1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2019.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I highly doubt Ben has that much influence. I can see a OC, but not the HC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    They're probably still waiting on how many Gatorade coolers Oakland will also give them. Although with AB the Raiders should stock up on those.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Possibly better in the locker room. Although still no one has come out to say bad things about AB. The problem is you don't just replace 15 TDs on the field. Oh I know you will get some that say Ben's INTs were ABs fault but the 1,200 yards and the TDs were all Ben. Those were clearly the times he didn't force the ball to him. You can say we will simply spread the ball around and that will make us just as good. Question is ...why wasn't it done when AB was causing double teams? When it would of been even easier? Oh that's right the " unquestioned " leader had no choice but to cave to the " spoiled brat".
    Ben deserves credit for a 5,00 yard season but deserves equal blame for being home for the playoffs.
    He deserves all the positives he gets but he deserves to wear the negatives as well. That's all I'm saying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Wish we could've gotten a better return on the trade, but AB himself was only a 5th rd pick, so who knows what we'll find....
    As for AB...... someone is about to get a huge dose of reality this upcoming season

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
  6. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Lately we've had some bad busts. But no one has ever been able to accurately predict how every drafted player will progress in the NFL. Is it our drafts that have been horrible or our player progression system? Or better said our lack of a decent player progression system.

We suck at getting the most of of our defensive draft picks on a consistent basis. Some of that is on the player and a lot of it is on poor coaching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Me too. If you let Colbert keep talking though ,Ben may reach Dalai Lama status....

• Like Like x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Will Colbert also refer to the rest of the players as kids?

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think he was just sending a message to AB that they had Ben’s back in the situation.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Trellaine

Trellaine Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Wow this is ridiculous! Would have rather him sit and rot on the bench. He got exactly what he wanted. We got hosed. Terribly handled by the Steelers!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This!
    Brown is going to the team where careers go to die! These ain't your father's Raiders!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018

Hurts almost as bad as the sb loss.

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Is that what they call baby Llamas? Or is that just for goats?:hehehe:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm sure that was his intent but he went way over the top. To the point of denigrating the rest of the team.IMO

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I think its safe to assume this is a done deal even though it's not official until Wednesday.

AB is off his rocker right now...can you imagine the uproar if the Steelers pulled the offer?

Although Rooney and Colbert would gain back a little respect back from me if they had the balls to do this...I don't think anyone in the Steelers organization wants to go down that path. It would be interesting to sit back and watch should it happen though.

16. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I dont like the deal like most folks here but maybe we could package the 3rd and/or 5th and swap 1's with someone in the top 10 and land Devin White or another much needed stud. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's a deal in principle but any number of things could void it such as a failed physical or drug test.

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Might be there thinking...... but i would hold on to the 3n5 and maybe trade it for a 2nd round pick

19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree. The next CBA will have to include rules to prevent this from ever happening again.

20. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Whether AB got what he wanted or not is largely irrelevant to what the Steelers should have done. You can try to **** AB over but that would be at the expense of the team. If you thought the Bell situation was bad it would have been nothing compared to a pissed AB being on the team all year. Unlike Bell AB would have been in the locker room pissing in everyone's cheerios all season long. The Steelers were in a no win situation and did what was in their best interests. I know it is annoying that AB seemingly got what he wanted but again you don't do something just to screw him over if it leaves the team in a worse spot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    At least he’s gone. It’s like waking up from successful surgery for testicular cancer, you’re so happy to be alive you dont care that you lost a nut. If they trade that third plus their first to move up, and then draft Nick Bosa I’d consider it a good deal. Ain’t gonna happen but dreams are free.....

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well the Raiders weren't going to give up one of those first round picks, his value dropped, with him also wanting a new deal with guaranteed money.

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Atleast some people can think out of the box.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You have a link? ProFootballTalk posted that crap, it seems to me they were speculating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Absolutely disgusted with this team. They made it clear they wouldn't trade him unless it was in their best interest. A 3rd and a 5th is not nearly enough. They bowed to his behaviour.

They should have kept him, key him continue to self-destruct and then try and get his salary back for conduct detrimental to the team.

They shouldn't have given into him unless it benefited the team. This trade doesn't benefit the team much

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1