.

While on the subject of retiring a Steeler, I have more sympathy for Bell. He wanted what seemed to be too much money, but while he sat out he was proved correct as the market exploded for top RB`s unexpectedly.

I think Bell had only at best a few years left in him and those years would not be his best years, so not paying him may turn out smart. Also ok with him retiring a Steeler.

However, Brown just went mental instead. Not a money issue. He hated sharing the spotlight with Juju. His ego destroyed his relationship with the team. Very disturbing and doubt we see a guy leave like that again.

6. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    I said yes, if he wants to retire a Steeler that's fine. It's all symbolic anyway, this isn't baseball where players go into the HOF with a certain team. I wouldn't be waving my terrible towel going crazy about it but I wouldn't lament it either

7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    If things continue to fester in the Steelers organization and we find out that it was toxic beyond belief, I would change my vote to yes. Yes, AB was immature, irresponsible, and childish but the NFL is filled with guys like that and if we find out that the Steelers took part in the pissing contest, then it's all on them.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Up to 10 now. Didnt realize AB had that many family members on this MB. :hehehe:

9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Ben gets 2500 a week which is 10K a month for his radio gig, he probably wont consider giving up that easy money.

10. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Everybody knows that time heals wounds. If he wants to retire a Steeler in 6-8 years, I'm sure it will happen. And I'm sure that the majority of fans will remember how things ended, but they'll also remember what an electric game-changing WR he was for us for years.

While I despise the guy currently, I'd welcome him back in time if he opened up and wanted to retire a Steeler

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And without the radio show, he would be limited on where he could use his passive aggressive comments.

13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I forgot...

Then buy a billboard outside of work for the office to stare at all day with a creepy smile on my face thanking them for hiring me to begin with. :cool:

14. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was his true intention