1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I don't hate anyone that I don't personally know.

As far as these two guys though......Bell just has outrageous demands. And while I can't fault a guy for trying to get as much as possible, I can laugh because he made an absolutely stupid decision financially when he walked away from $14.5M guaranteed. I laugh at his stupidity.

Brown.....that's an ego that no one has seen since TO, probably worse.

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp he definitely will.

3. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    How does he have a say in this ??

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    We dont know what was outrageous as we had no one elses offers to compare to what Pittsburgh was giving him on the fact that he was never a free agent who had the ability to seek offers from other suitors until now. The jury is still on that. As for AB that's a whole different scenario. If this is about money for him than I have absolutely no sympathy for him. He knew that bad deal had low guarantees when he signed it. That's why bell declined the offer they gave him. Pitt has never gave anyone high gurantees so AB should have never signed that deal in the first place. Oh well.

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Why would a team give up compensation for a player who wont play there?

6. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Keep him. Let him make his noise and be a malcontent. When that gets too annoying, fine him repeatedly for conduct detrimental to the team so he doesn't earn a penny and even try to recoup some of the signing bonus money as well.

Of course Im sure this will undoubtedly be followed by a grievance from the NFLPA and probably end up in court.

Sadly this will take time, like the entire 2019 season, and be an ongoing and lingering distraction causing further strife, turmoil, and division within the organization.

That's why I think they should ship him out for a late round pick with future considerations contingent on him signing a new deal with the new team.

7. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Wow, you've finally said something that I agree with.

Can Armageddon be far behind?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I just dont see the team doing that with how they are with money. I think they'd eventually cut him and move on. Addition ny subtraction.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Lol I've even acknowledged that AB went to far at this point. This will end up with him imo holding out. I was one of the first ones that said a trade wouldnt get done UNLESS someone like the saints feels hes the one missing piece to get the over the hump. An already made team. Not a team rebuilding except Arizona and that's only because hed get along with kyler pretty well.

10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    What a farce.

I'm too vindictive just to cut AB. Find a way to make him miserable and out of the locker room.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Why do I keep waking up to these embarrassing new articles about how we can't or don't know wtf we are doing with AB and trades. We need to fire everyone in the front office including the coach. When said and done we are going to get a 3rd for him....

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    There's only one team that really makes sense for AB to land at this point. I think they have 12 picks this draft. They turn lemons into lemonade all the time...

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    I get it. Just can’t stand him getting his own way after all that has happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Seems like he will get his way tbh because of the compensation the team wants for AB. If you're asking for high compensation the other team will want AB to be committed to them before the deal gets done. They talked to drew rosenhaus and he said AB wouldnt play for buffalo.

15. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    All the teams with initial interest are backing out now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m smelling a lawsuit against AB to get back bonus dollars. This is going to be very ugly, and I think it will result in AB being out of football for all of 2019.

The team HAS to be strong and take every legal step possible to enforce AB’s performance if a good deal doesn’t materialize.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Giving up a first round pick for a player that wont even commit to you is not worth it especially at the age of 31 with his baggage. You see what buffalo did when AB told them he wouldnt go there.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Then I don't think they will cut him because they know he still is a great player and they fear him going to somewhere like the Patriots. I dont know how this will end up.

19. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    AB was my favorite player for nearly a decade, now, I can't stand him. Dude is such a complete idiot.

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Keep him. When he doesn't show, he pays. Make wr one of the top picks and watch him really feel snubbed. We have to pay anyway so make it miserable and hope we get some fine money back. We can't continue to let the players take over the franchise. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Perhaps this is just my frustration and the heat of the moment, but I really hope the owners stick it to the players in the next CBA when it comes to contract fulfillment.

We have a player that is under contract for three more years who wants to be traded. That's fine. He doesn't want to be here, I'm all for him having the option to demand a trade.

What I'm not fine with is him having the ability to dictate where he goes. This is all speculation based on what's out there, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that Brown is going to have ludicrous contract demands for any team he doesn't want to play for.

The issue is the team trading for the player. They could give up a pick and have Brown theoretically never play for them without giving him a new contract. They would be screwed. Perhaps a rule could be added that provides draft pick insurance.

Let's say the Raiders would trade a first for Brown. He wants a new contract immediately. Raiders don't cave and Brown sits out the year. The Raiders would then get a compensation pick at the end of the round one round after the highest pick they gave. In this case, the Raiders would get a 65th pick in 2020, or a pick added at the end of the second round.

This is just the first solution that came to my head. I try not to state problems without giving a potential solution.

22. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    The players will press to get rid of the tag (and they should). Owners should absolutely press on contract fulfillment issues. AB got a huge signing bonus as incentive to commit to the team for the term of the deal. He (and other players) don't seem to grasp that the signing bonus was their guaranteed money. Everything else is predicated on, you know, showing up to work and playing. Its kinda like having a real job - you work, you get paid. the entire thing isn't a team loyalty or fan issue, it is a legal and employer-employee issue. The next CBA negotiation is likely to include a very long work stoppage. The Bell and AB situations are going to be huge case studies for those negotiations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    patriots can be decimated with injuries and still find a way to win the super bowl. I am not worried if he goes there or not, will not impact anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I agree completely. They MUST figure out a way for contract fulfillment or the NFL will become like the NBA.

25. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Wonder if they invoke the 'behavior detrimental to the team' clause of his contract and start fining him now? Dude's under contract for 3 more years and is sabotaging trade negotiations by saying he'll retire. There should be repercussions for his actions.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.