1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    I'm completely willing as a fan to say F you to Brown and pay him to sit on his a$$ In spite

2. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    On the off chance that the Steelers don't get the offer they want..... then keep AB.... guarantee he'd get his bonus but be a hold out into camp and probably the whole season like LB.... and not get paid. On the off chance that he does show up.... start fining his azz for every time he does or says anything detrimental to the team..... he'd probably end up owning the Steelers..... if I was in charge.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

AB is going to own the Steelers? Kinda like how Lemieux owns the Pens?

4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    AB owning the Steelers ? Some of the 52 kids on this team, might have an issue, with the mandatory golden mustache rule Brown would implement.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Reading the preliminary stuff for his ESPN article paints a grim picture of just how delusional he is and the lengths he is willing to go to be cut so he can sign a new deal.

Some tidbits, He is upset that AT2 doesn't know his current gf name after being employed by him for 9 years or any of his kids names.

Upset the he and Ben aren't closer. Upset that he is told by Ben that he is his guy then don't throw him the ball for the 1st quarter and has criticism lobbed at him about his play that game.

Tomlin sent him home and then paints him as quitting on the team when he does what the coach told him.

He basically said he will be a distraction if they don't cut him loose.

6. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Someone ought to check if there is something in the water at the Steelers' facility because between Brown and Bell we have two of the craziest players in the league right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I just watched the interview.

Anyone that is believing his BS should have their head examined also. Brown believes Ben gets special treatment, but yet Brown is the one with his own place in training camp while Ben is with the rest of the team.

No this is about the Steelers not bending to the ownership of Antonio Brown << as ridiculous as that sounds

Brown even stated in his interview in response to other teams GMs that they'd have to play by his rules.

What a complete idiot. How this has gotten turned around to not be completely his fault is a joke. Any team that gets him is going to have one hell of a problem on their hands.

The Raiders traded Moss for a 4th round pick. Sadly if I'm another team, I wouldn't even give that for him.

It'll be very interesting to see how this plays out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Whoops, meant to say owe the Steelers.... from excessive fines

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Full ESPN video is interesting.... he says Front office and Ben didn't really ever bother to get to know him and his family. Ben never wanted to work out with him in the offseason?

Not sure where the truth lies there, but I guess that is fair if he feels that way.

I keep feeling this could all be mended, but such is life I guess...

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Do not cut him. Even if you trade him for some other teams backup player you don't cut him. He does not deserve to be in control here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Maybe. But I see a pathological liar here. And keep in mind I'm the guy who usually bashes ownership.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
  13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Nope. Make him play special teams only. Otherwise, he sits his ass on the bench. If he doesn't like it, he can feel free to not show up and the Steelers can dock his pay, or he can retire and pay back a bunch of money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Brown: “I don’t even have to play football if I don’t want, bro,” Brown said. “I don’t even need the game. I don’t need to prove nothing to anyone. If they’re going to play, they’re going to play by my rules.”

Can anyone be that stupid. His agent must have no control over him, not one bit.

If we get no offer worth accepting, I say tell him to play and if he says no, Bell him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Probably 45 years as a Steelers fan and this is the most disturbing era I've ever seen with certain players. It makes the 80's look like a success.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    No way bro, if by miracle of god we in the playoffs next year we will eventually have to go through them. Their offense is way too good for us to give AB to.

But.... AB could literally destroy their locker room and team chemistry....hmmmm. This might be good.

18. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I’ve never seen a more delusiona person, Jesus. Anyone that thinks we are getting a 1st for him after all these articles https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-brown-231114748.html is smoking it. You want to talk about red flags, there’s dozens of them in one interview. No team is going to risk a 1st for this idiot.

I really really think he’s lost his mind, did he get severely concussed in a game this year?

19. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    So AB is bent out of shape because Art II doesn't know the names of his kids, because Ben didn't habve him over more often, that Ben they don't work out together in the off season. Ok, but all that was true before Week 17, and it didn't bother AB too much then apparently,

So what changed in Week 17? Two things: 1) Juju won the BS team MVP award,and Ab took that as lack of respect by team mates and 2) following his temper tantrum over this, AB fully expected that he could show up for Cincy game and play and for the first time in history, Tomin told him no.

That was it, the Steelers suddenly don't respect him or his great talent, and he'll show them how indispensible he is, by going elsewhere.

I can't see how they can keep him, great talent aside, The only way back is if the Steeler apologize for 'torment' they put AB through, they ain't happening and can't happen.

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That’s what he wants. There’s no way the Steelers can do that without losing credibility in any future negotiations of player issues. As a fan, I’d rather see AB be a distracting healthy scratch and us have a mediocre season or two than give in. Why would I say that? Because in the long run the team is doomed if it shows that much weakness and gives in. It will NEVER have credibility in future tough negotiations. The message has to be “if you want to kill your career, kill your career. We’re NOT going to allow your negative behavior to force us to give you what you want.”

• Like Like x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought about that but Ford and TJ is a lot better than Bud and TJ.

And AB might wreck their locker room like you said. :thumbs up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    KC invested heavily in Watkins and has Hill. No way they take on AB too.

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Another way out is to say “you want a release AB? We’ll release you if you pay back the $21 million in prorated bonus dollars” - which by the way, he’ll owe if he retires, so his “I don’t need football gig is just more BS.

No way, no how, no chance can the team give in. I’d rather go 6-10 the next couple of years and be stronger in the long run. If we give in, this team loses all credibility and every malcontent will just play the same game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.