1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Is AB Welcomed to Retire a Steeler?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 08SteelCurtain, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. No

66 vote(s)
    84.6%
  1. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I am sure this has been said and discussed in threads, but I want a tally.

Lets say, HOF or not (he’s a HOF’er, I’ll cut the suspense) he wants to retire or identify as a Steeler... he wants to be remembered as a Steeler, to come out of the tunnel at halftime of some game in 2035 to be honored for whatever hypothetical reason... I don’t know, lets say he gets inducted into the HOF and they wheel his ass out at halftime at Heinz.

Do you welcome this? Do we allow him back?

Drew Rosenhaus talked about a mending of the fences as if it were a foregone conclusion and it made me angry.

What say you? As of now I say... no. Go ahead and kick dirt in our faces. Try to publicly humiliate us and devalue yourself so that you can get cut to choose your own fate and give us no compensation so that we can be well going forward. Like tweets about Ben being a “rapist.” Slander the organization... but you’d better have a good stay with the Raiders. Because I don’t want you to say it’s all love in the future when it’s all said and done. That’s called being fake! To be a Steeler you have to give a **** about them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hell no. Not with how he left town and screwed them.

That bridge is burnt.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I don't even want him back in the city for a primanti sandwich

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    <edit> no

Mod edit: Filter is there for a reason

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Absolutely not. He did everything he could to screw the Steelers over.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He's a Raider.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Only if he wears a black and gold caterpillar above his upper lip. :cool: More importantly, assuming he's a HOF inductee, would he enter as a Steeler or Raider or ?????? Same with Bell, assuming he resurrects his career in NYC???

8. 08SteelCurtain

Sep 20, 2015
    That’s the thing. If AB publicly states he wants to wave a terrible towel at the HOF podium... do we all say “hmm no thanks” and boo him if he tries to wave it? As of now, I’d boo very loudly. Time heals, but this is different.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If I was there, I'd boo him. Time won't make him any less of a jackass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

This is how he should be remembered.

• Like Like x 1
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The fans won't welcome him back for such an event, but the organization will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 08SteelCurtain

Sep 20, 2015
    If the organization does do you think it will be because they know he’ll get boo’ed and that sh** will be hilarious?

Or.. less funny.. they want to claim clout for drafting a HOF in the 6th round?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    F no. Hell to the F no. James Harrison is my favorite d player of all time and I’m on the fence for him to return. AB can eat the D. And that rhymes

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Absolutely no.. after what he has done to the organization? I don’t even think the Steelers should welcome back in the building.

16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't think either is the case. The organization doesn't seem to hold grudges (that I can remember w/o trying real hard). Mr. Rooney was willing to fly to Florida to meet with AB, he didn't have to do that. By all accounts, he's a respectable, level headed guy. Things don't always work out as planned, I don't think there's any resentment (on his end anyway). Just my thoughts on the situation.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 08SteelCurtain

Sep 20, 2015
    I think he flew to Florida to try and convince him to stop sabotaging his trade value. I think he wanted to convince him that stopping his devalue parade would ultimately help him too

I do agree that Colbert and the Rooneys are some of the most level headed people in professional sports history, and that is probably a reason for their sustained success in a sport of designed parity

Edit: Honestly, why else would Rosenhaus, Colbert, Tomlin join in like they did? They are all far too busy to take part in a “hey, good times! Take care!” meeting

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Only way I see it happening is if, after he retires, the doctors remove a tumor out of his brain, and everyone agrees that he seems much more rational. And he regrets his previous actions.

Short of medically proven insanity... no.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If that was the reason (which it very well may have been), it didn't work.:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    HR departments generally don’t let you retire after you have quit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    He was all buisness like today, was kinda gross to see, considering this past month.

I don't live in Pittsburgh, I read he has some billboard signs out thanking the fans today, how is that going?

22. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

I live in Northern California. I can’t wait to see this circus. When AB said his actions speak a lot, I laughed so hard. He is very delusional.

23. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
  24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I voted yes.

And everyone knows my thought on Antonio Brown at the moment.

The reason being time mends wounds. By the time Brown's to be inducted, there is little reason to hold grudges. Brown was made in Pittsburgh whether he wants to admit it or not, and Ben and him have been the connection that has made it happen. 9 years here versus 2 months of him obviously acting out to get a new deal with a new team.

I really don't see Brown as truly having as much of a grudge against the Steelers as it has been played out. This was all about $$$$.

We will see ultimately when the time comes. Personally I'll remember him for what he did for the Burgh.

And the other yes voter was most likely Footballanalyst98 which scares the living heck out of me I agree with him on something. I kid :dancing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    its a sad ending to what should’ve been a HOF Steelers career

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1