1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll put more stock in Peter King than this, never even heard of these guys. Steelers asking for best offer is a joke, that better not be remotely true. Makes it sound like they cant get squat for him.

2. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I'm so excited that this freakin circus is almost over. Sick of seeing only AB news plastered all over Steelers links. Woot woot.

3. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    My birthday is tomorrow. I want nothing more than to get off this damn Brown crazy train.

4. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    The score is one of 3 major sports outlets here in Canada, you guys have ESPN Foxsports and CBSsports, we have TSN, Sportsnet and The Score in that order. They are usually pretty bang on. I'm not too worried about the optics of it, to me it means more like they've made a deal and are giving other teams notice that this is your last chance, blow us away with your offers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Happy Birthday. Somewhere was a link where AB would sing you a birthday song for $500.00. Got an extra grand maybe he'll even bake you a cake.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    I'm not sure AB could read the recipe for a cake.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Never under estimate the stupidity of certain management like Washington and Oakland, LOL. They make a market for him right there.

I`m going with my original instinct and say Carolina is one of the "new" teams in the mix. They need Brown to compete in that division.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep. Theres always someone that thinks they can right the ship, that AB will be happy there and not a problem. And they may be right. Took 8 years for things to boil over. They could also be thinking no Ben no problems.

I still believe they get a late first rd pick.

9. SteelAU

SteelAU Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    I don't know, but to me getting a late first round pick for AB does not feel like a great thing based on what players will still be around by then. Unless you can get 1 of the first 15 picks, I don't think you get a sure thing.
    Now unless with now 2 first round picks, they can trade UP, then I think it will be a great trade.
    And i know, we are somewhat stuck w/ how we had to deal AB, with all his baggage...

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, they have to hit a hr with the pick they get for AB. Thats the other half of the equation.

They got TJ at pick 30, they need to choose wisely.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Actually I think a late 1st rounder would be great. The more film I watch on prospects, the more legit 1st round talent I see (mostly on defense). If we somehow get pick 27, we can get a solid player. This draft is really deep on defense.

I personally don’t think we’ll get a 1st for him though.

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    If we're fortunate enough to get a late first for AB, we should all run out and do a jig in the street.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    :dancing:
    Does it come with a blonde mustache?

14. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    They're projecting a 1st round now. I'd also be surprised, but hopeful.

I think this team will do just fine with moving the chains without Brown and Bell. Need to get another WR though. Hoping Washington steps it up to show he was not a bust pick.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

[​IMG]

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    In the words of my wife:

“He ain’t got no rhythm”.

17. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    With how he's been acting, I think we'll be very lucky to get a 1st rounder for him. I hope I'm wrong though.

18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    F'ing AB is a moron. He never hung out with Ben in the offseason?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Apparently the team IS The Raiders as all other suitors have dropped out saying "The price was too high",( matching The Raiders is too high.) The Raiders have a lot of draft capital to work with.

So is it AB for Pick 27? Pick 35? Or did The Raiders get weird again and offer us even more?

20. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh God I hope it's the Raiders and also that the reports that they want to go after Kyler Murray are true also.

That WILL END in complete an utter disaster.

Could you imagine AB playing with a rookie QB? Not only does the poor kid have to try to adapt to the NFL game but he's got to make sure that AB gets his catches, yards, and TDs too. And if not he better watch out for flying Gatorade jugs on the sideline.

I would absolutely LOVE to see Murray and Brown in Oakland or Las Vegas or wherever they decide to play.

[​IMG]

21. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Apparently Ian Rapaport is reporting that AB might go to the Saints for a 2 this year and a 3 next year. I'd hope for more and I'd hope AB doesn't land somewhere that he will be that good. I want him to either stay and be amazing for us or go somewhere he is miserable. I guess I am petty.

• Like Like x 2
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think the Steelers get a first rounder plus another pick or a first rounder and a player.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Antonio & Cam would be like oil & water imo. Bigger ego clash than Drag Queen night at the Apollo.

24. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Apparently this was a fake twitter account. Fake news is good news in this case.

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Somebody help me out? I hear this but I hear everybody saying it "WILL" be done by Friday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.