1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Now they've ruined the off-season too!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    When the Steelers made the ugly news yet again in 2017 regarding the National Anthem the ten of us in a football pool all said we would just drop the pool because our disgust with the NFL in general and the Steelers in particular had reached a point where we just didn't care enough.

Then came the 2018 season and we said we didn't care to do the pool we had done for many years. Seven of the other nine of us are season ticket holders and we were all disgusted with the Steelers shenanigans.

At a golf outing last fall, where most of the ten of us were playing, someone said it really sucks that we used to look forward to the fall/winter even though it was the end of golf season because it was the beginning of football season ........now that is gone.

And now, with March Madness coming, NFL trades occurring, and talk about the draft brewing, I am normally excited to watch sports TV (Golic and Wingo) until I have to do some work. Now ..... I can't stand to watch any sports TV because you can't go 5 minutes without a dissertation about just how idiotic the combined moves of the Steelers have been.

You can say "it's just the media" but before you make that excuse, just remember that the media has endless fodor to lay it's blanket of hype over, the Steelers are the former Browns right now.

Thanks Tomlin and Rooney for ruining football season, and the off season too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Seems somehow familiar to most threads on here of late, no?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I get that it gets old when there is nothing but the sad reality being regurgitated adnauseam, but to pretend like everything is going to be okay, like some people here do, is idiotic and that's why the content is what it is.

If your house was on fire and every firetruck for miles around was there to put it out, I doubt if you and your neighbors would stand around and talk about how nice your lawn looks.

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    There does seem to be a cultural problem with the Steelers. James Harrison, Blount, AB, Bell, etc. I understand the players are responsive for their own actions, but what is happening with our franchise that has allowed these issues to fester?

We used to be the model franchise. We've become a joke though and no one in the organization seems interested in making changes

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Why do you feel like you can’t give it up until everybody agrees with your opinion? You have your opinion others have theirs. We’ll get to see how things play out in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Now this is rich coming from you!

Oh, and BTW, you're wrong!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't remember hearing anyone complaining about James Harrison until he signed with the Patriots, including his team mates. Just sayin'.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Things brings up a great point. Harrison has turned out to be a dick and maybe he was a mal-content for a while. But back even just a few years ago the chicken **** that goes on in every locker room in the NFL was kept out of the news by the Steelers. Now the owner proudly announces it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    279 posts. Are they ALL about how picked on YOU feel because, somehow, Rooney has singled you out?
    Asking for a friend...…..

• Like Like x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

The house was indeed on fire but it's out now and I'm very interested to see how the damage is repaired and how the house is improved on. Maybe the "lean" years have snuck up on us faster than we thought or perhaps not, we'll have to wait and see.

11. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    The owner is a coward and won't fire an inept coach. It's been clear for many years.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I have absolutely no personal feelings about me and Rooney other than the fact that he is acting like a buffoon managing the team I love.

I am utterly fascinated at how you can think the fire is out now, the fire is building and the fire trucks are leaving because it may blow up! Please tell me you don't think that all the Steelers problems were Bell and Brown?

• Like Like x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah I figured I’d be wrong.

14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Are any of you 'disgusted enough' to give up your season tix?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I can answer that. It’s a no.
    They’re all talk no action.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think Colbert too needs to step up.

17. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

Rooneys are a disgrace and have been for a while.... They have ruined this team and if someone says there the gold standard I am gonna puke but what did you expect them to do about the anthem? This is the world we live in and they were caught between a rock and a hard place... Blame them for Bell, blame them for brown, blame them for being cheap and that is the real reason brown and bell are gone but do not blame them for anthem........ My father did 3 tours in Nam, voluntary and has never missed a football game when the kneeling started... Let the liberals act like little bitches.. Be men...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Since the team is up against the salary cap every year, how does that make them cheap?

19. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    I do not know the whole logistics of it but several analysts including peter king said the way they structure there deals especially with guaranteed money that the steelers do it the cheapest way possible. Dont be fooled about the cap space...... that is what they said...........

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Boohoohoo

• Like Like x 2
  21. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Because a guy like Jesse James just got only 8 million less fully gurnateed than what Pittsburgh gave antonio brown just 2 years ago.

22. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Are you really comparing ab and James?

23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    No they dont compare at all. THATS MY POINT in how cheap Pittsburgh is that a guy like James on the open market got only 8 million less fully gurnateed than what Pittsburgh was willing to pay AB fully guranteed. Ab should have gotten 50 million if Jesse got 11.

• Like Like x 1
  24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

The lions overpay for an average at best tight end and you think it makes the Steelers cheap. Stay in school and please don’t procreate

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016

I am pretty sure footballanalyst98 is one of the only ones on this board that has any common sense........... You can not even follow what we are saying.......... Get lost........

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1