1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I guess we now know what he's into when he said that he's an entrepreneur :lolol:

https://www.cameo.com/v/FzCE8To_i

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    That site has exploded since the last time that I checked it out about 3 months ago. You could get Debbie Gibson to sing you a song for $50.

3. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    He really does lack intelligence. I'd would be pissed if I paid $500 for that. There is zero thought and effort in it. Debbie Gibson actually sings you a song. Go watch Plaxico Burress, he puts together a longer and well thought out, coherent message. "Not Happy Birfday, I also hear its your 20th anniversary. Wedding." What The Actual Faq is that mumbo jumbo? I think that Burfict hit really did some serious damage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Now we know how Rooney was able to get his meeting with AB

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    People keep making that comparison of Cooper and Brown as if Cooper had played anywhere near Brown's level up to the time of that trade. He hadn't. He had been impressive his first two years, then declined significantly in 2017 and during the part of 2018 he spent with the Raiders. His play picked up once he got to Dallas, but he still wasn't on Brown's level. Of course, you have to consider age and baggage with a player, but you don't ignore production.

6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

This is crux of the matter, Is production > baggage or is baggage > production?

For me, AB,'s baggage exceeds and he must go. Others may disagree, but I can't see any workable way back.
    If I Sacrifice the baggage , I'll accept a lesser PITA WR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It's unfortunate that AB, or someone close to him, can't get his act together. I don't care that he hurts himself but his antics are severely effecting what the Steelers will get for him. There are always a few teams who will take a big chance on a baggage laden super-star but every time he is in the public eye, he is chipping away at just how much anyone will give up for him. Keep in mind that the potential audience is small to begin with because of the money he will command, his age, the number of teams who have a gaping hole at WR and are also close to having all the other pieces in place.

The Steelers have always been masters at handling these types of situations but I don't feel good about much more than a 3rd round pick or a 3rd and 4th depending on where the other team drafts.

8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I mean did Cleveland or KC get alot of attraction before they got their star young QBs? Watch how much attention they get next yr Cleveland was more talked about this yr then since the franchise returned to Cleveland in the early 2000s. If a team sucks except for the cowboys they never get that attention. When you add someone box office though like a kyler murray that adds to the national attention. And remember how terrible jared Goff looked until sean mcvay. Who's to say kingsbury cant turn them around there's some talent on that roster and murray is going to be a stud. Coaching matters in the nfl more than any other sport.

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Truth although you can make a argument that for the 2nd half the season Cooper was the best WR in the nfl. He was that dominant with Dallas and looked like the 4th overall pick he was out of Alabama. Plus hes only 24. Theres no telling where he will go from here hes a nick saban product so he has some football talent and iq.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And another thing gruden and AB woudlnt work. Now this guy wasn't as great as AB but in his time he was a very good receiver. Keyshawn johnson. He had just helped them win the superbowl and was probably their best player on offense I remember that eagles nfc championship where he caught like 8 for 120 and a td. And Gruden got rid of him the next season because keyshawn yelled at him on the sideline. Gruden is a old school no nonsense coach. It would not work. Hes a my way or the highway type of guy.

11. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Damn, I should have thought of this 30 years ago..... could be a billionaire by now. What a damn head-case. WOW.

12. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I heard it's your second anniversary..... Wedding... :D.... Dudes a f***ing clown at this point.. U can also tell that he's probably running outta money by doing this.. Never saw that coming lmao

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, if Oakland actually makes that trade, any dust ups between Gruden and AB wouldn't be the Steelers' problem. It would be kind of funny if they get hosed two years in a row trading for Steelers' WRs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No I'm saying that's why I dont think they'd trade for him. I'm not sure who at the moment would trade for him but we will see. Arizona if they get kyler probably wouldnt be bad I think he and AB would work.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It's called 'Business', and it's 'BOOMIN'!:taunt:

16. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    A first-round pick for Brown would still be pretty amazing.

17. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    AB searching for his new team

Attached Files:

• AB.jpg
      AB.jpg
      File size:
      69.7 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    This ..

Peter king says he'd go to Vegas to bet Oakland trades 27th pick for AB. If last years offseason you asked Oakland which of the 2 receivers they'd want for the next 3-4 years they'd undoubtedly say AB

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    AB the Walrus :roflmao:

This is pretty encouraging coming from King. Make it happen!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
  21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t expect Oakland to trade for him either - at least not pick 27. They’re not on the fringe of contention, and they (should) know that.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There is no doubt the trade worked out beautifully for the Cowboys, but as a comparison of his trade value at the time the Raiders dealt him to Brown's value right now, his production for Dallas is irrelevant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There is no doubt that Smith-Schuster is a much easier to like and respect at this point. There is a reason the NFL chose him for the Super Bowl commercial with all those great current and former players. That sure seems like a conscious choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    AB’s nose is bigger than the walrus’.

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Winning the Power Ball would be okay too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.