1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben the Undisputed Leader of this Team

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Feb 20, 2019.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I remember watching Ben when he played for Miami University and hoping the Steelers drafted him. When he was there at the 11th pick I was jumping up and down in my house. Knew he would be the one to take us to the Championship level once again right from that moment. When he said that Bradshaw had 4 rings and he wanted 5 I didn't think it was a pot shot at Terry but rather a mentality that this team desperately needed.

2 out of 3 SB rings aint bad but I always thought he could win more. With our current coaching staff and players he may have to pull out a miracle to ever hoist another Lombardi.

Calling out other players is the least of my concerns with him. He has his own faults for sure but a desire to win isn't one of them.

• Like Like x 4
  3. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Ben has never been or ever will be a leader of a team. Sorry. He is not a leader. He is a performer, that's it. TJ Watt and JuJu are the future leaders of this team.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

In the words of another poster.........we're doomed!!!!!! :smiley1:

I am not a Ben hater I call it the way I see it, I have said many times that Ben is one of the perfect fits for this team but I am not a fan of the radio show and I am not a fan of calling out other players. If you want to be a leader lead with actions not words, I hope this works out cause I am sick of all the drama here. I want to get back to football and forget about all this other nonsense.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    TJ :facepalm::facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Certainly can't argue with the results! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    God help us all ... if this is true! I can't believe this organization. We are definitely. .. the new joke of the league.
    We as fans, are mad at the players. When we should be mad at the instigators (Owner, GM, HC, media). Can't you guys see how they are tearing this team apart?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Maybe we can get JJ in a trade for AB?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    You know what I meant buddy.

10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Ben is not a leader but he isn't the problem other than a couple games a year where he throws too many INTs. Coaching has been the main issue.

11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I don't think the future leader of our franchise is on the roster. It would have been shazier if he didnt get his injury.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Sold!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Well, Ben the QB , I like. Ben, the person, I can't stand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    When you have solid leadership from your coaching staff, there is far less need to have it among st your players. The Head Coach of the football team needs to be the one who sets the tone, the one players have to answer to. When you have strong leadership at the top, it will trickle down among st the players.

Ben is the senior most player within the organization. He should be a leader, and he should have the right to call players out. It should also be done privately and not on 93.7 the Fan.

• Agree Agree x 7
  15. Heidi Williams

Heidi Williams Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Let's say Ben has perhaps has tried to talk to and "lead" players in the locker room, at practices, and in the film room. Maybe this hasn't worked, so he become frustrated and turned to the media, as his passive-agressive tendencies lead him to do often.

Well so what!!! No way in hell should he get an endorsement from the GM to call out players in the media because he is the "elder statesman" and "they should listen"

When I saw this I was hoping there was additional context like yes hold players to a high standard but the media is not the most appropriate venue....but nope.....WOW!!!

Good free agents may see this and say "So big Ben has permission to call me out in public"??? "No thanks Pittsburgh!!!
    "Good luck this season, you're gonna need it."

Unbelievable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Oh, so you know Roethlisberger personally? Didn't think so.

17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I always believed that free agents go where they'll be paid the most and especially with a potential HOF QB on a contending team each year. I could be wrong but that's what I think and Im sticking to it.

18. Dreamman0

Dreamman0 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    When Ben wins his 3rd SB this year after losing arguably the best RB and WR in the league, some of you will look quite silly.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Ben has called out the drama and guys versed in the drama without naming said folks (coaches included) in the past. It was during the whole am I coming back or not era... I thought he was done with the BS then and was gonna hang it up. He seems to want to right the ship so we'll all see how it goes but the **** AB is pulling now might've been part of it all along as well with some other members. We'll never know unless there is a tell all to it but things been stinky for a bit now and he was calling it out back then. For AB to keep to keep changing his rhetoric up every other day might be pretty telling itself. "Ain't about money... If money's guaranteed call", "I got 5kids to feed" (insert the original total recall meme there hahahahah), it's a resoect issue with Ben but saves the last few ticks on his all AB highlight good bye video for a sweet little Ben AB embrace.

What some aren't acknowledging, is the fact that AB and others along the way have a ****ty attitude that's been wrecking the locker room. Past few seasons folks been bringing it up... D Castro, Pouncey, heyward etc...

They might still tow a company line, but when big pieces of the team are saying some **** it resonates. I think them along with Ben were not outright calling out by name but saying what needed to be said to players and coaches alike. Blount got what he wanted, Harrison did too... Now it's AB's turn to pitch a ***** and blame everyone top to bottom fans included other than himself and hope that it works out in his favor. Problem I have with it all, is I can empathize or see sides to certain things like Harrison's ordeal. Was he lied too or why didn't the Staff utilize him blah blah blah. Plenty of understandable blame to go around there for all parties involved. It's the childish **** with James and now AB that doesn't hack it with me. There is more than enough out there to weave a web of presumption on AB and the dude is seriously not with it and not in the right on this one.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We don’t need to win the Super Bowl for that.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ben’s more of a leader than people give him credit for.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Leader of what? Bitching about coaches or players every year?

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    When I start smoking crack, maybe then I can believe like you. As long as Mike Tomlin is the head coach of this team, the Steelers will not win a Super Bowl. Take that to the bank and credit union of your choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Players like Heyward and Pouncey have said Ben is the leader of the team.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Wondered who had that crystal ball.