1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Time to be a team again, Tomlin who I have no time for needs to
    get control some how, some way and end this individualism that
    has cost the Steelers dearly these past several years.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Quit complaining everyone. Look at the players through the league who have been drafted in the 3rd-6th rounds. AB was taken in the 6th and Juju in the 3rd for example. Most wr Ben gets, he turns to gold. Have faith and let’s get back to Steelers football.

3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I doubt that this is over. The next malcontent on the team has the blueprint on how to screw the team and get what you want. You haven’t seen the last of this kind of garbage.

4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    The only saving grace for me is.... Oakland is the armpit of the NFL..... 1 season with a winning record in over 10 years. Funny to me that AB nixed buffalo for Oakland. Can’t say Oakland has ever been a franchise known for ‘respect’ like they say AB was looking for. Teams have moved out of Oakland twice and they currently have no stadium to play in. He will disappear into the night just like Jordy Nelson did.

5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Iwould rather his <edit> ass got fired, and (know i did not mean that in a racest way)

Mod Edit: You may not have meant it that way but that is how it will be interpreted. Please refrain from making inflammatory comments. Thank you.

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Hard to say. I'd still probably rank him top 10 but hes no longer at that elite level. Still better than most though.

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    My guess was the money

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Some people act as if Antonio Brown was given away. If he was, he would have been gone a long time ago for essentially nothing. Kevin Colbert started out the asking price high and went lower each time. He got the best he could for him in the end. Ultimately speaking however, the deal overall still does stink.

In the end though, Antonio Brown had worn out his welcome in Pittsburgh. As shocking as this is going to sound for some, I truly do wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavours. For that matter, I hope he has found what he has been seeking all along the same.

With all this behind, Pittsburgh now has no more looming distractions on the team. That being said, it is as you said, go hard for a Wide Receiver; Golden Tate or otherwise. If it turns out to be someone with the Steelers First Pick, so be it.

9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    C'mon man, you really need to rethink this. There's no need for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

First off JUJU was taken in the second and the steelers had him ranked as best receiver in draft so they got lucky... Second more than 50 percent of the players taken in the third and after turn out to be busts. You do not let the best receiver in football go for a third and a fifth and it is now being reported that blew up 3 deals for them not one.... Steelers are a disgrace today.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I can't imagine something like this getting done without the blessing of ownership. The real weakness in the Steelers' leadership is at the top.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Until the Steelers start paying people the high gurantees like the rest of the teams except the Patriots do, this will be a recurring theme.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What were the other deals you mentioned?

14. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

Steelers have a pretty damn good track record drafting receivers. AB was a huge headache. The Steelers only lost on giving him that signing bonus. AB will be trash in oakland

15. Francoboy

Francoboy Active Member

Dec 5, 2017
    The tantruming toddler got his way.
    Don't make the mistake I did and read his social media. All the stars lining up to congratulate him.
    The Steelers looking foolish.
    Ugh

16. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    No, the Steelers (Patriots) way is just fine. The Steelers just got sidetracked recently and played around with highly talented yet questionable character guys. They went from employing slightly better than average guys who were of high quality and character who put the team first (Hines/Bettis/Clark), to the flashy superiorly talented, yet selfish me first guys (you all know who). They just need to get back to that and I think that they've learned their lesson.

The Patriots did the same thing for a few years when they flirted with Moss. Yep, high powered flashy, unstoppable offense....that won ZERO Super Bowls. They've gone back to a bunch of lunchpail workmen kind of guys and look at what's happened.

It's kind of like the guy whose got an average looking, average build wife. She works, takes care of the kids, and gives her all to the marriage. She's not flashy but the two of them have a great life. Then he starts banging the hot babysitter. Yep it's something new, something different, and fun as hell....until she gets all psycho, then the guys world becomes a mess.

Unlike the domestic scenario though, the Steelers can now simply go back to the old way of doing things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Patriots have belichick and Brady. Steelers do not. Cant compare what they do to anyone else. Ben is not the leader Brady is and Tomlin is not the coach belichick is. They cant get away with that because Brady always takes less and guys literally would rather retire and instead of not playing with Brady. No one would ever say that about Ben the guy who won a sb mvp with him has even publicly called him out on numerous occasions. If he doesn't like Ben who will?

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Poppycock. Why haven't they had more trouble with other players regarding contracts? I'll tell you why, decent human beings don't behave the way AB just did.

Steelers went above and beyond to get AB more money, broke their own policy and in the end where did it get them? AB ended up costing them money that they didn't have to part with.

• Like Like x 1
  19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    In the last 5 years or so? What other top player have we had besides Ben, ab, and bell? I'm not talking 10 years ago. This is a new era now in sports. We see it in both the NBA and NFL. Players trying to gain more control of their money and destiny.

20. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    The Steelers got away with it for all of the 90s and all of the 00s not only with Ben, but with the likes of Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Turnover, and Mike Tomszack,

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    This isnt the 90s. Players are taking a different approach this day and age. That's why you are seeing things happen that never happened. Pittsburgh thought the guys thought like the guys from the 90s. Different era. NE will no longer get away with it either once Brady and belichick is gone.

22. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Thats what everybody said when we traded Holmes for a 5th round pick, the raiders was the only team willing to trade for AB, as far as the dead money we was going to be stuck with that no matter who we traded with, we have 3 extra picks with gilberts 6 pick that can be useful in this draft, you all may as well live with what we got for AB because we cant change that, if they use these picks wisely we can have a good draft, so get over it we got rid of two spoiled players who wasnt going to contribute enough to get us to the SB anyway i'm happy with this outcome, good riddence....

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We actually saved 1 million in cap space as opposed to his cost if he was on the team next season.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You do know the Raiders are moving to Vegas next year?

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Has more to do with who AB and Bell are as people. Guarantee you that we won't see JuJu or Conner behave this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.