1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    God I hope it's the Bills....bwahahahahahahahaha

• Like Like x 2
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    At the end of the day if AB and Ben can’t sit in a room to hash it out, that is NOT Tomlin’s fault.

3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Hey, we already win with the Bills suddenly in the bidding. Now the Raiders will offer us one of their 1st round picks for sure!

BIDDING WAR! LOL.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    5B77DD3C-F984-41B4-AF04-5B7162320050.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    It would be awesome if we could wrangle Trumaine away from the bills. All 3 Edmunds brothers on the same team?

Flip our 2nd rounders and Trumaine for Brown. We get our first rd ILB and could move back up into the bottom of the 1st to grab a player that’s dropping.

Man I can dream.

6. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ha! As soon as I saw the Bills mentioned I said “no way that’s real.” Sure enough the rumors are moving away from that being real.

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, yes, it is his fault. I don't mean that it is entirely on Tomlin. Of course Roetlisberger and Brown bear their shares of responsibility, but you cannot reasonably say Tomlin isn't also at fault here. He allowed the toxicity to reach this level. He gave both players special treatment and he either failed to recognize the deterioration of the relationship or failed to properly address it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Even if it falls through, that doesn't mean it wasn't real. The most likely scenario is the teams had a deal in place and Brown threw a tantrum, threatened to retire and that is causing the Bills to back out or ask for a better deal. If that happened, it also makes it harder for the Steelers to move him elsewhere. At that point, they need to keep him. If he retires or refuses to play, they save on the cap hit. There is value in keeping him on the roster no matter what Brown does.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    If this is the case I’ll just sit his ass lol

12. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    :roflmao:Off the wall thought...maybe the Steelers leaked the bills news.... to see if AB tries to reconcile with the Steelers..... hmmmmm.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Just ready for this sh!t to end already lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Keeping Brown just isn't an option. You think he's a headache now, just think what his behavior will be if the Steelers keep him.

I honestly don't understand folks like you who actually think it's a viable alternative. If it's out of spite and you somehow want to punish him that's the proverbial cutting off you nose to spite your face.

Think through what will happen if the Steelers don't trade him. At a minimum he doesn't show up to camp and every reporter asks questions to every player about him. He continues to tweet and give our ridiculous interviews demanding a trade. He then shows up for the season to collect checks and half-asses it at best. He'll do everything he can to force a trade and all the time his trade value declines as he becomes more and more petulant. You want less drama? That ain't happening as long as AB is around. There's literally no way to Steelers can win by keeping him.

Get rid of the guy now and get what you can and move on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I hate ab more than bell now

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Mr big chest puffing his chest and saying he ain't going places.

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Golic and Wingo just had Adam Schefter's input on the Buffalo deal and it ain't happnin. They are talking about how the teams in the running have all dropped out of the race.

Of course media is media but I wonder if the Steelers are holding out for an impossible deal with a purpose?

18. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    AB is so stupid that he’s made himself toxic. No team is gonna give up anything for him. Force him to retire. He thinks he’s running the show. The Steelers have to make an example out of him. Otherwise, this crap never ends.

19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Tough call there. My hate is strong for both. I do look forward to watching both on other teams and rooting for failure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m at the point where if he stays and is benched I wouldn’t mind

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Do you think he would have a slightly different attitude if it becomes obvious that nobody wants him?

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Like I'm seriously wishing vile things on these 2 especially brown now.. With the money they make to act like this is just inexcusible. Especially the way he did get preferential treatment and still crying I really hope something bad happens to him to show him how good he had it. I bet Ryan shazier would kill to be back on the field and then u have these 2 a**holes

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I posted something similar a few pages back.
    I would think that given his stance of wanting new guaranteed money, that he and Drew Rosenhaus are probably actively involved in the trade talks. In fact, this absolutely has to be happening behind the scenes, since no team in their right minds would make a trade without some sort of guarantee that he'll show up (ie....a new contract). This would also explain why this thing is so wildly changing with rumors of teams being in, then being out hours later. Pittsburgh and team X agree in principle on compensation, then team X reaches out to AB and DR only to find out that he has some kind of outrageous contract demands causing them to back out.

If this is indeed the case, this really could drag on and force Pittsburgh into either sending him to where he wants to go, an outright release, or getting pennies on the dollar in return. Or worst of all, keeping him and causing a MAJOR distraction for 3 more years.

Although it would be nice to keep him, put up with the distraction and bench/fine/deactivate him for as long as it takes, I think that I'd rather get rid of him for pennies on the dollar if need be. I think he's such a malignancy in the locker room that he needs to be gone no matter what and I rather not waste another year of Ben's career.

24. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Both will find out that they are not worth what they thought and we fans should never let them forget that. NEVER

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I am beginning to wonder if the Steelers are going to stick it to AB out of revenge? "We're keeping you and if you don't like it, retire"

What, if any, leverage do they have to make him act like an adult?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.