1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Wardismvp, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    After signing the Honey Badger have to be by far the leading contender for
    Superbowl. Also signed Carlos Hyde this week. What is going on with Huston?

2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Green Bay just brought in 3 top players for their defense.
    Get a RB for that Offense and they're back in the Playoffs.

But yeah Chiefs are going for it.

Packer - Chief Big Game! hahahaha!

3. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    They are losing Houston and Ford I think. I’m not buying them, I think they are one and done again. Hate to say it but no matter the cheats will win next year if we can’t stop them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Da_Cranberry

Jan 22, 2018
    They just lost Ford, they aren’t going to do crap next year with an even worst defense. I think Mahomes and the offense is going to regress, teams only need 1 year to figure out how to stop them.

Chargers might take it next year if cry me a rivers can hold it together.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. standupsteelerguy

standupsteelerguy Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2017
    LOL....we aint stopping the patriots, If we go 8-8 I'll be surprised.

chiefs are losing players too, the d line just took two hits, plus no Hunt at all next year = worse running game. and after a year, teams will figure out maholmes. Go rewatch the AFCCG....the patriots figured out he cannot deal with pressure from up the middle, every sack was on pressure up the middle. ...its even worse when he gets that and the edges are held, which the pats somehow managed to do as well.

Agree on the Patriots chances next year ....Patriots will cruise through the afc east, then they play the nfc east, us , the chiefs the ravens and houston I think. that has 12-4 at least written all over it, if not 13-3. No. 1 seed, two games at gillette, off to the superbowl, and who knows what happens there. people thought that rams O would give them a game and, yeah, not so much....

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Prepare to be surprised. This team will still be good enough to win 10-12 games despite the ownership/management/coaching being in disarray.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Disagree. One major reason why... rather, one player.

Patrick Mahomes is a transcendent player in my opinion already. Very seldom do players who play essentially their "rookie" season transform their entire team; win NFL MVP doubly so and no less. For that matter, Mahomes himself is too gifted and talented for Kansas City to not remain in contention as it currently stands.

Now, should Tyreek Hill be convicted and Kansas City not address Wide Receiver in the NFL 2019, then I could see a drop off. Until both those scenarios happen, do not expect Kansas City to go away. So long as Patrick and Andy Reid both reside in the "Red Kingdom", Kansas City is an AFC powerhouse.

8. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I will take that prediction.

9. Da_Cranberry

Jan 22, 2018
    I'm not on the Mahomey wagon, I've seen it with RG3, Garapolo Wilson, Wentz & Newton. Good players but they ruin teams when their RC expires or get hurt. Let him do it repeatedly for 2-3 years before he gets anointed, or how about win an AFC championship. KC was pretty good and lead the league in wins before he played.

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This will be interesting to watch this year. I have always said that you can't settle on a guys real worth till he has three years under his belt but Mahomes certainly looked like the real deal.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

You are forgetting another person; Andy Reid. He has been called the "Quarterback Guru" for a reason. Mahomes is the best Quarterback Andy has had since Donovan McNabb.

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Badger a big risk signing in my opinion, a lot of money for a safety who hasnt been back to form yet:

Every NFL Team's Worst Free-Agent Signing This Offseason

1. Tyrann Mathieu; Terms: Three years, $42 million ($26.8 million guaranteed)

With Eric Berry, Justin Houston and Dee Ford gone, the Kansas City Chiefs put the vast majority of their free-agent eggs into safety Tyrann Mathieu's basket. While the Honey Badger is a strong, versatile player with a stacked resume, the signing could backfire.

Mathieu's ability to cover receivers in the slot stands out, but the Chiefs already have a stellar slot cornerback in Kendall Fuller. He also hasn't been the same since he tore his ACL late in a standout 2015 season, as he hasn't gotten back to the Pro Bowl in the ensuing three seasons.

He's good but no longer great, and his injury history should be a concern. That didn't stop the Chiefs from giving him $14 million per year.

No other safety in NFL history has received a higher average annual salary. Kansas City could have saved money while taking less of a risk by instead signing Lamarcus Joyner or Adrian Amos, both of whom also excel in coverage.

13. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The chiefs will be in shootouts nearly every week, and that's contingent on the status tyreek hill

14. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    My God man, I haven't seen an arm like he has in twenty /30 years. As the real player evaluaters like to say
    He can make all the throws. And he only played his first season last year. Andy Reid and KC defense is all that will hold back the Chiefs.
    And this is why Honey Badger is so important. If healthy He can make plays.