1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2019.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know. Reports coming out of Oakland has Gruden(Chucky) saying....getting the best WR in the NFL for a 3rd and a 5th was....Child's Play.:hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Petition time?

3. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    That would make sense if teams were lining up and bidding high on AB. They weren't. So what was their options? Take what they could get and wash their hands of a bad apple. Two picks and avoiding another Bell situation isn't getting screwed by a long shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    By getting rid of AB, the Steelers just got a little better without even drafting one single player or picking up a free agent. That's a win for the Steelers in my book.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    For me, this draft combined with the success of the upcoming season will determine Ben, Colbert and Tomlin marriage. Significant compensation??
    AB played them very smart. AB knew Ben wanted to him gone or he would be gone. So that explains why he continued to run his mouth to scare off as many as possible to where the Steelers have no choice but to take whatever in a trade or lose Ben. What a joke!
    The classic franchise with good culture is about to come to an end. I am losing faith in our leadership in the entire organization. It's obvious it's not the same. Not even close....sad

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe after the players strike?

7. Sojourner

Jun 25, 2015
    The win would be them drafting a couple of guys on D that can come in and really help the team.

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It depends on if Ben wants Tomlin to get an extension. If Ben wants to see another SB, then Tomlin might not be his choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. ROBLISBERGER

ROBLISBERGER Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

Ive said this a million times to many friends of mine. JuJu had the better matchup that's why he said throw it to him 4 times not a dis to AB... As far as AB drifting he also said this is what I told AB. So if he told AB then went on the radio show talking about it how is that throwing AB under the bus? The media blew these statements up and AB ran with it. Throw in the fact that he had no more guaranteed money left on his remaining contract and that's the **** s*** show we all just witnessed

10. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Idk I just feel like Steelers just became the poster child of letting players do what they want and get what they want.. A third and a fifth is basically nothing for one of the best receivers in the game. If your gonna get hardly nothing for him might as well just send him to Buffalo to piss him off.. I'm sure they wouldn't mind risking to see if ab shows up and only giving up a third or 5th

11. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Someone has to take the blame for this outrages deal. Lower draft picks for the best receiver in the NFL, AB is laughing big time all the way to the bank and he really played the Steelers front office. The Steelers are setting back now sucking their thumbs and AB is off to the west coast in his private jet with the biggest pay check and set for life. He is a great receiver and does deserve a huge contract but it just makes me scratch my head trying to figure out how a team like the Steelers who had the best running back and receiver in the league and now poof they are both gone. How do people in the front office and head coach keep their jobs letting things like that happen, they are supposed to build a winning team not tear a team down. Anyway I wish AB the best and hope he is successful with the Raiders, but he will come back to haunt the Steelers when the two teams play again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    That wouldn't help if the cancer was still spreading in the locker room.

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Yes. AB won his battle but lost the war for future prospects such as FootballAnalyst. Believe me, the owners paid attention to his sh1tshow for a money grab.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  14. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I sadly have no faith on whoever is evaluating the defensive talent we are drafting. Other than shazier, Heyward, and watt all of the picks have been BUSTS. Not just bad but BUSTS. Artie, Davis, Dupree, Jarvis, senquez golson, etc.. all are busts if you ask me

15. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    In theory.

In reality, they have drafted only four useful defensive players in the last 10 years so the odds of that suddenly changing — with the same coaching staff, the same GM, and the same reluctance to employ advanced statistical analysis — are remote.

The journey back to NFL relevance cannot start until the leadership of the team changes. They are not equipped to lead a successful rebuilding plan.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Sojourner

Jun 25, 2015
    I get that you're upset about the whole situation. I am as well.

But it's one thing to get upset and rant a little bit and another to use logic, reason and common sense. Buffalo walked away from the trade so the Steelers couldn't do any more with them.
    If you want to be upset about something be upset about the fact that Rooney and Tomlin let the culture slip so badly that when AB started his crap they didn't nip it in the bud.
    Most of the blame for this fiasco falls on AB but not all of it.

Hopefully Bell and AB have taught them a lesson and they change for the better.

Hopefully. I won't be holding my breath over it though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Not saying you're wrong and the feeling could be mutual. What would really be sad is the QB dictating who his HC is. If Ben indeed has that much power,we aren't winning another SB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    getting rid of your best player doesnt make your team better...

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    But change is bad don't you understand?

21. Sojourner

Jun 25, 2015
    Colbert has a history of great drafts. I'm not giving up hope on him getting some good guys in.

22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I agree that is too much power for a player. My reasoning is that the Rooneys are going to ride Ben out rather than Tomlin imo.

23. Sojourner

Jun 25, 2015
    Why the heck would Ben want Tomlin gone? Tomlin and Ben are on the same page at this point. Ben does pretty much whatever he wants and if we had a better D these last few years we'd have at least one more ring.

24. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    We have done great offensively. Defensively has been terrible as of the last 5 years or so.

25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Lately he has not.