1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Steeler did you most enjoy watching play?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Mar 6, 2019.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I was just about to say James Harrison. Obviously fans are still bitter about his departure but he sure was fun to watch up until he got railroaded by MT.

Hines, Troy are also among my favorites.

2. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    For me it is easily Hines Ward. Other than maybe Sidney Crosby I am not sure I have ever watched another professional athlete who got the most out of whatever talent they were blessed with. Hines was a beast game in and game out in the face of defenses who wanted to kill him. He was often the focus of defensive backs who wanted to take him out of the game and yet he was the one delivering the knockout blows, as a wide receiver. I don't think I will ever see another player like him. Oh, and he did it while smiling. He must have been the most irritating opponent ever.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Am I the only one here who loved watching Dan "the destroyer" Krieder just pancake get guys and clearing the way? Or watching Decastro pull behind Heath and those two opening a lane big enough to fit even AB 's ego through. Seeing Hines blocking guys to the turf and smiling the whole way. The simple things in life. And Merrill Hoge.

• Like Like x 1
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    One of my favorite Steelers moments was Dan Kreider's block on Ray Lewis in the 2001 playoffs.
    The still photo doesn't do it justice.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    AB

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  6. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Troy Polamalu from '04-'10.

8. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    all great names and I have the same list...Troy, Swanny, Ward, Entire Steel Curtain D....but one I will toss out that deserve some love: Dermanti Dawson. Changed the position.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Mel Blount, Rod Woodson, Hines Ward, Jerome Betttis.

10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

I have always loved watching the blockers. Tim Lester was pretty good at it.

11. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I was born in ‘72 so that will frame it a bit. This list would go on forever but here’s 3;

1. The Bus

I loved watching him run over people. Nothing better . It was true Steeler football every time he touched the ball.

2. Big ben

Every time he drops back it’s like box of chocolates .

3. Troy

Id rank him higher but he was on D. Not as many touches. Watching him fly around not knowing where or when he would be was a treat to watch.

Wish it could have ended better with the team but the team did the right thing.

12. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Probably if you asked Bettis, he'd point to Kreider as the man leading the path for him. Both were awesome together. For a time there with Stewart at QB the Steelers would run smash mouth against 8/9 men in the box and still hammer it in.

Of course that's all they could really do, but they did it very well. Lot of fun to see.

There is one highlight clip somewhere of some poor defensive back going high on Jerome Bettis. The poor guy gets flipped up ended. Absolute train wreck. Kind of how you'd imagine a super hero running through people. Ah the good ole days.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    " Just Plain Nasty"

• Like Like x 1
  14. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Any player that played for Chuck Noll. I still say Noll would have kept up with Bellichick.