1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    My point is that the draft is over rated somewhat. You just gave another example. There are a hand full of elite draft picks that we usually don't get a chance to pick but find others that excel. This is water under the bridge at this point so I just look to the FO to find those other players and move on. It would have been great to get a first round pick, but we didn't. This whole AB drama just needs to go away.

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Couple of things.

1. lol
    2. Steelers organization is a joke
    3. Maybe Ben is the real problem
    4. Can’t wait for the next chapter

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Will this thread replace the other AB mega thread and set a new record.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree I am ready to move on from him but I feel like the steelers could so screw him. All they have to do is say you are costing us 21 if we trade you and 22 if we keep you. So either accept any trade or stay here. If he holds out we fine his butt but hopefully it would force the Raiders to give more. I do not like the compensation we got for him.

5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    We was never going to get a 1st round pick for AB, what you all thought his trade value was way over inflated he had to much baggage for that to happen, plus the age factor, we traded Holmes for a 5th round pick remember that, and as I recall everybody was furious over that deal as well, just be glad he's gone and now we have 3 extra picks in this draft with gilberts 6 pick, lets move on from this circus caused by these two morons........

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Agreed money paid for future performance. I think the money paid out and the cap hit is pretty darn close.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Statistically, teams are more apt to find greater talent in the 1st round than any other round during the draft. They should have stuck to their guns when it came to saying that they needed a 1st round pick for AB. But in the end, AB completely screwed the Steelers by going full blown AWOL over the past couple weeks. At this point I hope he has permanent brain damage instead of just putting on an act in order to exit any way possible.

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

It's got a long way to go. My money is on No.

9. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011

You don’t think if he had kept his mouth shut starting back in week 17, and had gone into Colbert privately and told him that he wanted this to go down, that we wouldn’t have gotten a 1st?

His actions the past three months is exactly what cost us a 1st IMO...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    nothing is done yet and maybe this is incentive for another team to up the ante to a second or better. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Nope

12. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I said that he wanted more money, that's the reason for this **** show. He was just scapegoatting Ben.

YOU said that could be the case IF he had asked for more money and they said no.

I said that he would look bad if he did that one year after signing an extension.

Go back 1 page and follow the thread.

Sheeesh.....

13. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Alright then. Agree to disagree...

14. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Are these the quotes or was there other quotes? Really, I still just don't see these as being huge deals. In fact, I almost prefer this over seeing a QB giving a tongue lashing rage on the sideline during the game. When I see Brady do that I just go what an a**. In regards to throwing 4 times to JuJu. He probably felt that was the best matchup. Denver stuffed the run on 2nd down. If you going to throw that close to goaline, which they haven't had much success with in recent years, why not go to the receiver who wouldn't be doubled, has the greater height and has also played great all year. On goaline, AB is master of the short run cut to outside catch, I guess Denver was covering for that.

“(Harris) did undercut AB, so who knows what would’ve happened,” Roethlisberger said Tuesday on 93.7 The Fan. “That’s why I talked to AB and said ‘AB, you have to come flat. You can’t drift in the end zone because those undercuts can happen.’ So would he have had a chance to intercept it? Yes, I definitely think he would’ve had a chance. I can’t control that guy. I can only control the safety.”

“He has to make (the catch),” Roethlisberger said in the radio show. “I just think he didn't trust his hands. For some reason, he jump slash dove. I'm not really sure what he was doing. We looked at it. Coach got on him pretty good yesterday. We took a long, hard look at it. James needs to run through that, and it's a touchdown.”

“I think we should’ve went to (Smith-Schuster) four straight plays

• Like Like x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    True. At this point it’s being reported as only a verbal agreement.

16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You left out the part where Ben blamed Pouncey for blocking too good.

17. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Very good point that i never thought of...

18. Francoboy

Francoboy Active Member

Dec 5, 2017
    You don't remember cause it never happened. Ben has been amazingly quiet while his reputation and leadership have been attacked.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Well the browns get to pass the torch of laughing stock of the NFL over to the Steelers now. At least they get to keep that title going in the AFC North.. The Steelers are pathetic with the way they handled all of this and they honestly just make me sick at this point

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Lol, until they start replacing the QB every 6 games and management every other season, they are not the Browns.

And I don't know how they could have handled it any differently besides calling his bluff and allowing him to become a distraction that could very well linger into next season. They've been crucified in the media and among the fans for doing exactly that (call his bluff) with Le'veon Bell. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben > Tomlin & Colbert. Colbert is no dummy. ( at this point in time )

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    "Laughing stock of the nfl"......Get a grip dude..Step down off the ledge..Just as pissed as everybody over the compensation , but this fn child had to go!

• Like Like x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Overreact much?

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It depends on what AB wanted. New guaranteed money? Only thing he won.

25. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh day!!!:facepalm::roflmao: