1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Good to see the Steelers cutting out the cancers in the locker room.

2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Apparently AB likes the prospect of not having to pay state income tax in Nevada.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Don't know if anyone knows this but there's a huge Steeler fan base in Las Vegas. He will get booed in his new stadium if it is the Raiders.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I have a “Killer B’s” t-shirt I bought in Pittsburgh if anyone is interested...;)

5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    For kindling?

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I thought Rooney said they'd address Tomlin's extension later in the off season, I don't remember him saying they aren't planning on extending him.
    Rooney doesn't seem to be proactive like the Steelers of old. He's more reactive, and I'm thinking it may be too little too late for the current roster, coaches ect.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    AB would love Vegas, he's not going to nix that deal.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The more this drags out, the more clear it becomes that this is about money. I think Brown is actually trying to drive down his trade value, thinking a team is more likely to pay him what he wants if they didn't have to give up as much to the Steelers in the trade. Drive the cost in talent and draft picks down so the team will go higher in terms of guaranteed money.

If the Steelers don't get the first-round pick they wanted, they have been played. Again. It is just as bad as the way Blount and the Patriots played them and it's an embarrassment.

There are reports out there that Brown's demands scuttled one earlier in the week and then the deal with the Bills last night. It is utterly ridiculous for the Steelers to give him what he wants at this point.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Several beat writers and AB himself are saying a trade is coming tonight. That was an hour ago.

10. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    just end it already.. i seriously can't believe we managed to have a bigger **** show than Bell this season.. who would have thought that?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The bills deal supposedly was just for a 1sr rd draft swap. Their 20 for the bills 9... + A late round pick or conditional middle rd pick. Up to y'all how'd you have felt about it.

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Like they didn't even give us a courtesy reach around.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I would have taken it.... we haven’t had a top 9 pick in years.

Still sticking with my raiders prediction of a 2nd this year and conditional 2020

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    At one point I was dreaming of swapping with the Jets like that... Maybe with is throwing in a later round too... Then maybe us trading down.anfew slots.

Ah well... Unicorns and all that

15. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    So over this, as we ALL are.

But let’s not forget what he tweeted 2nd week of season. “Trade me and find out.” Then he gets wind of Buffalo and got scairt. What an effin hypocrite.

Hate to be spiteful, but I’m rooting for these two clowns AB and Bell to absolutely suck elsewhere. They have NO clue how good they had it in the ‘Burg. Good riddance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    That deal would have been awesome. The defense could use a top player.

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This whole thing is really sad. It’s really a shame that it’s come to this.
    With that said AB is a freakin moron.

The fans are the real losers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Was Blount getting arrested for marijuana possession earlier that same season also part of this conspiracy? Is that how he knew they'd release him for leaving the locker room early after the game, knowing that they didn't bench him for even one game after the weed bust?

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If that's really the territory they are in, the Steelers folded and I'm fed up to the point that I'm wondering if Colbert should go along with Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That was before his playing time dried up, which is why he wanted out. If you don't think the Steelers were played on that one, you either weren't paying attention or you don't know what you are talking about.

21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Both of those things are probably true but Blount premeditating his way back to New England, probably not.

22. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Unfortunately that’s where we are now because of all the damage that has been done by AB!We don’t hold the cards anymore and we have to take what we can get!Because of the way things have played out getting the 9Th pick in the draft would have been good!Two months ago I would have laughed at the Bills for that offer.

23. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    For all of those fools rooting for AB to "get his," you realize he's hurting everyone for the future, right?

The big buggaboo for the NFL going forward is guaranteed money. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would agree to guaranteed money for ANYONE if all they have to do is act the fool to get a new team or new contract?!?!

The Steelers shouldn't trade him. They should keep him inactive for the next 2 years and refuse to pay him one single dime. And the NFL should back them on that. You don't get to act like a total jagoff, kill your own team and any chance they had to get fair compensation for you. They own your rights. Sit down. Shut up. Don't like it? Maybe you shouldn't have signed that contract.

Players that want guaranteed money should FIRST show why they deserve it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please. He even made comments that suggested it.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If it was the 20th pick and Brown for the 9th, that really isn't that much value, not for Brown.

The Steelers do still hold the cards, but I wonder if they realize it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.