1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's over dude, no team is going to give AB a new deal like the stupid Raiders did.

2. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He had to go, all that let him sit crap is nonsense, who wants to deal with that drama all season long.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    You hope to get a receiver like AB in the first round one year or the next. You would give up much to get just him.

We get a 3 and a 5? Basically comp picks. Really?

He got his way. Bad precedent for years to come...

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Talking nonsense :facepalm:, Ben isn't deciding the HC decisions.

5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Except going to a winning team :shrug:, I hope he enjoys going 6-10 next season :lolol:.

6. Steelerway8511

Steelerway8511 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2018
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Simple. Who is going to be throwing to him at the moment?! Derek Carr. Is Derek Carr in the same league as Big Ben? Not a chance.

For that matter, has Antonio Brown likely cost himself his trip to Canton?! Most definitely. Even if the circulated reports are true regardinf Oakland moving the proverbial heaven and earth to obtain Kyler Murray come to fruition, there is still no guarantee Murrary will be a successful NFL Quarterback.

If this were merely based off of the short term, then yes, Antonio Brown has "won". However, since the 2019 NFL Draft, the aspect that will truly decide if the Brown trade was worth it all, has not occurred and nevermind been truly graded yet, the answer as I see it is still the same:

No.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    The point is Colbert said
    The point is Colbert said many times “The Steelers want significant compensation in a trade for Antonio Brown.”I know the situation deteriorated since that statement on February 22nd to the N.F.L.network but Colbert gave him away for basically peanuts, a far cry from significant compensation!There is a halfway point and Colbert came no where close!!!

9. Mailman

Dec 31, 2017
    Maybe it’s emotion and not logic in my head but when Brown nixed the Buffalo deal we should have called his bluff and told him “we tried to do something that was fair to both parties and it’s just not working outright getting the compensation we think we should get.”Another words,Your ego is too big Antonio for you to quit the game and your honoring your contract.Instead we gave the best receiver in the league away for nothing and he got his way by crying about it.Sets a bad precedent for future players under contract!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    That was negotiation posturing by Colbert. I certainly didn't take that seriously and it doesn't seem any NFL front offices did either.

The amazing part isn't that no one was willing to give up a first, but that very few teams even wanted to have anything to do with Brown period. There was probably less than 6 teams that ever even made an offer.

11. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    We can b!tch and moan all we want, but A Hole B drove his trade value down to the point where Colbert had to take what he could get. At least he's gone and to me, it makes this team easier to root for with him and Bell moving on. Much will have to go right for them to be as competitive as they were with those two, but what did they win with them? Sitting here and rehashing how or why the Steelers got to this point really doesn't provide any comfort. The Steelers are free of them and what they do from here on out is all that really matters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Just heard on the NFL network that no team was offering more than a 3 for Brown... so it is what it is :shrug:

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

If true, just proves what we already knew about AB, he's a selfish clown.

14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    There's no question AB is a piece of garbage of a human being.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I realize it is not a practical idea, but hell rather than just give him away, I would have kept him and made him the most overpaid special teamer in history.

18. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    We got pantsed. Plain and simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    All this immature punk was after was more money..Stats would be second on his list. A super bowl and hall of fame seem to be closer to the bottom. Never once in all his bull**** ramblings did he mention how bad he wanted to win a super bowl. That's because he could care less. Imo he not only sabotaged his future stats.his chances of a title ,and his chance at the HOF .He has also, in the eyes of a lot of peers and fans shown who he really is. Instead of helping young recievers on your team become better so the team succeeds ,he wanted to show them up and prove he was better even tho they were drafted higher than him. This guy is so far from the 6th round pic who said all the right things and climbed the ladder the right way,with hard work. I cant wait for him to realize how good of an offense he has been on his whole career.And guess fn what ab......it wasn't all because of you!...….Out in Oakland Business will be Gloomin!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He wasn’t playing special teams.
    You think he’s been a problem now? I guarantee he would’ve kicked it into overdrive.
    We did the right thing and while I believe he was worth a first round pick I think we were probably lucky to get what we got.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    7 pro bowls, 4 first team all pros, and the best 6 year stretch in NFL history. He will get in canton.

23. Mailman

Dec 31, 2017
    So now every player that throws a hissy fit under a contract (think Brown had two or three years left) let walk away.Brilliant idea front office personnel!The difference between Brown and Bell is Bell knew he’d get a boatload of money by sitting out one year and choose the team and salary of his liking.As unstable as we thought Brown was he would only have two choices if the Steelers didn’t give in to his demands.Not play and not get paid for essentially the rest of his productive years or cool down and do his job when he found out the Steelers wern’t budging If they didn’t get fair value for him.My opinion is he would have conformed to an organization with balls to hold their ground as crybabies change when they don’t get what they want. He loves his money and the spotlight and by him quitting he wouldn’t have gotten that.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So what would you have the front office do?
    You wanna keep him with his antics, have a $22 million cap hit and actually have to pay him his salary this season to just sit him?

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Was that due to his success or Ben's?! We shall soon see.