1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011

The team right now is probably as healthy as it has been in 4 years.... admittedly we have taken a hit on talent, but I think we are better off now then last year. Washington needs to take the next step, juju needs to learn to be a #1, conner and samuels are going to be more comfortable next year. The offense will be fine, don’t forget all the complaining the past 4 years about how the offense has underachieved and not lived up to its potential, could that be because we were trying to keep brown happy and forcing Bell when he needed a break?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe I'm just a vindictive SOB, but I would have tagged Bell again just on general principle. And I would have kept Brown and just not play him... ever. Have fun sitting with no money for 2 years to both of them.

Started with Blount and Harrison. Now everyone knows how you get yourself a better deal from the Steelers. And the rest of the league soon to follow. This will start a major trend. And then they'll wonder why owners won't agree to guaranteed contracts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Dexter, stop. Just stop. You're fooling yourself. The Steelers just took a huge cap hit. They traded away one of the top 10 players in the game for scraps. They are significantly worse and the front office showed it doesn't have the guts to stand up to star players.

I'm not sure I've ever been more embarrassed by the team than I am right now.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018

Dont see it around the league because the Steelers and Patriots are the only two teams that conduct contracts how they do.

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And hold 40+ million against the cap for 2 guys that wont play?

6. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Tomlin kept throwing up game plans with the best rb and receiver in the game for a 4 year period and still couldnt sniff the Super Bowl.

What does his ass do now? He cant run a decent defense and he is a defensive guy?

Every game comes down to his defense choking the game away.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. dexter402

Nov 3, 2011

Seriosuly... what should they have done?? People keep saying that the steelers were schooled, but what should they have done in the Brown situation? You say other players will know what to do To get what they want, other players aren’t as talented as Brown, having said that even though he is talented, not having him on our team makes us better, but also makes the Raiders better, it happens.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm still embarrassed by the fact we lost TWO hall of fame caliber talents because we want to rest on laurels from 30 years ago.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Keep him. Call his bluff. It was the only option that didn't involve total failure. They chose failure.

The Steelers are not better with Brown gone. That's a ridiculous statement. If you really believe that, you really bring no logic to the conversation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Did I stutter? What part of "vindictive SOB" didn't you get? :lolol:

I didn't say it was smart business. ;) But it would send a HUGE message.

• Like Like x 2
  11. dexter402

Nov 3, 2011

And what if he came back? How would he be received in the locker room. You are trying to live in a black and white world, that’s not how reality works. He shows up and divides the team. He had to be gone after he quit on them week 17. That is the one thing where they screwed up, shouldn’t have paid him, other then that getting a 3rd and a 5th for a player that teams knew we HAD to get rid of and wants to be paid a new contract, I feel they did as well as they could in a losing situation.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And because those personalities are rare. Takes a special kind of dickhead to act like that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    For all we know Rooney gave him a directive to get the best deal you can for him but make sure he's gone. He spit in Rooneys face by refusing his calls, after Rooney bent their own rules to get AB more money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I don’t like the fact that we only got a 3rd and a 5th, but it’s over. Time to move one. For AB, all I have to say is meet your new QB

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Mike Mayock raked the Steelers over the coals.

AB is the gift that keeps on giving.

16. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I don't believe Bell is a HoF'er but I get your point. We lost two of our best players and got basically nothing in return. A 3rd and a 5th for Brown. It is unbelievable to me that this front office got basically nothing for both of these guys. I'm happy they are both gone, but man I expected a lot more. This front office is terrible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Very bad management throught all this.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's what coaches are for. If Tomlin can't handle it, he needs to go.

You just aren't getting it. This clearly establishes a disastrous precedent. This is the worst possible outcome for the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Whoever made the decision on this trade screwed up big time. It's a terrible precedent. It will not only cost the team dearly in 2019, it will hurt the team in future contract disputes. Players know the Steelers are a team that caves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Just need Tomlin to quit and it be a great offseason.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    6E25596C-6F82-4040-A785-469BFF6F9C38.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    he was a product of the steelers and it will show ..the raiders have holes everywhere and ain't going to be fun for him..he will be throwing juice jugs again mid season. hes 31 which also had an impact on the compensation. is what it is. steelers can make moves and compete and I look forward to it. quest for 7!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    He's still one of the best in the game.

Or do you want to give the reigns to an unproved 3rd or 4th round draft pick?

24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I hate to say it, but I agree. If people don't think Gruden and Antonio are going to butt heads they are delusional. There are some major fireworks brewing.

After all this ridiculousness, I'm glad they got a 3rd and 5th round pick. I thought they'd get a 2nd, but I underestimated how the market plummeted with Brown.

And I will add for good reason. He is a cancer. We got something for him. Win and move on.

The Steelers get a fresh start which will be GOOD. Have faith and watch it all play out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Im glad it's over. Antonio Brown.......................You are dead to me!

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.