1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio brown prediction

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TOMSTEEL88, Mar 8, 2019.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Colbert is full of it but I guess that's what you have to say. There's no way in hell he would be traded in the division or to NE. They would take anyone else's 2nd over NEs first....well except for NEs 2nd:smiley1:

2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What if AB is only willing to play ball for a NE caliber team? (which is basically NE)
    Do the Steelers try to bring him back? Or call his retirement bluff, like they did with Bell?
    What if NE offers their 1 and 2, no conditions?;+)

3. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

Yea OK---------- Pencil this in right now 120 catches 1800 yds and 17 tds if he goes with the GOAT or rodgers

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    And they will not send him to the patriots........ Word on the street is either the steelers or giants are playing the season opener on thursday night in new england........

5. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    As I just said in another post I believe if he had a choice he would go straight to NE. I stand by my opinion that they would never trade him to NE unless it was a Herschel Walker type trade. How terrible would it be to see NE pass us with AB on the team? That's a nightmare scenario Rooney would never take a chance on seeing. I always like to think that any situation like this can be fixed if both parties had the right attitude needed to mend fences. Nobody was killed right?. The problem is that there is too much ego involved on both sides and only one can seemingly win. Respect was lost somewhere along the way and now pride will end any hopes of reconciliation.

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    AB would know the moment he steps in the door what NE is. Look at how ocho and moss acted there. Model citizens. And Brady would also make it his way to make AB feel comfortable. They'd have a much better relationship than he and Ben had.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was hopeful things could be hashed out, until the AB ESPN interview. His responses and contradictions told me that he's not thinking straight.
    Also, when AB went rouge week 17, a Steelers player was quoted as saying it threw the whole team off (which was witnessed in the Bengals game) and he was so distraught over the situation that he didn't feel like playing in that game. How is that going to play out over the course of a season?

8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Bingo it's all ego and pride. Steelers are worried about the history and name of the team and think they are being disrespected by players. So they have stare contest to see who will blink first. Same scenario with leveon and he made so they had no choice but to no longer tag him by holding out.

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Prediction is Brown to the Raiders for their 2nd round 35th overall pick and possibly a later round pick.

The Raiders were in trade talks and then backed out. That tells me they did not want to give a 1st rounder for Brown and the Steelers were not budging from it. The Bills trade fell through though, and then I think think they got back into talks.

Gruden needs to start winning to justify his salary. I think he's in a Mike Ditka/Saints position where he's looking at the potential to get arguably one of the best WRs at a bargain. No one in the draft is standing out as the type of caliber player Brown is.

I think it's too much for him to look over, and I think he has the ego to think that he can control Brown. It'd give Carr and a potential 1st round QB picked up this year a solidified #1 target for a couple years.

10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I hear ya trust me. Still after all this you don't hear any teammates coming out and trashing him. In fact they were just flocking to Florida to work out with him. Is he out of his mind right now? Probably. Is he the evil villain so much so that people want to see bad things happen to him? No.

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    What is the FO or owner saying about Brown? You got called on your your ridiculous statement. So prove it or you're just as delusional as AB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

If their playoff wins start drying up, like they did in Pitt, who cares if AB gets 240 catches 3600 yds and 34 TDs. Remember he had a HOF QB here too, and they won squat.

13. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I don't want him there. Also, their HOF QB almost always wins when he has the ball last with a shot to win. He rarely turns the ball over too. I hope AB lands anywhere but NE, BAL or CIN.

14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Ithought the Steelers said they would not trade him to the pats, or anyone they played regulary.... where is all the Brown to pats talk comimng from

15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I'm not suggesting AB is the cause of all the Steelers woes. But here he had a HOF QB!, the best RB in the league! And the best OL in the league! And the offense was up/down in playoff games. NE changes up their style game to game, suppose they decide to run the ball 45 times because that what D gives them. AB will be Mr Pouty on the sideline. AB will hinder NE, so hope goes there, he'll bring them down. But somehow I think Coach B ain't interested.

16. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I didn't suggest that you implied that AB was cause of our woes. I can assure you that if he winds up in NE, the Evil B's (Brady and Belicheat) will find ways to get him the ball. And they will be more of a threat to get that 7th ring.