1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Is AB Welcomed to Retire a Steeler?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 08SteelCurtain, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. No

66 vote(s)
    84.6%
  1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Who in the hell answered yes? 2 people need some professional help.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who?

• Like Like x 2
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ratbirdhater was probably one of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If he had just demanded a trade and gotten his wish it would have been one thing but the reason he's not welcome back is because he purposely sabotaged his value and screwed the Steelers.

And all they ever did was bend over backwards to keep him happy.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    and I am not sure he is a HOFer as of today. Hines Ward has better stats...2 rings and a Super Bowl MVP to his name. He is not in yet...might be awhile for him yet.

Antonio is to good to not keep putting up some #s. So I would guess he someday gets in....But as of today with the way he handled his business. He is going to have to put up another 3 to 5 years like he has been putting up and I am not sure the Raiders are built to get him there. Derek Carr might be on his way out ...and then that leaves a few years with a rookie before his 3 year deal is up.

He has to hope he can still get those 100 catch seasons in Oakland to solidify his yellow jacket

HACK

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
  7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
  8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

i voted yes.. i got no prob with him.... did he handle the situation wrong. (yes he did) but people handle things wrong all the time, cant take it personal when your not involved in the outcome JMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Nope. With all the diva crap, private meeting streaming, and other junk he pulled, that's bad enough. But his behavior over the last month pushed it over the top. It's of course up to the organization if he would be allowed to retire a Steeler, but my vote would be for "no."

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    3 votes for yes.. casual steelers fans?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What he did had a negative impact on the Steelers organization. I am a team first guy. Right now I have no use for AB. That may soften overtime, but I doubt it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I was watching on and off at work and I couldn't agree with you more. He was back to his old self. It's just more proof that what he did to the Steelers over the last 3 months was a sham to get out and he should NEVER be forgiven for it.

He's given us some great memories over the years and I'm grateful for them but retire as a Steeler...not a chance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    4 of us now. We're talking about a possibility many years in the future.

14. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    In the Steelers ring of honor/ hall of fame. No right now but everyone kisses and makes up. But he will end up in Canton Ohio.

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Nope been a fan hardcore fan since 78. I just don't get mad .N pissy when **** doesnt involve me. Lol

16. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Right, if it was just a quiet behind the scenes thing where he made it clear PIT was in his rearview.. we could have gotten at least a 1st round pick. Less hard feelings. If he had his choice, we release him and get nothing. Dude doesnt care

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He intentionally did damage to the franchise. No way he should be welcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I get pissy with these ***** ass antics that make the org look bad. One of the reasons I have been a fan for over fourty years is because I appreciate what types of players are hired and how they behave. AB totally was an a sshole on this and he will never be forgiven and there is nothing he could do to redeem himself toward me. I spend way too much money on this org to see malcontents and their childish ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It's not a matter of anger or forgiveness. It's a judgement of his character. Brown demonstrated his lack of character throughout this mess.

20. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Don't be surprised if there's a third or fourth team in the mix by the end. Though it's tough to flunk out of the Raiders. Now that Bell, Bryant, and Blount are gone do I need to change my avatar?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Hell No!! With the exception of injury I hope he has the worst of luck on the field..

22. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Agreed with everything you said.

My guess is by the time he's voted into the hall of fame, fans would welcome him back.

Hell he's already reported of buying a billboard in Pittsburgh stating thank you to the city. I don't think a majority of fans will be holding the grudge 5 to 10 years out. Think he'll be remembered for the good stuff.

Could be wrong. We'll find out eventually.

23. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I have this mental image of Brown realizing the Steelers are no longer paying him, so he puts up a billboard saying "Thanks for nothing", then being confused about why the fans are reacting so negatively to his sign.

24. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

25. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Short answer: no.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

If his contract was up and he left for a better offer, fair enough. If he had a legitimate grievance with his salary and held out asking for a better contract or trade, I wouldn't like it, but I could understand.

This? Purge his name from history. He spit on his teammates, the organization, the city and its fans. These shallow, empty gestures the past 2 days mean nothing to me. He's shown his true character.

I never wish injury on anyone. But I gotta tell ya, I really hope he gets penile cancer.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1