1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    It does matter because you said a talent of his caliber is worth that much but not factoring age. Also like I told you PITTSBURGH was not in a position of power. That's why they gave him away for just a 3rd. They knew it was no way that the team could bring him back and think they would win. Players are normally worth a first when they are younger and also when the other team is trying to pry the player away from the team like how Odell was.

2. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I think they were lucky to get that. I thought 4th rounder at best like moss at 30 was worth.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Martavis Bryant was worth a 3rd? AB is only 5th round better.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He thinks he's coming out on top now but karma will get this piece of garbage.

AB in Vegas, what could go wrong.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He got his money at least which seemed to be his biggest concern. No way we were paying him anything close to that. Hopefully we can hold onto other hof talent in the future.

6. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    The Steelers let themselves get screwed over by this turd. They lost the #9 pick and end up with a 3rd round and 5th round pick?? Really?? I would have forced him to be a no show. They got played. This all started when they caved to Blount and Harrison. The Bell garbage didn’t help.

All we can really say is at least he’s gone. I hope he blows out a knee in practice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He's the best WR in football. No one is saying he was worth a top 10 pick but late round, absolutely and would have gotten that if he wasn't trying to sabotage his value which he obviously succeeded at. Guarantee you Buffalo was at least a 2nd rd.

3rd is a joke.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    As AB says , karma , it’s called karma.

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    If he never acted like dat hed still be in pitt and we'd be looking forward to next season

10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure hope the 2 draft picks make the team and contribute.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They had that meeting and agreed to part ways before the most damaging stuff came out. AB was gone when he quit on the team. Rooney said right after the season that it would be hard to envision AB back here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I thought a first round for AB was a sure thing when this started out. The more and more it went along and the more and more he sabotaged his trade value, I am surprised we got what we did. Cooper fetched a late first round pick because he is 24, and also not going to demand to be paid 20 million a year, that is ridiculous. Don’t forget that Randy Moss only fetched a 4th rounder in a very similar scenario.The raiders third is like a late second rounder. Those are the positives I take from this trade.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I find it hard to believe if he tried to mend fences and work it out he wouldnt have came back.

14. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    They got reared by Bell and Brown. They have set a precedent that they are clueless on how to run a team. They still have the one guy that actually needs to go calling the shots.

You lose the number 1 receiver and running back in the month of March, bell will be gone soon, and all you have to show for it is a 3rd rounder. Good work idiots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He didn't want to be back, it was always about money.

So again, his behavior ruined his value. He was never going to be back regardless.

16. soulkitchen

soulkitchen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Sorry dude is 31, a complete headache, and a liability to himself and the team he plays for. A third and a fifth is a gift from the raiders that will keep on giving through 2019. Brown will be a basket case by week 5 in Oakland. Gruden is like our Santa Claus. 3rd rounder for Bryant and takes this lunatic off our hands.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Timbrr

Timbrr Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Just out, he's a Raider for a 3rd and 5rd round pick

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    What would you have had them do??? They offered to make Bell the highest paid RB... TWICE, he declined. What could they have down with Brown?? Disable his Instagram? The Steelers did what they could in both situations, no matter how much you want it, they can’t control grown men. Harrison, Brown and Bell are possibly theee of the most talented Steelers ever, also turns out they are theee of the biggest scum bags. Or tonsoind like an old man, but that’s what this generation is now and I expect it to happen more with other teams and players.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They need to be smart about who they bring to the team and seem to be making an effort to do that. The last couple drafts have been high character people.

The one silver lining in this is it takes a certain personality to behave the way AB and Bell have. It's not a league wide problem. The Terrell Owens and AB's of the world are far and few between.

Hopefully we have seen the last of this with the final piece of cancer cut out of the locker room.

20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Wow this team is a ****ing mess,

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    AB just liked this tweet : lost for words. Good riddance.

22. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    How does this affect our salary cap? With Bell and Brown gone, surely we have room to go out and get someone, right?

23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers handled this horribly. I already thought Tomlin should go. Now I believe it is time to move on from Colbert, too. There is no excuse for getting so little for Brown. If this is the best they could do, they should have kept him. They got pennies on the dollar, took a big cap hit, gave Brown everything he wanted and showed that they will cave whenever a player throws enough tantrums. It is time to clean house and move on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Possible brain trauma or no, I'm done with this clown and if his career ends with a nasty turn of events (injury, arrest, drugs, whatever), I won't shed a tear for him.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Of course he liked it. He won. He thoroughly kicked Colbert's ass even though the team had more leverage. Rooney won't do it, but he should fire Colbert tomorrow.

This isn't even anger talking, though I am angry. Colbert just proved he can't get the job done anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.