1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it totally ruins this season if he's here but I agree with this. They started down this dangerous path when they released JH for his behavior. Why they didn't just deactivate him and send him home for the rest of the season is beyond me.

AB is trying to do the same and they can't let that happen. If they go into this season with him on the roster, they have to stick it out.

Raiders are apparently the most interested, let's hope they can work something out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If Mayock wasn’t there, I’d feel a bit better about getting something done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    ab video straight ridiculous!? not helping the chances of making a trade and he the one who wants out. call God or something.

4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Well according to reports he and Ben did get into during week 17. We dont know the full story of what actually happened but I'm sure the whole practice thing did happen the way it was reported so wasnt like he and Ben didnt get into during week 17.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He might owe it, but how are they going to get it out of him?

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    AB skipped a practice earlier this season after his 'trade me' tweet, Tomlin covered for him. This behavior from AB is nothing new and until week 17 he was never disciplined for it, so he was expecting business (boomin) as usual. This goes back several seasons. AB attacked Haley on the sidelines (2013?), the following week he was fed the ball and had his career game. He threatened to hold out in 2015, they gave him a 2 million$ raise. TD celebration penalties went unchecked. Facebook from the locker room went unchecked. The list goes on and on, now we see the end result.

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Litigation. It happens.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    AB also come out and said that him and Ben had no problems and were laughing at the media.

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In your experience as a student athlete if you got into it with a teammate on the field or in the locker room, say he disagreed with you about how crazy Bell was acting, and you skipped practice for the rest of week. Would your coach really listen to the fact that you skipped practice because the other guy hurt your feelings. Think he will give you playing time? I'm serious you think blaming someone else is going to sway a coaching staff?

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I can not believe he is trying to accuse the Steelers of controlling the narrative and that it is all some team wide conspiracy to keep him down. I don't expect any response from the team but since he is controlling the narrative at this point I wish the team and players would hit him with both barrels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    All I saw was a mentally ill man who forgot to wipe the milk off his face before a big interview

14. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think they should be suing him now for tampering.

BTW... they could litigate for the prorated $$$ but if he's already spent it...

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I wound up talking to an NFL agent once out of coincidence. I just sat down next to him on a bench at a small town fair. He struck up a conversation about the logo on my t shirt.

He told me in all of his years as an agent, not one client ever took his advice on anything. One kid told him he was smart and didn’t need his advice. Agent asked when he got smart. Kid said when He signed that contract. Agent told him he didn’t get smart, he just got rich.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wonder if they are still texting each other and laughing about it.

I imagine that wouldn't happen until he is out of here. Then I'd expect a bunch of snark directed his way.

17. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Well, I`m thinking it`s time for major change. This is what we should do if we get no offer worth taking for Brown. Keep him on the roster. Tell him to shut up, show up to meetings on time and play his best or else he will face maximum financially punitive measures possible. Put same high standard on all other players. Fine him the max for every offense possible under the rules. Put him on the field see what he does. If he refuses to play or intentionally plays poorly, he sits out like Bell for the year.

The hard line is the only way out. When it is over, any other players in the future who starting thinking like Bell and Brown will have to ask themselves if they want to go down the same road against management like Bell and Brown did. Losing a year of a short career is a big deal. We need to see management do what they can to stop this from happening again.

Since Tomlin is a players coach, this has to be an edict from Rooney so Tomlin does not get the ire from any players and Tomlin suddenly getting tough is not believable. As they say, the fish rots from the head down. Only Rooney can fix this.

18. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Fools straight narcissist that has surrounded himself with narcissists which he now calls mentors. He can't be reasoned with as his circle includes everybody who believes like him and all take the victim approach to any and all of it... Always pointing fingers and never shouldering any blame. They drag it on and on until somebody's loose lips throw out a line or two of rhetoric (Colbert or Ben or Tomlin) that is on the surface dumb sounding and that can further be twisted or manipulated to fit the narcissist's narrative and they jump on it rabidly saying "see? See? I told y'all!" Doesn't matter if it's one instance involving one incident, it then becomes an anchor for them to rally around and then root up support on whatever platform with like minded folk. They does this constantly all the while ignoring the handful of other incidents that they are dead wrong on.

AB needs to fix his **** and own his **** and stop with the but, what if, and I'm my own man without blame BS! It's seriously embarrassing behavior that is going to continue to reap negative results. Guy ain't doing anybody any favors himself mainly and he refuses to see it... Life's hard enough and it's even harder when you're stupid!

19. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow ... when did any of us fans start controlling the steeler's franchise? When did we acquire say so over the affairs of this team? When did we start signing checks?
    I see alot of posters ... taking these negotiations personal. Hating the player(s), hating coaches, hating ownership. Your two cent doesn't matter at all during these negotiations and team affairs.
    Stay in your lane fans. Because, we all know, that whether you agree with the outcome or not. You still will be rooting for this team, showing up for games, and purchasing any and everything with Steelers on it.
    So, to prevent stress, high blood pressure, depression and any other health issues. Just sit back and let things play out and run it's course. Bottom line ... we're neither right or wrong. Our opinions, just don't matter.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

I was thinking the same thing....that he's trying to be such a cancer that he ruins his trade value to the point that the team will outright release him allowing him to pick where he wants to go.

One huge problem with this line of thought, is that if you are going to act so outrageously that you ruin your trade value, you are also ruining your free agent value as well. Right now if he goes wherever the Steelers ship him, he can make $35M+ over the next 3 year. If the Steelers release him, given his erratic behavior, how many teams will give him the guaranteed money that he desires, or at least enough to make up the $35M+ that he's losing by being released? There may possibly be a few, but will they be where HE wants to go? It's not like 31 other teams will be instantly interested in him once he's a free agent, especially given the price he will want.

So if this is indeed his plan, it's stupid and very myopic. But then again, that hit by Burfict was pretty hard.......

21. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I just watched the entire espn interview.

Wow.

His reaction to and explanation for the speeding ticket is all you need to know.

First surprised that they even pulled him over at all because, well, he's a Pittsburgh Steeler in Pittsburgh and he knows a lot of them. Then claims that they said he was profiled as a suspect in a robbery and because of that they had to call a bunch of back up.

Said he was just trying to get to work.

Dude....you were going 2 and 1/2 times the speed limit (conveniently never mentions that). Then he poo-poos the court hearing as 'not important' (you HAVE to request that if you don't want to pay the fine) and criticizes the media for trying to make him look bad for not showing up.

The dude is arrogant, entitled, and narcissistic to a level and a degree that I have never seen before. Can you imagine what the locker room is like with that cancer in it? Talk about walking on egg shells. Getting rid of him WILL BE addition by subtraction.

Not saying that Ben is a choir boy, but this fiasco falls 1000% on AB and no one else.

It's his ego not getting constantly stroked, and JJSS being named team MVP that is the reason for this blow up.

Good bye ****head. I can't wait to see you destroy another locker room when your next QB is one hopping you passes.

• Winner Winner x 3
  22. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  25. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Just heard that on the radio... Overwhelmingly the talk heads on the AM dial are echoing the fact that his value is plummeting due to his being an narcissistic ass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.