1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Todd Haley Firing was the Begining of AB Saga

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Feb 20, 2019.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Colbert just further confirming things. He said Ben is the leader of 52 kids.. thus implying like AB is saying that Ben is above everyone. Sad

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Those comments were troubling indeed. I think this might have been Colbert trying to get a message across. "If you go up against Ben, we are going to side with Ben. So best not to go up against Ben." Either way the 52 kids thing was a weird thing to say.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The choice of the word “kids” was just awful. Had he said “men,” which he most assuredly should have, I would be fine with what he said. Like it or not, the QB is far and away the key cog on an NFL team, and a QB who has led his team to 3 SBs, winning 2, is the team’s most important player. It’s really not even close. Sending that message very clearly to everyone else isn’t a bad thing make sure everyone understands.

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    It gives off that notion that Ben is "above" the rest. It shouldn't be that way regardless of his stature. No question he's the most important player on the team. He has been since he has became a starter.

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And its reported the team wasnt happy about that. The young guys probably wont take much offense to it as they are just so worried about trying to prove themselves in the NFL but the vets will. That's why early on we had the success we had even though Ben wasnt a leader. We had vets who could challenge Ben as they were already established before him and he was the one who had to prove themselves to him. Now no one on the roster has that cache to challenge Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Thats the thing. I am trying to put my finger on how AB got to this point. I realize I am wearing a tin foil hat here. But I will wear it proudly. I think AB's ego already had him on edge. When Haley got fired it angered AB in three ways. #1. " Haley feeds me the ball. I like that." #2. "I can't believe Ben was able to get a coach fired. Thats not right." #3. "Oh my god, Ben has his boy as offensive coordinator now, I already think Ben under-appreciates me, now he has free reign to do whatever he wants." If you are looking for a fourth ring for your circus here's one. Going by @mcam 's theory of this being about money, I think AB heard all this talk about guaranteed money for Bell, and thought to himself, "I gotta get me some of that. They didnt give me huge guaranteed money. I want a new contract with huge guarantees up front too. What about me? What about AB? Me!!! Me!!! Me!!!"

7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Either way, a line has been drawn in the sand. it will either help eliminate dysfunction or add to it. I guess we will find out next season on the hit show "Ben's Anatomy". New episodes begin next August.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So what. No different than having a supervisor at work.
    If Rooney wants Ben to be the man then that’s the way it is. Their team their rules.

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That's fine but we see what type of environment would be fostered when ben is considered above everybody.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Wherever there’s a bona fide franchise QB, he rules the roost. We’re hearing so much about it in Pittsburgh right now because of an egomaniacal diva who can’t take being #2 without throwing a hissy fit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ab not the only one that got problems with ben.

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben is probably the only one who doesn't have problems with AB. You never seem to bring this up though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Because other than Ryan Clark I havent heard anyone else say it. According to reports most say he works harder than anybody and was a good teammate. I saw Hines ward, Sanders, even RYAN CLARK etc.. all criticize Ben.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Who else on the current roster does?

15. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Doesn't fit his delusional narrative.

16. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Man, get outta here with that bullsh!t

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

I feel like we have crossed paths.
    I may have been wrong or you may have been. Either way, we both agree on this, in general.

I posted in the Ben post about this idea, generally.
    I only suggest this concept as an extension of my own.

In other words, good on you. Well done. I agree.

18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree on this and I've been saying the same thing with some of my other Steeler pals:shrug:. Ben doesn't like to be challenged or questioned. He didn't like Haley from the second he was hired. He had his Rosetta stone comment and if you remember they took days before they actually met. Ben started that relationship off on a bad foot from day one. He doesn't like it when he doesn't get his way. Haley had developed a good relationship with AB and that didn't sit well with Ben. You know that hug pissed Ben off but the feud really started brewing when Haley got fired. That's when AB knew there was Ben and then everyone else and that slowly built up until the explosion before and since the Cincy game. The criticisms fueled the flames.There is a trail of breadcrumbs that isn't hard to follow,starting when Haley got fired.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I have no idea if we have crossed paths, as you say, or not. The fact that we agree means that either we are both right, or both crazy. Something tells me that if the AB tell all interview ever comes out, we will know for sure.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    After seeing Haley on hard knocks I’m pretty sure Haley got himself fired. There have been numerous reports over the years about how AB cares about one thing and that’s AB. Couple that with him hanging out with chad Johnson and Terrell Owens and it shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that he turned into a diva.Additonally remember AB and his stupid FaceTime live in the locker room? That was before Haley was fired. In case you need it spelled out for you AB was acting like a jackass long before Haley got fired.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

And the incorrect translation of the Rosetta Stone comment comes back from the dead. next someone will go back even further and claim AR2 said we have to run the ball more.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    No one is saying he wasn't but if you think losing a guy who he felt was in his corner didn't help contribute at all to everything that happened this year.....you'd be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Wasnt even that imo. I think he was speaking to how Ben got the man out of town just because they clashed. Certainly wasnt due to coaching because then how do they explain keeping butler over haley when haley's offenses were ranked top 5 every yr and butler has had terrible defenses.

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Care to be the official translator then? If you can't recognize Ben's passive/ agressive attacks by now I don't know what to tell you. I guess his comments about when Rudolph was drafted and the things he said after he was drafted were innocent as well. That's why he had to back track and clarify his statements. It's not just you but I find it funny how people say they have no problem with the things people say and that the targets of such are being too sensitive. Yet when they read the actual quotes they admit,well I guess this could of been taken a certain way. That means if you can single the comment out. Isn't it in the realm of possibility that someone could find it offensive? I think so.....His passive/ agressive style is well known and documented. Sorry but it's true....

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It's kind of both and the same thing....no?