1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben the Undisputed Leader of this Team

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I remember how deflated I was when I saw what an ******* Lambert had turned into, or maybe always was. When he became a game warden, he created more hatred than I wanted to accept so I choose to remember him sending Brian Sipe flying out of bounds and later saying they should put dresses on the QB's.

2. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    This might be a first that I agree with anything you said. Ben is an A hole for sure and I've witnessed it in person as well. I was invited to play a private course by a vendor a few years ago, he wasn't a member but his friend was and organized it. I didn't know the other two but typically I and the vendor play in under 3:30 mins for 18. That's about as fast as you can get, plus at a private club things are spaced out more. We were at about the 5th or 6th hole and had waited literally every shot because there were a bunch of groups ahead of us. A ball was hit right pass the other guys cart. This two some behind us hit into us and then drove right up to us and the guys didn't say one word and just hit their ball passing us. Everyone was confused and then the member said it was Big Ben and he just plays through. WTF. I've never seen that on any course where a guy just hits into a waiting group doesn't say one word and just keeps plowing through. I watched them go through the next tee same crap. didn't say one thing just went to the tee with guys standing there and just tees off. That's about as big of an a hole you can be on the golf course. F that guy, I've had zero respect for him since then.

I was lucky enough to play the RTJ country club near DC, one of the most exclusive clubs in the freaking world. Just so happens Michael F ing Jordan was behind us. You know how many times he hit into us or hurried us? ZERO. Ben walks around like everyone owes him something and I was told he did that crap all the time at the club until eventually all the members got rubbed the wrong way.

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Fixed that for ya!

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m guessing a lot of successful QBs are egotistical jerks. I read things like that about plenty of them, but don’t pay too much attention because I’m a Steelers fan.

I recall the postgame trophy ceremony after Super Bowl XL. Ben specifically said something about how much it meant to him that his O line got the trophy. The same O line that got him beat to pulp that season. If anyone deserved calling out in a bad way for performance, it was that group, yet Ben gave them props. Bad leader.

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

You are a better man than I am my driver would have been up his a$$......well maybe not my drive that cost to much my 3 or 5 wood. I have never played with stars on a course however I did play a tourney and right after Bill Murray rented the whole course just so he could play with nobody on it.

That story about Ben speaks about the type of guy he is, what a freaking joke. I hate to hear that kind of stuff about our players as I know many of us fans put our players above a lot of other ones. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Man, some of you act like Ben screwed your wife or something. You Ben haters will be crying crocodile tears when Ben retires and we go into another 19 years of searching for the next franchise QB.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Calling on your tag team partner?

9. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Honestly, I was a guest, I had no idea what to do. If it was on my course I would of done something. Never seen a guy just plow through a bunch of 4-somes like no one existed. I'm ultra conscientious about etiquette and letting people through. Didn't ask us, say sorry or anything. Just like no one was there.

It has nothing to do with him being a great QB, he's just an A hole to the max. Only reason I kinda support him is he wears the black and gold.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Fraud

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We don't live in our fears around here ;)All we have to do is paint Rudolphs nose red with some of that paint we use on our barn and he will lead the way....:hehehe:

• Like Like x 2
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It's not like franchise QB's weren't available to the Steelers in that 19 year search, the problem was they didn't make the right moves to get one.
    I'm not a Ben hater btw, I'm a Ben realist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, counting from when Cowher was the coach, there really wasn't. Closest was Chad Pennington which I think they should have taken.

And other than the Marino blunder, not sure how many others they missed out on in the 80's but I don't recall any other stories about them blowing a chance at a great QB.

So one franchise QB and one good QB in 19 years that they could have gotten.

Good news is the game is changing and more in line with the college game so finding franchise QB's isn't as daunting as it used to be.

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Are you trolling now???? King troll a lot that's what you do, thanks for proving my point. You and your tag team were all over me and thesteeldeal about this a month ago and now someone else says the say thing where is your big mouth???? You offer nothing you want to point things out and cry about them, you treat newer post like crap, you are a wanna be mod who will never be.....that's right I said WHO......YAWN!
    Back off you don't like what I have to say block me, if not zip it dude.

15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Couldn't agree more. With the right HC and OC in place it's not like it used to be like you said. Flacco and Foles won SBs not too long ago. Matt Ryan should of won one and Goff as bad as he was could of easily been on the winning end too. The franchise QB helps tremendously but so does the HC and a good supporting cast. Who knows? Rudolph could be that guy....

• Like Like x 1
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Name them then. Outside of the 1983 class with 3 HOF QBs, there is Aikman, Peyton Manning, and maybe McNabb drafted between 84 and 04. And a whole lot of disappointments drafted in the 1st round over that 20 year period.

I agree the Steelers made some really crappy moves at QB position between TB and BR. What franchise QB did we have a legit shot at but didnt get?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I think a part of it is that the " franchise " QB is a relatively new term. We didn't really start hearing the term until the same QBs kept appearing in championship games and SBs on a consistent basis. It was also around that time that the rules were just starting to be more advantageous to those teams with those franchise type QBs. More emphasis was put on the QB position as opposed to the past where defense and running games were much more important than who your QB was. Like Blast said,with the way the NFL is trending now and more and more QBs coming out of college having played in pro style offenses. They are coming out more capable and ready and the rules are already in their favor. QBs used to have to sit for years behind the starters just to get up to speed.
    I understand the concerns post Ben and I know it's worrisome thinking we have to go through a 19 year drought. **** it's been a 11 year drought with Ben. So even though it helps a lot to have one. Teams are proving more and more recently that you can win with a QB that might not be that great but is playing well at the right time.

Defense is still helping win championships. Sometimes it's more timely D than consistently dominant D but in the end you have to make stops when it counts. A balanced , mistake free O and a solid opportunistic D can win titles in today's game. IMO it looks like coaching is becoming just as important if not more than who your QB is....Xs and Os are where it's at in today's game. Proper planning and preparation is the key and sadly we are lacking in those areas...IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Get it all out man.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Like I said, the Steelers didn't make the right moves to acquire a franchise QB. The right moves includes more than drafting in position. Trading up in the draft, free agent QB's, ect.
    Marino was quite a blunder too, let's not discredit that. He would have carried them through the 80's and 90's into the 2000's, right around the time Ben came along.

21. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Personally, whether he's a leader or not, he's the longest tenured player on the team, has won super bowls...... if the younger players or prima donnas don't like getting called out.... then don't F-up. These kids are instant rich right out of college..... normal college grads get criticized in the real world for much less of a paycheck. Suck it up buttercup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Trying man can't hold it back anymore.......

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Think outside the draft position the Steelers had in those years, or outside the draft all together. Making moves.
    They could have had Joe Montana in '93, so there's a pretty good one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  25. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    True. Even outside the draft, we went out and got a bunch of leftovers, has-beens, and never-were's.

We likely all agree that Ben's replacement isn't on the roster right now. Realistically, a team with a BR caliber QB in his prime is not going to just a let them go, so the path for a franchise QB to replace Ben is most likely going to be through the draft. And unless they completely tank to get a top 10 pick or do some dealing to trade up, we going to be stuck with mid to late round duds like Dobbs, Dixon, Landry Jones, etc.

These Ben haters are in for a rude awakening when he decides to hang up the cleats. That's all I'm saying. A whole lot of Ben bashing going on because he's an a$$hole. Wah wah, Ben is a jerk.

• Agree Agree x 1