1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Grow a pair

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by tyler christopher, Mar 8, 2019.

1. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Enough is enough-------- Time for the rooneys to grow some balls and do not trade Brown at all.... Let him rot on the bench but something tells me he will not even show up and we will get all his money back. I have been the biggest brown defender cause I think Tomlin and and Big douche are half the problem but enough is enough..... It is time to control these divas or they will control the league.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    There is too much money at stake for that to happen. I do agree with you though, I'd say not to even let him on the bench, make him inactive every week, it wouldn't take long for him to get infuriated!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    He better get that personal message business up and running if that happens because hell be outta money in 3 years and ill love seeing him at the local 7/11 giving his interview about his fall from grace

• Like Like x 1
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This is how I feel.

I'll stop watching football if Steelers players start pulling this stuff every year or every other year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2016
    ESPN is now saying that AB has a "say so" in which team he goes to? Good grief Steelers..!!! what a mess..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    This falls squarely on Tomlin for his enablement. Only way Tomlin gets any kind of pass is if he was instructed from higher up to let AB act this way. We will never know cause no coach (especially one still employed) is going to speak up against an owner like that. He would never work in the NFL again if he did.

At the same time Art is even more to blame. He is supposed to be hands on as far as being involved with the team. So either he knew this was going on? He sanctioned it or ordered it or if he was oblivious to it then tomlin should be gone immediately.

That’s the biggest issue here is how this has been allowed to happen not once but two seasons in a row and absolutely no accountability from the coach on up.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  7. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    So then your only option might be to give him to the packers for nothing....... Yea let him get his way so he could have 120 receptions for 1800 yds and 18 tds with rodgers..... Enough is enough... sometimes you do have to cut your nose off to spite your face....

8. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    He will either sit the year ( then we dont have to pay him) Behave like he did in week 17 ( then we dont have to pay him) or he will finally realize he has to play and play like antonio brown... All those scenarios we win rather theb give him away for a stinking 3rd rd pick to a team where he is still the best receiver in league.........

9. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Couldn’t agree more w the initial post. Enough is enough. It is incomprehensible to me that a Rooney led Organization would actually give a s-*t about where a locker room cancer WANTS TO GO!! Who cares what AB wants. He gets traded to where the STEELERS get the best deal. That’s how this is supposed to work!

10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    he only has a say because he says he will not show up if he don't like where they send him. At this point I keep him and let him listen to the fans boo him for an entire season every time he catches a ball.

Mr. Big Chest is not mentally tough enough to make it out of Latrobe like that.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Dude...Blount, James, Bell, AB...it’s been going on for years....

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The trading partner gives a ****.

By all reports, steelers and bills were good with the idea, which meant bills could talk to drew rosenhaus. Following that, they walked away - probably because AB made it clear what his demands for the next contract would be.

It’s not about where AB wants to be forcing the steelers hand. it’s what he’ll do when he gets there forcing the other teams hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

It’s not uncommon for players to have veto power

14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm thinking The Steelers and Bills had something worked out, the Bills contacted AB's agent (or vise versa) and his asking price was too high for them. Which could be the case for every team. Maybe his price would come down for a team with a legit shot at the title. Who knows at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    AB is gonna put himself in the right situation for him. He's already made it clear that he would walk away from the game rather than end up in a bad spot. Now at the end of the day he might be bluffing but if you're the other team , are you taking that chance? You're right he wants to go somewhere with at least a chance to win.

16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    No team is going to pull the trigger without having both deals in place. A deal with the Steelers, and a deal with AB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    Peter King said last night that he thinks antonio brown may now end up in pittsburgh......... Colbert told him no matter what they will not bring there price down for antonio, there will be no fire sale for best receiver in football.....

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, and how none of it was his fault. He'll be the typical victim.

19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am not sure that is what would be best for this team right now or next year. I think we need to cut him loose any way we can. The drama needs to end and not go on into another year. Seems each time we take a step forward we end up taking 2 steps back. Enough is enough. The best scenario would be to put this idiot into a position where he doesn't have a choice however that could happen. Better yet, he quits like the Cowgirl did.

20. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This is bigger than just cutting loose Mr. Big Chest. You can not just let any player start dictating if he decides to play or where he wants to play. They pay these guys enough in one year that they never do have to play again. As soon as they sign that first big contract they have F U money. If I don't get the trade I want. Mr Big Head can retire or he can give me the 3 years left on his contract.

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  21. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This all started with Bell. I agree with some on this Board to let his sit a year rather than give him up for a third round pick and then watch that team doo very well. The league needs to do something in the next owners meeting to slow this kind of stuff down.

22. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    The problem is they just get paid way to much.... Way to much... NBA nfl mlb nhl should have figured out what the market was years ago and paid them what they would play for. They way exceeded that and now the players do what ever they want. They could have set the market at around 600k to 2million a year and given them incredible benefits for the rest of there life.... You tell me where any of these knuckleheads are gonna make that much money doing anything other than sports............

23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I would like to find the first owner in any sports who thought it was a good idea to give a player a million dollars and smack him upside the head.

24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Who in the hell are Tomlinson and Tonkin?

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Those poor owners, barely scraping by.o_O;+)