1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What if?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Like you, she is oblivious LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    The greatest sports franchise in the world? Uhh ya ok lol.. It's comments like that that make ppl believe there really is the Steeler way and think there held to a higher standard than they really are

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I really don't understand any of what you said other than disputing that the Steelers were at one time the best sports franchise in the world. I'm curious why you would dispute that?

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    He’s like that old man “get off my lawn” down the street, you just get used to him lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What did you do to ruffle his feathers to the blocked extent?

6. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Because u have the Yankees, Celtics and Lakers that would say otherwise

7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I get that those organizations are also in the running but there's no way you can say the Steelers were not. To take what the Steelers were in the 60s and maintain the greatness they did through the Cowher era cannot be disputed.

8. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    There not lol.. Even tho I despise the patriots there a more accomplished football franchise than the Steelers so I'd even put them above the Steelers unfortunately

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You are talking about the current Steelers, I'm talking about the Steelers from the 70s up until Tomlin

10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    To me, greatness would have been over if they would have kept AB and redid his contract to make him the highest paid WR after all of the **** he did.

Dumping AB and not signing Bell is the franchise trying to right itself.

11. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Why are ppl so paranoid and panicking. AB will be replaced just like Hines, Holmes, Wallace, Plexio and etc. Rooney’s hands were cuffed on both deals. What you sit AB and take a 22m cap hit and get nothing to prove a point? No you get what u can and move on. It’s business as usual. It’s over and done. Time to move on to 2019

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Man, I hope you are right!

13. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    I'm talking about overall as a whole. I'd put the Yankees, Celtics, Lakers and pats above the Steelers.. Possibly put the Steelers in the top 5 but not any higher

14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't understand why people don't get this? This isn't about Brown, or Bell, or Bryant, this is about Rooney allowing Tomlin to create a toxic environment

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    We can agree to disagree. I think the Steelers are in there with any of those. Particularly the Yankees, they didn't do it with greatness, they did it with money.

16. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    And the pats did it with cheating but they've been to 10 super bowls so it is what it is I guess

17. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    1. We currently don't have any players like Polamalu & Ward.

2. The NFL's rule changes haven't helped.

3. We had to deal with Brown & Bell's drama.

4. We had some questionable draft choices.

5. An offensive rebuild is on the way.

6. We're still trying to build our defense back to the "Glory Days".

7. Our current coaching staff, maybe the GM as well?

8. Costly mistakes & playing down to our competition.

What else can I say?

18. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I posted this in another thread, but feels appropriate here.

Just curious for all those complaining about Art II and saying with the passing of Dan being the downfall of the Steelers, who ran the the team in the 80’s and early 90’s?? In no way am I trying to besmirch Mr. Dan Rooney, but be real with yourselves. The Rooney’s allow the Front Office and Coach run the team only interjecting if they absolutely need to. Things haven’t turned out for us the way we would have liked the past 4 or 5 years, but don’t talk this nonsense about the Rooney’s. Would you prefer The Jones, Bidwells or Browns???

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Exist lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    For me, the point is simple. It's like the saying "if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck"

FACT Dan faded away from control and Art II rose in control over the past five years
    FACT The Steelers franchise has methodically gone downhill over the past five years.
    Coincidence? I think not.

Hmmmmm I've been leaving the windows open for the past few winters and my gas bill has tripled......I wonder if one has to do with the other? Glenn would tell me that I am being foolish and to just wait and see, the windows will close themselves.

21. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011

You’re flossing over the fact I made of Dan being in charge during the 80’s and early 90’s when we were terrible, how do we know it didn’t turn around when Art II became more involved? Also it was Dan who came to the defense of Harrison’s domestic abuse. Again, in no way do I want to come off as bashing Me.Dan Rooney, I am just trying to defend Art II because I think it’s rididiculous to imply he is causing the downfall of the Steelers because of idiots like Brown and Bell.

22. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    They never were. Lakers, celtics, and yankees always were above them.

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Let me reach out to Glenn to have him tell you you are wrong.:smiley1:

24. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Its facts. Have had better players all time in their sports and won much more in their respective sports.

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I was just messin with on the Glenn thing cause that's what he does. I'm not really disagreeing with you, I'm just saying the Steelers came from the bottom of the barrel to the cream of the crop which is something to be proud of. And then came the circus.